Welcome to MobiTog - The Original Mobile Photography Community!
THE Original Global Community for Mobile Photographers - Everywhere...

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

1. Fancy something different? Bring out the creative you with Star’s (@Starzee) brand new MobiChallenge! Hai-Oto Challenge HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

“Search” on the App Store

Discussion in 'Apps Chat' started by FundyBrian, 9 April 2018.

1. FundyBrian

FundyBrian MobiStaff Site Staff MobiSupporter

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    A few times the topic of the search function on the App Store has come up - mostly because of how poor it is. You type in a specific app name and instead of appearing at the top of the list it may be half way down.
    Did you notice when you installed iOS 11.3 the new Apple privacy icon & statement?
    It says that any time an Apple feature wants to use your personal information this icon will pop up and explain why they want that info. It sounds to me that Apple is becoming more conscious of privacy issues.
    The first time it popped up for me was when I made a search on the App Store. It said something about the things that show up on a search are tailored to my interests based on the apps on my iPhone and some other stuff I can’t remember. I should have made a screen shot for reference. Anyhow, it means a simple search is not as simple as we think. That is something I would like to switch off. Although, perhaps that also protects me from getting a list full of game titles.

JillyG, lisamjw, Carol and 1 other person like this.
  2. RoseCat

RoseCat MobiStaff Site Staff MobiSupporter

Catherine
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Hmmmm...I don’t remember seeing that, but truthfully I never really read those. :rolleyes::whistle::coffee:

JillyG, lisamjw and FundyBrian like this.
  3. FundyBrian

FundyBrian MobiStaff Site Staff MobiSupporter

Brian Townsend
    Device:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    My 365:
    My MobiTog 365
    Got another pop-up today when I opened the Music app. Same routine. A chance to revisit your privacy settings. I think it only appears the first time you open each Apple app after the 11.3 update.

JillyG, lisamjw and RoseCat like this.