• > STAY SAFE - WEAR A MASK - or whatever way you choose to deal with this thing! MobiMembers - The situation is still currently serious, & increasing yet again! Heed the warnings, stay safe, look after yourselves and others. Let's help each other stay sane in our distancing/isolation and face this thing down. Love 'n hugs, Rog, Matt & all our MobiStaff... x x <

MobiMeet 2017 - London Waterloo Station Main Concourse under Big Clock - Saturday June 17, 12:00noon

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I agree...a countryside gathering would be lovely.
[emoji850] errm, nope, can't. have to say: told you so. Greenwich would have been nice for it. Just sitting by the Meridian in the grass and share our stories. [emoji1] Nevertheless our meeting was fantastic. Maybe we can plan for two days in advance for next time. When on the way home there were so many different things coming to my mind what I didn't to ask or share. Worst was: Dolly and friends were with us all time and no one saw them! [emoji30] (still waiting for a piccy [emoji8])

Regarding Greenwich:
Did it today and found the first downside:
• I forgot the last part of the way up is steep, but there is also a lighter way up, approx 3 times longer walk than the six minutes steep one, but you're not out of breath. [emoji1] will try that next time.
I really chilled out just with a great view for approx two hours, just sitting in the shade in the gras, drinking water and eating cherries. Checked mobi a little, but the pictures took ages to load so I gave up quickly. Did some more pictures and after that I thought I should do a meridian picture, which disclosed another downside:
• to visit the prime meridian costs 9.50£, because you have to pay for the museum part and little garden (which was filled with lavender, a little field of purple with busy buzzy bees [emoji177][emoji177]) it might be okay when you are interested in how the meridian was discovered, and "toys" for navigation, including "free" audio guide (I think free sounds great, but maybe it's just 80% of ticket price you can't refuse to pay, if you get one or not [emoji16]), but they should do a 3£ ticket, for just the Meridian. [emoji4]
I didn't bother and payed, but a) I didn't realise that 4pm was late and b) they were closing at 5pm. And they didn't offer a half price ticket nor did they say "you have just one hour". That was sad. In the end I'd say it was an expensive ticket, but I have had fun with a pigeon, on the meridian prime (or vice versa) and I really enjoyed the view.
Plus: there was a little festival at the Cutty Sark, mainly food.
Another plus: there is a combo ticket for the observatory I think, both are 15£, and a café with quite fair prices.
And one more: you don't have to pay for entrance to get to the café.
And now I have to admit, I just put up another encyclopaedia, just to say: a copious picnic, maybe or not including museum, but for sure a coffee/tea later would be an alternative to consider. Though I did indeed like the distractions. [emoji1]

Don't kill me for saying that or posting the two pictures:
The pano of the view from the top:

IMG_8389.JPG

And one from the Cutty Sark (though I liked her better when she was on water. But it's amazing what they've done)

IMG_8970.JPG

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Worst was: Dolly and friends were with us all time and no one saw them!
(still waiting for a piccy
)
:eek::eek::eek:

I admit I am a horrible travel guide. I keep forgetting to take them with me!! :barf: I had absolutely planned to bring them yesterday and completely forgot. :feet: Partly because I don't carry a big bag. I will do my very best to get them out and take a photo of them before I leave..... :confused: :rolleyes: :zip:

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Maybe we can plan for two days in advance for next time. When on the way home there were so many different things coming to my mind what I didn't to ask or share.
A two-day plan is a great idea... we definitely could have used more time together. :inlove: Next time a weekend Meetup, and maybe everyone could stay at the same hotel...that would be fun!

I really chilled out just with a great view for approx two hours, just sitting in the shade in the gras, drinking water and eating cherries
Sounds like you had a lovely day! I can just picture (and smell! :inlove: ) the buzzy bee lavender garden.... how fab.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
These are great!!! I didn't even realize you were taking these! :sneaky: I love that you can see Jilly shooting video at the same time... sort of like the mirror inside the mirror type image.

I love these!!! They throw me right back to the moments! :inlove: Especially love the photo of MsDee - beautiful! And the last one of ImageArt Ann behind the Pimm's is fab!!

You really caught some wonderful moments Gouvy. Just love all these images. :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

Last edited:

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
These are great!!! I didn't even realize you were taking these! :sneaky: I love that you can see Jilly shooting video at the same time... sort of like the mirror inside the mirror type image.

I love these!!! They throw me right back to the moments! :inlove: Especially love the photo of MsDee - beautiful! And the last one of ImageArt Ann behind the Pimm's is fab!!

You really caught some wonderful moments Gouvy. Just love all these images. :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:
Thank you, Cat, always pleased to make you happy. [emoji175]

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Yes!! Yesterday in Briston!! It was moving g so couldn't snap a photo.
I just sold my 1970 Mini Cooper S and I'm suffering from separation anxiety. But imagine the extra space in my workshop with all those old Mini parts gone, and from my shed, too.