APPstract RESULT: APPstract #29 Theme: Experimentation

Here’s a couple from Trigraphy which I find very difficult to use. Both are blended versions of two Trigraphy images.

8B78BA75-5EDC-489A-B81A-2AC362555320.jpeg
CFA8FF99-C2FA-49A5-B11B-660ACC17C63E.png

Here’s a version from Painterly. I absolutely love this app although I seldom use it. I feel that I have only scratched the surface with it. Again, I wish the resolution was higher. It enables you to load an image, position it wherever you like and then paint in bits of it onto your canvas using different bushes and rendering types. I applied Coherence from IC at the end because it made it more connected.

07230A65-4B18-4085-A21F-81DC557D91BA.jpeg

Here’s a version from Painterly. I absolutely love this app although I seldom use it. I feel that I have only scratched the surface with it. Again, I wish the resolution was higher. It enables you to load an image, position it wherever you like and then paint in bits of it onto your canvas using different bushes and rendering types. I applied Coherence from IC at the end because it made it more connected.

View attachment 154240
Wow!

I love how adventurous you are, Carmel -every image seems to come up with something new!
i lovelovelove those funky black squiggles!

btw in case anyone doesn’t already know, rmK pro is a really good single fx app for removing ‘all the black’ or ‘all the white’ from an image. I use it a lot to isolate funky black squiggles :D

Edit: does anyone know of an app that works in the same way but with RGB values?
I think you can do it in iColorama - Adjust>RGB Curves or HSL Curves.

I'm not sure if this is what you want, but some apps that offer layers and masking -- like Leonardo and SuperimposeX -- allow you to mask by selecting a color range. In practice, you tap on a color area of an image, and the app masks out all the similarly-colored pixels. Usually there's a slider to control how strictly or loosely the app interprets "similar." The masked areas are then transparent.
I think you can do it in iColorama - Adjust>RGB Curves or HSL Curves.

trouble with having seven million apps but only using three :oops: :feet: :oops:

Created in LightWeaver using an image generated in FotoDa. The background colour is chosen in LightWeaver.

View attachment 154228

oh, this is lovely, Ann!

Very nice! Actually it’s one of my favourites for painterly images. My only beef is that the resolution is not the best but I resize it as image sharpness is not an issue.

I’ll combine it with an outline from iColorama as I’ve done here:
View attachment 154237
Here’s a couple from Trigraphy which I find very difficult to use. Both are blended versions of two Trigraphy images.

View attachment 154238View attachment 154239

View attachment 154240
Here’s another from Painterly followed by PhotoToaster and Gloomlogue

View attachment 154241

and i see our beautiful climate (and perhaps our beautiful wines?) have inspired you :D
I particularly like the blue/tree image and this last PaintCan one :inlove:

These are fab! Yes, I got this app but could never get anything I liked.
Same here. I have a hard time getting anything useful from Trigraphy and LightWeaver, but you've got good results from both of them in this thread. :notworthy:
Thanks, folks. Glad I’m not the only one who struggles with both of these apps. I feel like Trigraphy should have lots of potential but maybe It’s results are too extreme.

Edit: does anyone know of an app that works in the same way but with RGB values?
As Ted says, there are many apps that do color range masking. Here’s my tutorial on Effects>Range in iColorama.

View attachment 154163

iC Painter
An iColorama offshoot. You can set things like brush size and style, detail, steps, and color palette, and then the app paints your photo. You can stop the painting mid-process for a rougher look and also mask areas.
My most recent tutorial last June was on iC Painter.

The Eyes Have It

This started with a self-portrait, taken through iC Painter for a very few strokes, very rough. I took that through MetaBrush, using the Swirl Tool. In iColorama I Blended the two and added the eyes back. Finally I sent the whole thing through Jixipix’s Impresso Pro.

A6CC680B-8245-4F4A-9CE3-3A7CD1AD19B6.png

The Eyes Have It

This started with a self-portrait, taken through iC Painter for a very few strokes, very rough. I took that through MetaBrush, using the Swirl Tool. In iColorama I Blended the two and added the eyes back. Finally I sent the whole thing through Jixipix’s Impresso Pro.

View attachment 154279
This is wonderful Jerry. Absolutely like an amazing oil painting.

Yes, I often use Gloomlogue to enhance color. What I especially like about your abstract is the feeling of depth it has, like you layered in an acrylic block.
YES! That’s it exactly - like a beautiful acrylic block. :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom