MobiColour #277 No Theme

Thanks Ted, and yes, had to stay home again today because I’m still coughing :confused:

congrats Jilly Rizole John & Bill :thumbs:

#278 is HERE

Last edited:
First goes to JillyG for Flower Study 1. Although the other two studies she posted were more colorful, this one really nails the look of an antique hand-drawn botanical illustration. Simpler can be better.

54e4be4e-3367-4636-bb59-b6e765a9662f-jpeg.179890

Second goes to rizole for "Nailed it." It's odd. What was this, a leftover from a nail-driving contest? It's also simple but quirky with its tilted 4x4 and random (?) pattern of rusted nailheads. Nice sharp focus in the front and good blur behind.

img_20220430_111139-02-jpeg.179886

Third goes to sinnerjohn for "Cracks" (although it could have been for "New view" as well). I also liked the b/w version posted elsewhere, but I prefer this color version, mainly because the colors in the window reflection add so much to the overall image (not to mention the dark red spot where the plaster's fallen away).

pxl_20220408_062344533-1-jpg.179863

Honorable mention goes to WOTANICUS for the image that he titled "Mans Best Friend" but which I think of as "Upward Dog."

So JillyG, what's it going to be for the coming week?
Wow, that’s a surprise. Thank you terse Ted.:kissingheart: Great work from everyone who posted, hence my surprise. Well done rizole Rizole and sinnerjohn John, and WOTANICUS Bill with his HM. I suppose I’ll have to choose a theme now. See you at the new challenge.

First goes to JillyG for Flower Study 1. Although the other two studies she posted were more colorful, this one really nails the look of an antique hand-drawn botanical illustration. Simpler can be better.

Second goes to rizole for "Nailed it." It's odd. What was this, a leftover from a nail-driving contest? It's also simple but quirky with its tilted 4x4 and random (?) pattern of rusted nailheads. Nice sharp focus in the front and good blur behind.

Third goes to sinnerjohn for "Cracks" (although it could have been for "New view" as well). I also liked the b/w version posted elsewhere, but I prefer this color version, mainly because the colors in the window reflection add so much to the overall image (not to mention the dark red spot where the plaster's fallen away).

Honorable mention goes to WOTANICUS for the image that he titled "Mans Best Friend" but which I think of as "Upward Dog."

very well deserved too. Jillys image looks like its fresh from one of Cooke's or Darwins expeditions. Nailed It is great too as is Cracks for the colour.

Nice choices! JillyG Jilly’s flower really knocked my socks off!

Back
Top Bottom