One image per post please
Please list device/s and apps used to create your image
Winner will choose theme/no theme and judge the next MCC
Please see the Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted HERE
Check out our previous winners in the Gallery HERE

JUDGE: lkbside Leslie
THEME: “Old and/or Abandoned“

Last edited:
Thank you for this theme, Leslie- it’s a beauty. I’ll defer to sinnerjohn ’s memory, but I don’t think we’ve had it before.
My memory is no more Jen, I just do the research :D

We've had Abandoned/Discarded #86, Derelict #55, the first 18 MCC don't have their title headers so I can't look there!
So similar themes but not exact and yes its a good theme Leslie. :thumbs:

On a personal note, I have to say I used to be firmly in the 'no theme' camp, but over the last year or so (maybe lockdown induced) I've come to really appreciate a theme. It means you have to search through the archive or actually get off your ass and take some photos! No bad thing.
So while the occasional 'no theme' is fine i.e. throw anything up, I do like the more personal involvement of a theme.

Not saying I've enjoyed ALL the themes looking back, there have been some horrors, but I'll not name them, personal taste and all that ;)

Thank you for this theme, Leslie- it’s a beauty. I’ll defer to sinnerjohn ’s memory, but I don’t think we’ve had it before.
Last weekend I took a little photo drive to Rowe, NM, about 1/2 hour from Santa Fe - a veritable paradise for the theme, although chock full of no trespassing signs. This week I’m up in Colorado to get my 2nd COVID shot. Yesterday we took a different route which was full of old barns, equipment and other beauties.

Nice take on the theme. I may be way off but you don't find that many old abandoned buildings in the UK, too little room maybe?
Anywhere with ecconomic decline or shift is a good place to look. Up north in the old mill towns that boomed during industrialisation for instance. We're quite lucky for that where I am as it's got one of the highest proportion of public foot paths and public access land in England, including old, abandoned stone buildings in the middle of nowhere.
I suspect anywhere that was industrially gutted by Thatcher would also have it's share too.

Nice take on the theme. I may be way off but you don't find that many old abandoned buildings in the UK, too little room maybe?
Take a look around Castle Cary sometime. There are three or four interesting old buildings - one big enough to have been used as a school and also as a restaurant at various times - that have been left to decay for years. Quite why I dont know, but there are some very strange folks around here.

Back
Top Bottom