Winner of Appstract Challenge #24

Rules:
1. Interpret the theme
2. Use apps
3. Tell us something about your image/edit

please see MobiTog challenge rules
here

Judge: deepop David
What sort of creations shall we, er, create?
NO THEME

Please note zenjenny Jen is on ”leave of absence” for a month

because nobody wants to be near me in the countdown to my exams —
and no one is sure what sort of state I will be in after them.
Our lovely Starzee Star has kindly agreed to cover for me
— including but not limited to looking after APPstract (don’t forget to read the fine print, Star :) )​

Last edited:
I submitted this picture at the bottom of the old challenge but I think that one is closed. Just let me know if it’s OK to post the same picture again here . The original pictures were edited in Snapseed, and today I used FotoDa to mix it up. Because I can’t leave things alone, I’ve now used iColorama. The shot in the other thread that closed doesn’t have that extra. I’m conservative with my slider use... I can barely see the difference. View attachment 151629
Nice one. As far as "can barely see the difference" goes, that happens to me all the time. I end up with a dozen minor variations and go nuts trying just to tell them apart, never mind pick one as the best.

I'm about to start judging the previous challenge, after which we'll have a new winner who'll be the judge for this round here. The judge also will pick the theme for this round, so hang on to your images until that gets settled. (Sometimes the judge may choose "no theme" as the theme, in which case anything goes.)

Nice one. As far as "can barely see the difference" goes, that happens to me all the time. I end up with a dozen minor variations and go nuts trying just to tell them apart, never mind pick one as the best.

I'm about to start judging the previous challenge, after which we'll have a new winner who'll be the judge for this round here. The judge also will pick the theme for this round, so hang on to your images until that gets settled. (Sometimes the judge may choose "no theme" as the theme, in which case anything goes.)
It was judged after all :) I’m going to switch it out today after I take some shots on our wintry beach

OK, I'll get this round started:

2AB75837-2953-4E44-A8EA-924CA35591C3.jpeg

Let me stand next to your fire

It's a FotoDa mix that then passed through iColorama. The elements in the FotoDa mix were previously worked-over pieces, including a Slow Shutter Cam vertical pan of a forest amped up in iColorama (that's where the fire came from), a Slow Shutter Cam horizontal pan of people walking also pushed through iColorama (that's where the dark figure came from), a photo of a tarnished sheet of copper which gave some of the texture, and at least one other piece I can't identify.

View attachment 151674

It's a FotoDa mix that then passed through iColorama. The elements in the FotoDa mix were previously worked-over pieces, including a Slow Shutter Cam vertical pan of a forest amped up in iColorama (that's where the fire came from), a Slow Shutter Cam horizontal pan of people walking also pushed through iColorama (that's where the dark figure came from), a photo of a tarnished sheet of copper which gave some of the texture, and at least one other piece I can't identify.
WOW. This is fantastic. :hearteyes:

I took 4 photos today (Well... several but I worked on 4 for this mash up) on a cold beach and it’s nearby playground.

The “hands” photo was ordinary until I put one photo through iColorama. Then I took it and three others into FotoDa. Near the top left is a tiny person on a big beach (a minimal shot).

Much fun.
E1F7D1B4-A8F8-47D0-BC35-221838C593C1.jpeg

View attachment 151674

This is remarkable. I have a lot to learn ... mine still look like recognizable components :)

This is remarkable. I have a lot to learn ... mine still look like recognizable components :)
Thank you. :) I wish I could claim more credit for it. It's one of the nicest things FotoDa has mixed up for me. You can see the sources of two of the parts here and here. They were already heavily worked over before FotoDa got to them, but once you've seen them, it's easy to recognize them in the image above.

I took 4 photos today (Well... several but I worked on 4 for this mash up) on a cold beach and it’s nearby playground.

The “hands” photo was ordinary until I put one photo through iColorama. Then I took it and three others into FotoDa. Near the top left is a tiny person on a big beach (a minimal shot).

Much fun. View attachment 151678
Fab.

Excellent. Love it!

Very nice indeed.

Back
Top Bottom