• > Dear MobiMembers - We are all aware of the current and serious situation the World is facing right now! We will not repeat what is already said, save to say we hope you will all heed the warnings, stay safe, look after yourselves and others and remain well. As much as we are able, let's all help each other to stay sane in our social distancing/isolation and face this thing down. Much love 'n hugs, Rog, Matt and your MobiStaff... x x <

2017 iPhone Photography Awards open for entries - Deadline March 31, 2017

terse

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
http://www.ippawards.com/ (Yes, it's iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch only, sorry.)

Deadline is March 31. Entry fee is $3.50 for 1, $7.50 for 3, and so on. Photos "must be in the original size or not smaller than 1000 pixels in either height or width."

Categories:

The America I Know* (New)
Abstract,
Animals,
Architecture,
Children,
Floral,
Landscape,
Lifestyle,
Nature,
News and Events,
Panorama,
People,
Portrait,
Series (3 images),
Still Life,
Sunset,
Travel,
Trees,
Other.

All the info you could ever want is available on the IPPA site. 2016 winners are here:

http://www.ippawards.com/2016-photographers-of-the-year/

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
You should definitely enter your plastic bag/face collage (only give it a more romantic name than that :lol:). Definitely. Go to it. Look at a category and stick it in. Have you done it yet?
Yes, definitely.
You think, really? :confused: Maybe in the "Abstract" category? I'm horrible at choosing images to submit... therefore I usually just don't. :rolleyes: :feet:

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
You think, really? :confused: Maybe in the "Abstract" category? I'm horrible at choosing images to submit... therefore I usually just don't. :rolleyes: :feet:
DO! No I don't think Abstract. I think Portrait. Abstract has buildings and angles and stuff. I'm going to go back and have a look at the categories. But definitely definitely do it. Definitely. And put the plastic bag face image in. You know I'm always right. Look what happened last time I suggested an image and you put it in!:mobibabe: What do you have to lose? Do it for me.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
DO! No I don't think Abstract. I think Portrait. Abstract has buildings and angles and stuff. I'm going to go back and have a look at the categories. But definitely definitely do it. Definitely. And put the plastic bag face image in. You know I'm always right. Look what happened last time I suggested an image and you put it in!:mobibabe: What do you have to lose? Do it for me.
Ooooo-kay. [emoji849][emoji173] For you. And you have a point... you did pick the last one. [emoji144]‍♀

If I do one I might as well do the 3... sooooo....Cat's-New-Photography-Manager-Who-She-So-Desperately-Needs-And-Appreciates, let me know your thoughts on two more... :whistle: :sneaky:

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
And you, Jilly? You're going to enter...???:whistle:
Yep. She'd better.
[emoji173]
Pah! What would I enter? There's nothing in my camera roll that is anywhere near as good as the images you'll enter. No, I'm here to bully encourage the reticent :D.

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I went back to look at the categories. I think it should go in Portrait. They do say, in the FAQs, that if no category is chosen, they'll decide where it goes.

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Ooooo-kay. [emoji849][emoji173] For you. And you have a point... you did pick the last one. [emoji144]‍♀

If I do one I might as well do the 3... sooooo....Cat's-New-Photography-Manager-Who-She-So-Desperately-Needs-And-Appreciates, let me know your thoughts on two more... :whistle: :sneaky:
:D I am going to go and have a look. Back soon.

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365

Okay, definitely at least one from Closed for the Season. My faves are one of the carousel horses images and the wheel. I'm off again.

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365

Your favourite from Flotsam and Jetsam. I like the dejected fisherman.

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365

Something from Farm Shed Mysteries? The abandoned boots or the bath?

Starzee

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
There's nothing on the site about the definition of "published", so I've sent an email asking the question about appearing on Mobitog.

Here's a link to other FAQs: http://www.ippawards.com/faqs/
I was wondering about that"published" thing, too. Will waiting to hear.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Pah! What would I enter? There's nothing in my camera roll that is anywhere near as good as the images you'll enter. No, I'm here to bully encourage the reticent :D.
PAH indeed. Your latest charcoal one in the b/w challenge could easily compete with the best Jilly. You KNOW it makes sense :rolleyes:
Yes!! I love the charcoal one.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
You've got loads of beautiful entries in the B&W and MobiColor threads, your 365, your amazing collages. [emoji7] Nope. If we have to enter, so do you. [emoji173]