APPstract RESULT: 2 Weekly APPstract #25 11/9-11/23-ish No Theme

Recombining, relayering.
I’m not sure, I know I started with an image from Bluristic, I know I ended up in Procreate. In between, Mextures, Impresso Pro, iColorama, DistressedFx Plus. Also, I snuck an Inkwork effect in there. I finally got a lazy afternoon to app something to death!
2290B494-B71C-4E96-8FA2-E22A6937524C.jpeg

Last edited:
Teeter totter.

I mixed three photos for this. One was simplified and lighted up in iColorama Style, all of them were edited with Snapseed.

Then FotoDa did some (hopefully) magic. I’m thrilled with this. I feel artistic. View attachment 151930
Lovely Carmel. It has a fantasy feel about it. The muted colour palette is super.

Teeter totter.

I mixed three photos for this. One was simplified and lighted up in iColorama Style, all of them were edited with Snapseed.

Then FotoDa did some (hopefully) magic. I’m thrilled with this. I feel artistic. View attachment 151930
I love this. You seem to have tamed FotoDa. Everytime I venture in, I lose 2 hours and gain about 50 blended images that I have no idea what I’m going to use for.

The underworld has been mentioned in regard to several of my collage type images. I do seem to gravitate to the warm colors. I wonder if I need a therapist........:confused:
“Here kid, take these red crayons and these yellow ones. No. The blue is for me” did you have a big sister? I did. But mine must have kept the red crayons lol

Oooh, love it. So what did it go through, if not FotoDa?
Well... I have this shower curtain, see, and it’s the giant face of Mona Lisa. I know, but I didn’t pick it out. So I snapped a picture of it with it half open. So some of her face was folded. It felt a bit like snapping the Queen while she’s chewing a big mouthful. Then I went into iColorama and did a bit of simplifying and warping. Yes. I warped the Mona Lisa. And I used tonecurves to add a more mysterious tone. Because that smile isn’t mysterious enough.

Well... I have this shower curtain, see, and it’s the giant face of Mona Lisa. I know, but I didn’t pick it out. So I snapped a picture of it with it half open. So some of her face was folded. It felt a bit like snapping the Queen while she’s chewing a big mouthful. Then I went into iColorama and did a bit of simplifying and warping. Yes. I warped the Mona Lisa. And I used tonecurves to add a more mysterious tone. Because that smile isn’t mysterious enough.
Here’s a teaser shot of just her forehead, as she hangs from the rod.
7E4CF74E-89CD-4E83-ACC1-4F934D48BCFC.jpeg

I’ve been on a mission to create an abstract that doesn’t go through FotoDa. I present:

Untitled

View attachment 151983
Here’s a teaser shot of just her forehead, as she hangs from the rod. View attachment 151984
I thought that face looked vaguely familiar.... :sneaky: :lol:

The underworld has been mentioned in regard to several of my collage type images.
I wonder if I need a therapist........:confused:

I’m here for you, Star :thumbs: Or will be soon as I get my exam results, pay my insurance, submit several extremely long applications, dance the fandango and get released from the loonie bin o_O

And the winner is...
Nagaisgich for “teeter totter”. I love the muted palette of pale lilacs/aquas/blues, the contrasts (linear band above, serrated edge below, horizontal vs vertical lines). I see a pale moon rising over the casbah situated on a shore with gently
lapping waves.
BDB78FE8-E933-4BD1-8A0D-DD227B1460D7.jpeg

Second place belongs to ImageArt and her “take me back to rolling hills of wheat”. Makes me think of a close-up of a technicolor zebra.

In third is FundyBrian and “High Five.” It’s full of energy and vibrancy. It catches my eye every time I scroll past.

Back
Top Bottom