APPstract RESULT: 2Weekly APPstract #12

View attachment 144927

Another one inspired by ImageArt and deepop David.
Hipsta, a saved Stackables background taken into Superimpose with my photo of an iris. Then some iColorama lovin’ - Edges.

I had purple irises at my wedding - and heaps of purple and white here where I live :inlove:I particularly like the burned gold detail in the frame — is that the old bg? Or something that arose in this piece ?

Sorry not to have been around much since Easter - I’ve been very unwell, nothing terminal, but I’ve been off my feet and quite miserable. My lovely GP says another week in bed and I’ll be fine.

So why do [most of us] only have weeks in bed when we’re not we’ll enough to enjoy them???

I had purple irises at my wedding - and heaps of purple and white here where I live :inlove:I particularly like the burned gold detail in the frame — is that the old bg? Or something that arose in this piece ?
The Hipsta edit had a black frame and when I blended (Difference) that with a saved Stackables background in SuperimposeX, this is the result. I noticed that everywhere there was black showed the background. I really liked that idea, but haven’t been able to repeat it again!! :rolleyes:

Sorry not to have been around much since Easter - I’ve been very unwell, nothing terminal, but I’ve been off my feet and quite miserable. My lovely GP says another week in bed and I’ll be fine.

So why do [most of us] only have weeks in bed when we’re not we’ll enough to enjoy them???
Oh no, poor you! I hope you’re being waited on, hand and foot. Another week? It sounds serious. Take it easy.

ED269E82-CF0F-4981-BA8E-C5D7D0BCDBC7.jpeg

Superimpose X to meld the saved Stackables background with the image of a marigold that I Deform-ed in iColorama. It was on a black background so I chose Difference in blend modes and, hey presto, the black disappeared. It does change the colour of the subject too (the marigold was orange). Back into iColorama (Style>Auto) and removed a bit of that with the Brush Mask. Then Effects>Blend to add an image of masks from our visit to Harry Potter World (not called that but ...).

I wrote to the Stackables developer and this was his reply:

Unfortunately, Stackables is no longer being supported and we've
recently removed it from the App Store due to numerous compatibility
issues with iOS 12.

Thanks for understanding.

Stackables Team

Gutted. I can’t believe they don’t see the worth in keeping it going. :(

I wrote to the Stackables developer and this was his reply:

Unfortunately, Stackables is no longer being supported and we've
recently removed it from the App Store due to numerous compatibility
issues with iOS 12.

Thanks for understanding.

Stackables Team

Gutted. I can’t believe they don’t see the worth in keeping it going. :(
“Stackables Team”!!!! The janitor who’s turning off the lights more like! As you say, such a shame because there’s really nothing like it. :(

FundyBrian a version of this NatGeo piece on kukeri dancers turned up on my FB feed. Well-trained little academic that I am, I went to the source and was quite fascinated - such a history! And those silk/hair costumes! Apologies if you already have it.
I could not get the link to work. What is this?
I’ll be back soon. Busy with work at the moment.

FundyBrian a version of this NatGeo piece on kukeri dancers turned up on my FB feed. Well-trained little academic that I am, I went to the source and was quite fascinated - such a history! And those silk/hair costumes! Apologies if you already have it.
I could not get the link to work. What is this?
I’ll be back soon. Busy with work at the moment.

Um, it’s a National Geographic article on kukeri dancers.

I have it in my mind that you are interested in kukeri dancers?

Well if you aren’t, somebody must be.

:feet:

Right?

Btw link works fine for me, but here it is longhand: https://www.nationalgeographic.com/...i-unesco-intangible-cultural-heritage-photos/

In case anyone is interested :mobibabe:

Back
Top Bottom