• > STAY SAFE - WEAR A MASK - or whatever way you choose to deal with this thing! MobiMembers - The situation is still currently serious, & increasing yet again! Heed the warnings, stay safe, look after yourselves and others. Let's help each other stay sane in our distancing/isolation and face this thing down. Love 'n hugs, Rog, Matt & all our MobiStaff... x x <

2017 iPhone Photography Awards open for entries - Deadline March 31, 2017

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I've just been looking through the MCC Gallery and I am awestruck at the amazing images there. FundyBrian Brian's fabulous canoe at sunset shot should go in. deepop David has oodles of potentials - his abstracts have won consistently. Oh I could go on. I don't know why I'm so passionate about you all putting in an image - I'm not on commission I assure you. :lol: I think I just want to bring all of your fabulous images to a wider audience and I want people to know what a talented bunch of photographers you all are.

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I had this reply from IPPAwards. I've replied asking for more clarification, because I don't think it clarifies things.

"Images that are not published any where except the photographer's personal site, Instagram, Facebook accounts.

IPPAWARDS - iPhone Photography Awards
Celebrating the creativity of the iPhone users since 2007
www.ippawards.com"

sinnerjohn

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
I had this reply from IPPAwards. I've replied asking for more clarification, because I don't think it clarifies things.

"Images that are not published any where except the photographer's personal site, Instagram, Facebook accounts.

IPPAWARDS - iPhone Photography Awards
Celebrating the creativity of the iPhone users since 2007
www.ippawards.com"
If it says IG and FB are ok then MobiTog must be. I think it only means published for profit.

deepop

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
David
Device
iPhone Xs
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I also wrote to them and I received this response, "Photos that are published in other contests are not eligible. If they are part of users’ personal pages or albums they are ok." Meaning Mobitog postings are OK.

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I also wrote to them and I received this response, "Photos that are published in other contests are not eligible. If they are part of users’ personal pages or albums they are ok." Meaning Mobitog postings are OK.
Yes, I got that too. Great. So off we go then. :D When I went through the galleries I found lots of your fabulous images David. Surely you could put at least one in.:sneaky::D

deepop

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
David
Device
iPhone Xs
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Yes, I got that too. Great. So off we go then. :D When I went through the galleries I found lots of your fabulous images David. Surely you could put at least one in.:sneaky::D
Working on it, but I have to admit it's a little daunting trying to measure up to last year's winners (even oour own Catherine Restivo.)

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I think we Mobitogers should swamp the IPPAWARDS. Look what happened the last time. Loads of us had awards/mentions. I'm sorry they don't have BW because the stuff that goes up in our BW challenge is just stunning.
But can enter them in their suitable categories. I know I've seen b/es on the winners list.

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I've just been looking through the MCC Gallery and I am awestruck at the amazing images there. FundyBrian Brian's fabulous canoe at sunset shot should go in. deepop David has oodles of potentials - his abstracts have won consistently. Oh I could go on. I don't know why I'm so passionate about you all putting in an image - I'm not on commission I assure you. :lol: I think I just want to bring all of your fabulous images to a wider audience and I want people to know what a talented bunch of photographers you all are.
Maybe we should enter as Mobitog instead of indiviuals. [emoji4]

Hey, Jilly, any guess what I should post? Do you think the pomelo is a good idea? Would love to give them one of the museum pictures. But I suppose I'd have to get permission of the museums to post them for official things. [emoji53]

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Aww, don't know. Lately when it comes to the paying part, means if somebody wins something, they will complain it's part of a challenge and will reject it. Even if it's afterwards, as long as they don't have to pay. Or they sue you. At least it's an American challenge and (sorry to say) they are quick with lawyers … [emoji15][emoji33]

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
There is also the Mobile Photography Awards contest http://mobilephotoawards.com/ but I think that doesn't come up until near the end of the year.
[emoji15] another chance!
To be honest I'd be proud like a like a peacock just be mentioned somewhere. But I don't think I have strong enough images. [emoji53]

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
To be honest I'd be proud like a like a peacock just be mentioned somewhere. But I don't think I have strong enough images. [emoji53]
I think your images are definitely strong enough... Maybe browse through past years' categories to get a feel for what other people have submitted. Then look through your images and find some that YOU really love. I think 3 submissions is only US$3.50? or is it $7.50? either way not too much money to fork out - the cost of a decent latte.

Go for it, Gouvy!! I'm quite sure you have at least 3 wonderful images. You'll never know till you try, right? [emoji173][emoji173][emoji173]

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I think your images are definitely strong enough... Maybe browse through past years' categories to get a feel for what other people have submitted. Then look through your images and find some that YOU really love. I think 3 submissions is only US$3.50? or is it $7.50? either way not too much money to fork out - the cost of a decent latte.

Go for it, Gouvy!! I'm quite sure you have at least 3 wonderful images. You'll never know till you try, right? [emoji173][emoji173][emoji173]
Yes, you are right. That used to be my quote. Thanks for reminding me to this. [emoji8] and for encouragement. Nevertheless I'd need some help. But I'll bear with it. [emoji199][emoji4]

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Yes, you are right. That used to be my quote. Thanks for reminding me to this. [emoji8] and for encouragement. Nevertheless I'd need some help. But I'll bear with it. [emoji199][emoji4]
Why don't you put your choices in a Diptic grid and post them here for feedback?

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I wish they had a video category. I took so much video these last holidays that I missed out on some great shots but I love the video that I got. It's a real trade off. I have tried to take some stills from the video and they are not bad but wonder if the resolution is really good enough even with Big Photo.

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I think you have lots of images that you could enter. I was trying to find some of your images by going back in time Mobi-wise, but I couldn'y find much at all apart from the MCC winners and Dolly et al. But the museum photo with the noseless statues and the girl drawing is definitely one of my faves. But really all you can do is choose your favourites - it's no good trying to second guess what the judges want. So choose your faves and go for it.:thumbs: