Smooth

MobiLurver
MobiStaff
Real Name
Matt
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
WOW, WOW, WOW, and a bit more WOW!

All the Mobitog team are absolutely delighted to announce that we have just ticked over 100,000 images uploaded to the site!

Rog (Venomator) and I started the site in 2010, as a result of a new emerging photography field - using your iPhone (and others!) to take pictures. We felt that there wasn't anywhere we could really share and develop our passion for taking slightly grainy (back then!) images.

For anyone interested, you can read lots more about Mobitog history here.

Needless to say, we are absolutely astounded at how the site and community has grown, and couldn't be more proud of it. We have both made some incredible new friends in the past 7 or so years, and seen global friendships, fun and passions grow.

We've sadly had to say a sad goodbye to some very lovely members who have sadly passed away too, and it's important to remember their contributions and friendship.

We're now at over four thousand members, from all corners of the globe, and a fantastic, and ever expanding core group of regulars who have kindly made Mobitog their community home.

A HUGE thank you must go out to all the Mobitog staff and Veterans for all their hard work in keeping the community going at a heck of a pace. Without you, the site simply wouldn't work. :hearteyes:

A request...

Please forgive us this small plea...

When Rog and I first started the site, we ran on a shared server, and very humble resources, all paid for from our own pocket. It fairly quickly became apparent that as our truly global following grew, we had to give the site more power at its warp core, and move to a more professional setting/hosting/software. We're incredibly happy that so many people are loving the site, and are sharing so many images, but this does come at a cost! We've currently got a whopping 62GB of images on the site :grin:, which in website terms, is fairly major. As a result, our hosting package needs to keep up, and in terms of monthly costs, we're far away from when we first started :eek::astonished:

Many of you have very kindly made donations to keep the site going, and we are so hugely appreciative of that. Every penny, cent, ingot, gold coin you donate to us, goes directly toward paying for our hosting and software licenses. Rog and I don't take a penny from the site, and indeed sometimes have to top up the reserves ourselves.

If you are enjoying Mobitog, and would like to donate there is always a link on the homepage or you can click here. Please note too, that there is absolutely no expectation or pressure for you to donate. We will strive to keep mobitog free for all its members, always. We're reaching a point of tricky financial decisions - the site is ever expanding, and we need to keep a close eye on things, so we might occasionally have to bring in more adverts and other ideas to keep the lights on and the doors open :blush:.

Image number 100,000!

E50EBFDD-FA77-4484-AC7C-2E40F0C8E852.jpeg

Image number 100,000, as posted above, was from juryjone's 365:

May 25

Retro Future

messing around with ArtistaImpresso, iColorama

It’s always interesting to me to see architects of the past posit architecture of the future.

View attachment 109838

Congratulations to the whole community, from Rog and Me. Thank you for making such a humble idea into something utterly wonderful today.

WE LOVE YOU MOBITOGGERS! :inlove::inlove::inlove:

Last edited:
WOW!!!! 100,000 images!!! What a milestone. :notworthy: :inlove: I’m honored and so happy to call this place my mobile photography home... it’s so much more than a place to share my images - I too have been blessed that I’ve made some dear friends here, and have had many IRL meetings. Thank you, Rog and Matt, for creating this space for us. :inlove:

And what a great 100,000-nth image!!! (So happy it was Jerry’s and not one of the photos of my new shoes.... :barf: :lol: )

Echo what everyone has said so far.......i’m a relatively new member but have been amazed at the Kindness and friendship offered. Here’s to the next milestone. When my new photography 365 book comes out early next year,i’ll donate proceeds to the admin of this great site again.

Well, I had no idea we were close to a milestone! I’m honored to post the 100,000th image. Now, if you’ll pardon me, I’m going to look for the picture of RoseCat ’s shoes!
:lmao: Well done Jerry. It’s absolutely fitting that it should be one of your wonderful images as the 100,000th image.

