• > STAY HOME & STAY SAFE! Dear MobiMembers - We are all aware of the current and serious situation the World is facing right now! We will not repeat what is already said, save to say we hope you will all heed the warnings, stay safe, look after yourselves and others and remain well. As much as we are able, let's all help each other to stay sane in our social distancing/isolation and face this thing down. Much love 'n hugs, Rog, Matt and all your MobiStaff... x x <

2019 Mobile Photography Awards results

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365
did anyone else enter ?

Also, what you said about ‘polish’ below? How would you rate your egrets? Seriously. Of course I think they should have won at least two categories, and I think they’re *polished*. But are you saying there’s a whole ‘nother layer of polish that your images/most images don't reach?
Nah, not prepared to pay that sort of money. It rather feels like wasting money on gambling!

I thought the abstract categories a bit more varied this time. Fewer deformed females.

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Seriously, I'm pleased with them, but I don't think they quite measure up to what you need in a competition. They're a little soft, a little noisy, don't have the best background. Most of the ones I like best were shot in a rush, when the egret(s) suddently decided to take flight, and I had to put in some work in editing to clean them up. They look good at a normal viewing distance, but I think if you look at them closely and critically (as a judge who's looking at dozens of superb photos has to do), they lack the final touch of magic.

(I think some of them look better when printed on a textured art paper than they do on a screen.)
Have to say I marvel at how sharp most of them are. I can only think they are using a tripod.

terse

IOTM Winner - May 2020
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
Have to say I marvel at how sharp most of them are. I can only think they are using a tripod.
I imagine so. Especially for the best ones, I think a lot of care went into the preparation before tripping the shutter -- right time of day, right position, right exposure, all those things.

zenjenny

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
I’m not sure all of them represent the text that goes with them completely, but I do find them fascinating and thought provoking.
same — in fact I thought I had mistakenly read the text/description above the image when the description was actually below (or vice versa). Either way, changing which description I attached to which image did not help.

also same re fascinating & thought-provoking. Mainly I was curious what had MPA breaking its own mould to that extent. (Change of sponsors, maybe? Someone new on the Exec Board ?)

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Love this....
I love ‘gritty’ photography like this. Something we can all do. However not always simple. The photographer has chosen excellent shots. It‘s not always easy to get a good photo of people just going about their work. I’ve tried to take casual shots of people at events and getting a natural good composition is hard.

lkbside

MobiLurver
Reaction score
Real Name
Leslie
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
I love ‘gritty’ photography like this. Something we can all do. However not always simple. The photographer has chosen excellent shots. It‘s not always easy to get a good photo of people just going about their work. I’ve tried to take casual shots of people at events and getting a natural good composition is hard.
I googled him to see where he is posting or if he has a web site, but the only thing that came up was these awards and a Medium article no longer available.