sinnerjohn

IOTM WInner - April 2022
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
Onsite
Project Page
RoseCat's words - sinnerjohn John created this idea in 2019, and even though we all find ourselves in a New Paradigm Shift, with vastly different new year traditions, I figured why should that stop us from commemorating it?

Simple Guidelines
Please post only your first iMage of 2022, whatever it is, wherever you took it, processing is allowed.

If you’d like, feel free to add a bit of background text or story and maybe the time the image was made.

Soon as the clock strikes midnight on 01st January 2022 grab your mobile device and shoot (for those of us who may very likely be asleep at midnight :sleep:, post the first image you made in 2022).

RoseCat's words - sinnerjohn John created this idea in 2019, and even though we all find ourselves in a New Paradigm Shift, with vastly different new year traditions, I figured why should that stop us from commemorating it?

Simple Guidelines
Please post only your first iMage of 2022, whatever it is, wherever you took it, processing is allowed.

If you’d like, feel free to add a bit of background text or story and maybe the time the image was made.

Soon as the clock strikes midnight on 01st January 2022 grab your mobile device and shoot (for those of us who may very likely be asleep at midnight :sleep:, post the first image you made in 2022).
The Aussies are going to be into January 2nd by the time I'm awake enough to snap a picture :lmao:

Outside our kitchen door after having watched (and heard) Noisy Neighbours’ fireworks. It’s snowing quite heavily even if you can’t see it in the photo. Linus is in party mood. Me not - have been sleeping most of the evening :confused: Happy new year everyone

Quick edit in Snapseed but I include the blue original too

7087EED7-3375-48E5-B677-9B8491C2C68F.jpeg

blue original

BE2D6AC8-C240-4D2F-AA9F-17A074DA818C.jpeg

fireworks - and here you can see the snow and hear Linus happy comments

Last edited:
Outside our kitchen door after having watched (and heard) Noisy Neighbours’ fireworks. It’s snowing quite heavily even if you can’t see it in the photo. Linus is in party mood. Me not - have been sleeping most of the evening :confused: Happy new year everyone

View attachment 174711

blue original

View attachment 174712

Happy New Year, Eva!! I‘ve got 5 hrs to go…..and, I’ll be asleep unless nature calls.

We were not asleep because we were watching Witcher :lol: finished the 2nd season and then watched Death to 2021. But Joana was fast asleep from 8pm and I only took a photo when we left to go to the beach. Cloudy, windy, but still warm enough for us (me and Joana - Mark is the fussiest person I know and usually dislikes going to the beach; he tolerates it now because of us) to enjoy and go for a swim!

Happy new year! I have zero expectations after the past crappy 2 years so I’ll be more than happy and feeling I’ve reached the top of the world if 2022 ends with no major disasters or anything of the kind :lol: I’ll be very easy to please during the next 12 months, that is sure.

Vinci
8B6ABAE3-DBD3-4D10-A97F-144F41A5B2DC.jpeg

View attachment 174711

blue original

View attachment 174712

Happy New Year Eva. :kissingheart:

We were not asleep because we were watching Witcher :lol: finished the 2nd season and then watched Death to 2021. But Joana was fast asleep from 8pm and I only took a photo when we left to go to the beach. Cloudy, windy, but still warm enough for us (me and Joana - Mark is the fussiest person I know and usually dislikes going to the beach; he tolerates it now because of us) to enjoy and go for a swim!

Happy new year! I have zero expectations after the past crappy 2 years so I’ll be more than happy and feeling I’ve reached the top of the world if 2022 ends with no major disasters or anything of the kind :lol: I’ll be very easy to please during the next 12 months, that is sure.

Vinci
View attachment 174720
I understand your sentiments after last year. Death to 2021 was great - we watched it yesterday too. Don’t Look Up is good too.

Vinci
View attachment 174720
Marks not the only one whose fussy and barely tolerates the beach. I usually end up going for walks unless the grandkids are with us then I’ll entertain them. Great spot Newcastle

Be

View attachment 174711

blue original

View attachment 174712

Beautiful dad and son portrait Happy New Year

PXL_20220101_130307331~2.jpg

Happy new Year....
In the bin. Backstory to follow.......

and to follow.......On Christmas day we were joined by my wife's mother and my step-son who brought with him what turned out to be, for me anyway, a very nice wine. I must emphasise I know absolutely NOTHING about wine esp red wine as I usually drink beer, but hey it was Christmas day. Jamie and myself shared the bottle over dinner and I was very impressed by his choice but even he admitted it was purchased solely as it was on offer :lol:
Anyway, yesterday I was discussing with the wife how much I had enjoyed it and she said oh what the Lindemans and I said no it wasn't Lindemans at all and she didn't know what she was on about, but the only way to decide was to rummage around in the re-cycling bin and find the empty bottle. Too dark last night so I had a look this morning and found the erm.........bottle of Lindemans :oops:
Which goes to show after nearly 30 years together I shouldn't really argue with a woman. BUT it did provide the first image of 2022.
So as Geek1956 points out below an Australian wine, yay to the Aussies :thumbs:

Last edited:
Argh, a drywall screw. Just had the same thing a few weeks ago, and it wasn't even mine. I'd vote to ban them if they weren't so damn useful.
The last time I had to change a tyre was memorable as the very day the UK voted to leave the European Union. Even brexit aside changing tyres isn't a fun thing to have to do.

Back
Top Bottom