‘Branches / Bones.’

RHKing

MobiAddict
Real Name
Robert H King
Device
iPhone X
I’ve been absent from here for too long. I’ve had direct messages from some wonderful people wishing me well and hoping for some new work to be posted. It’s been a difficult time recently as my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer a few months ago. She has had surgery and is now going through radiotherapy. We are staying positive. I have been going through a no go period of creative output, trying to focus while life throws challenges at you is a difficult thing to do. Anyway folks here is finally something new. As ever I welcome your thoughts.

I wish good health and happiness to you all.....

‘Branches / Bones.’
From my ‘Invisible Soundtracks’ series of works inspired by song titles and lyrics. In the square format of the 7” single and 12” single/album artwork that was an integral part of my visual education growing up and that still influences my practice today.

8A716187-A0EF-4A37-8BB3-A89E3D7DA0F9.jpeg

I’m so sorry to hear your news, Robert - and I wish the two of you everything you need to negotiate this latest challenge. How have you found re-connecting with your art? Helpful? Not? Jury still out?

I’ve been absent from here for too long. I’ve had direct messages from some wonderful people wishing me well and hoping for some new work to be posted. It’s been a difficult time recently as my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer a few months ago. She has had surgery and is now going through radiotherapy. We are staying positive. I have been going through a no go period of creative output, trying to focus while life throws challenges at you is a difficult thing to do. Anyway folks here is finally something new. As ever I welcome your thoughts.

I wish good health and happiness to you all.....

‘Branches / Bones.’
From my ‘Invisible Soundtracks’ series of works inspired by song titles and lyrics. In the square format of the 7” single and 12” single/album artwork that was an integral part of my visual education growing up and that still influences my practice today.

View attachment 146079
Wow, powerful stuff. I particularly love the symmetry juxta-ed with the body that isn’t exactly symmetrical (if that makes any sense). Oh, and that gorgeous rose tint.

I am so sorry to hear about your wife’s cancer. I know first-hand how hard it is to watch when a loved one has to go through all of those bloody awful hospital procedures, meeting perfectly lovely people who are there to help, but who you never would have chosen to meet if things had been different and who you hope you’ll never have to see again when it’s all over. My heart goes out to you in particular. Watching and waiting. But staying positive is key and trusting in the experts. Never underestimate the vital role that you play in all of it - your love and support is as essential as all of those hospital procedures. :inlove:

Oh, I’m so very sorry to hear about your wife’s illness. Sending you both all my love as you travel this challenging path. xoxo

Please know we’re here for you, and love to hear from you whether or not you have an image to share. Although this is a mobile photography site, we are so much more than that. We are a family. So if it’s just creating a thread in the Off-Topic forum to share thoughts, a question, get support, share a laugh to help lift you up, whatever it is... know that you’re a part of this family and we care about you. :inlove:

Your image is deep, intense.... hit me in the gut with it’s wrenching pain and beauty. Stunning work, Robert. :notworthy: :inlove:

Oh, I’m so very sorry to hear about your wife’s illness. Sending you both all my love as you travel this challenging path. xoxo

Please know we’re here for you, and love to hear from you whether or not you have an image to share. Although this is a mobile photography site, we are so much more than that. We are a family. So if it’s just creating a thread in the Off-Topic forum to share thoughts, a question, get support, share a laugh to help lift you up, whatever it is... know that you’re a part of this family and we care about you. :inlove:

Your image is deep, intense.... hit me in the gut with it’s wrenching pain and beauty. Stunning work, Robert. :notworthy: :inlove:

Hear, hear :hearteyecat:

I’m so sorry to hear your news, Robert - and I wish the two of you everything you need to negotiate this latest challenge. How have you found re-connecting with your art? Helpful? Not? Jury still out?

Hi Jenny and thanks for the kind words. Creating new art has been a challenge but at the same time it has been cathartic. It is definitely a big help in dealing with the situation. Hospital visits can be long so having my iPad with me means I can strike when my muse prods he finger in my side!

Wow, powerful stuff. I particularly love the symmetry juxta-ed with the body that isn’t exactly symmetrical (if that makes any sense). Oh, and that gorgeous rose tint.

I am so sorry to hear about your wife’s cancer. I know first-hand how hard it is to watch when a loved one has to go through all of those bloody awful hospital procedures, meeting perfectly lovely people who are there to help, but who you never would have chosen to meet if things had been different and who you hope you’ll never have to see again when it’s all over. My heart goes out to you in particular. Watching and waiting. But staying positive is key and trusting in the experts. Never underestimate the vital role that you play in all of it - your love and support is as essential as all of those hospital procedures. :inlove:

Jilly, your words mean a lot, thank you so much for insight, it helps. We are staying positive and we have both started new, less stressful jobs, which is going to go a long way in how we deal with the future. I seem to be finding the struggle is giving me new ideas and perspectives on making art, so watch this space!

Catherine, as ever your response is special and touching and for that I thank you. I agree, it is more than just a mobile photography forum, which is why I always feel guilty that my posts and participation are never enough. My current situation is making me re–evaluate a lot of things and keeping connected with like minds will be having more of my focus for the future. Pleased you like the work.

Back
Top Bottom