• > STAY HOME & STAY SAFE! Dear MobiMembers - We are all aware of the current and serious situation the World is facing right now! We will not repeat what is already said, save to say we hope you will all heed the warnings, stay safe, look after yourselves and others and remain well. As much as we are able, let's all help each other to stay sane in our social distancing/isolation and face this thing down. Much love 'n hugs, Rog, Matt and all your MobiStaff... x x <

2016 iPhone Photography Award winners

terse

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
The selections for the 2016 iPhone Photography Awards have been posted here: http://www.ippawards.com

It's a wonderful collection of work, worth browsing through for anyone. Entries for the 2017 awards are now open.

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
The selections for the 2016 iPhone Photography Awards have been posted here: http://www.ippawards.com

It's a wonderful collection of work, worth browsing through for anyone. Entries for the 2017 awards are now open.
Some great images there and also some "Meh" images as Jen would say. We've got some images on here that I think are better, but that's just my opinion. I'm surprised by how many winners are from the Far East and USA.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Some great images there and also some "Meh" images as Jen would say. We've got some images on here that I think are better, but that's just my opinion. I'm surprised by how many winners are from the Far East and USA.
Yes, I agree... but then that's usually my issue with most contests. :confused: :zip:

terse

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
For anyone thinking of entering the 2017 competition, I found this statment in the FAQ:

"Photos should not be published previously anywhere."

No problem interpreting that in the print-only days, but these days? So I sent a note asking if "publishing" included online postings (to Flickr, for example). I got a quick reply "Not if it is on your personal account," which still leaves a number of questions. Does posting a photo in a MobiTog challenge constitute publishing in their eyes? Posting on Instagram using particular group tags? Having a photo I posted on Flickr picked up by The App Whisperer or Mobiography for their online weekly showcases?

I would not want to be the person having to settle these questions.

Last edited:

terse

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
Some great images there and also some "Meh" images as Jen would say.
Yes, like RoseCat I usually see that in the results of any competition. But then I've had the same reaction here now and then in regard to my own photos being mentioned in various challenges. "What?!? Not that one! If you're going to pick one of mine it should be this other one.":lmao:

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
For anyone thinking of entering the 2017 competition, I found this statment in the FAQ:

"Photos should not be published previously anywhere."

No problem interpreting that in the print-only days, but these days? So I sent a note asking if "publishing" included online postings (to Flickr, for example). I got a quick reply "Not if it is on your personal account," which still leaves a number of questions. Does posting a photo in a MobiTog challenge constitute publishing in there eyes? Posting on Instagram using particular group tags? Having a photo I posted on Flickr picked up by The App Whisperer or Mobiography for their online weekly showcases?

I would not want to be the person having to settle these questions.
That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. :mad:

sinnerjohn

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
Some stunning images included, amazing what can be done on a mobile device. As far as the competition is concerned I'm always suspicious about the content/people that pay to enter/ popularity etc. I assume Apple sponsor this?