Congrats Matt’n’Rog — you’ve kept the faith of your original vision, and MobiTog has survived and thrived, while other glossier versions have come and gone. Truly inspiring. I’m with RoseCat on the ‘photography home’ thing :inlove:

And congrats to you juryjone for the happy accident (for which we are all grateful) of pipping @rosecat’s shoes to the post :lmao:

WOW!!!! 100,000 images!!! What a milestone. :notworthy: :inlove: I’m honored and so happy to call this place my mobile photography home... it’s so much more than a place to share my images - I too have been blessed that I’ve made some dear friends here, and have had many IRL meetings. Thank you, Rog and Matt, for creating this space for us. :inlove:

And what a great 100,000-nth image!!! (So happy it was Jerry’s and not one of the photos of my new shoes.... :barf: :lol: )
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

All of the above! It’s great to have a place where we can talk about a hobby that is quite competitive out there (even among my friends! No secret sharing! :lol:), learn new things and get/give personalised feedback. My life is quite busy and sometimes I must confess that I post a photo “because I have to”, but it’s been a very fun and rewarding challenge. Even in the most uninspired days (of course not always!) I get one or two comments that make me very happy :) so, RoseCat , I totally sympathise with your comment! It would probably be a very random photo if it had been one of mine, and congrats to juryjone and a big thumbs up to all of you who somehow keep this community going. I’m loving it! :inlove:

WOW, WOW, WOW, and a bit more WOW!

All the Mobitog team are absolutely delighted to announce that we have just ticked over 100,000 images uploaded to the site!

Rog (Venomator) and I started the site in 2010, as a result of a new emerging photography field - using your iPhone (and others!) to take pictures. We felt that there wasn't anywhere we could really share and develop our passion for taking slightly grainy (back then!) images.

For anyone interested, you can read lots more about Mobitog history here.

Needless to say, we are absolutely astounded at how the site and community has grown, and couldn't be more proud of it. We have both made some incredible new friends in the past 7 or so years, and seen global friendships, fun and passions grow.

We've sadly had to say a sad goodbye to some very lovely members who have sadly passed away too, and it's important to remember their contributions and friendship.

We're now at over four thousand members, from all corners of the globe, and a fantastic, and ever expanding core group of regulars who have kindly made Mobitog their community home.

A HUGE thank you must go out to all the Mobitog staff and Veterans for all their hard work in keeping the community going at a heck of a pace. Without you, the site simply wouldn't work. :hearteyes:

A request...

Please forgive us this small plea...

When Rog and I first started the site, we ran on a shared server, and very humble resources, all paid for from our own pocket. It fairly quickly became apparent that as our truly global following grew, we had to give the site more power at its warp core, and move to a more professional setting/hosting/software. We're incredibly happy that so many people are loving the site, and are sharing so many images, but this does come at a cost! We've currently got a whopping 62GB of images on the site :grin:, which in website terms, is fairly major. As a result, our hosting package needs to keep up, and in terms of monthly costs, we're far away from when we first started :eek::astonished:

Many of you have very kindly made donations to keep the site going, and we are so hugely appreciative of that. Every penny, cent, ingot, gold coin you donate to us, goes directly toward paying for our hosting and software licenses. Rog and I don't take a penny from the site, and indeed sometimes have to top up the reserves ourselves.

If you are enjoying Mobitog, and would like to donate there is always a link on the homepage or you can click here. Please note too, that there is absolutely no expectation or pressure for you to donate. We will strive to keep mobitog free for all its members, always. We're reaching a point of tricky financial decisions - the site is ever expanding, and we need to keep a close eye on things, so we might occasionally have to bring in more adverts and other ideas to keep the lights on and the doors open :blush:.

Image number 100,000!

View attachment 109861

Image number 100,000, as posted above, was from juryjone's 365:

Congratulations to the whole community, from Rog and Me. Thank you for making such a humble idea into something utterly wonderful today.

WE LOVE YOU MOBITOGGERS! :inlove::inlove::inlove:
Woohoo!!! This is awesome :):thumbs:

Very impressive, indeed! Well done!
I applaud the vision, incentive and forethought or our founding dynamic duo.
My home away from home. Also, the reason I’m doing a lot of things I wouldn’t otherwise be doing photography-wise. Such as today I’m heading out to present part two of an iPhone photography workshop.
The MobiTog family comprises a great bunch of people.
100,000 photos. I’m also wondering... is it necessary to keep all that material live? Of course, choosing what to keep live and what to archive then becomes a big job. Just trying to think how to reduce the total server load.
Individually we each have our own photo overhead to manage and have found it quite a chore. There are back-ups and extra back-ups. At least 10 hard drives full. Then there’s keeping a set of back-ups off-site.
MobiTog contains reduced size images while we all have our full-size images at home. And then many people buy cloud storage to back up their photos. It’s an issue of exponential proportions. The old Mobi app capped max image size at 1536 pixels, but the browser method does not. That’s one thing to look at.
I imagine the second 100,000 will come faster. And so on.

Back
Top Bottom