• > UPDATE Thread < Thanks to all who've DONATED to help with MobiTog's costs, please consider a small regular monthly sum, now possible under the new Donate tab! (NB - If all active MobiMembers Donate just £1/$1 per month it will cover our costs and help with expenditure for updates/improvements) A BIG THANK YOU ALL for your continued generosity & support!
  • PLEASE READ THIS THREAD < Tap for linky - MobiTog still has a few minor updates/improvements to complete... :)

RESULT 2Weekly APPstract #12

zenjenny

MobiStaff
Site Staff
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
View attachment 144927

Another one inspired by ImageArt and deepop David.
Hipsta, a saved Stackables background taken into Superimpose with my photo of an iris. Then some iColorama lovin’ - Edges.
I had purple irises at my wedding - and heaps of purple and white here where I live :inlove:I particularly like the burned gold detail in the frame — is that the old bg? Or something that arose in this piece ?

zenjenny

MobiStaff
Site Staff
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
Sorry not to have been around much since Easter - I’ve been very unwell, nothing terminal, but I’ve been off my feet and quite miserable. My lovely GP says another week in bed and I’ll be fine.

So why do [most of us] only have weeks in bed when we’re not we’ll enough to enjoy them???

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I had purple irises at my wedding - and heaps of purple and white here where I live :inlove:I particularly like the burned gold detail in the frame — is that the old bg? Or something that arose in this piece ?
The Hipsta edit had a black frame and when I blended (Difference) that with a saved Stackables background in SuperimposeX, this is the result. I noticed that everywhere there was black showed the background. I really liked that idea, but haven’t been able to repeat it again!! :rolleyes:

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Sorry not to have been around much since Easter - I’ve been very unwell, nothing terminal, but I’ve been off my feet and quite miserable. My lovely GP says another week in bed and I’ll be fine.

So why do [most of us] only have weeks in bed when we’re not we’ll enough to enjoy them???
Oh no, poor you! I hope you’re being waited on, hand and foot. Another week? It sounds serious. Take it easy.

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
ED269E82-CF0F-4981-BA8E-C5D7D0BCDBC7.jpeg

Superimpose X to meld the saved Stackables background with the image of a marigold that I Deform-ed in iColorama. It was on a black background so I chose Difference in blend modes and, hey presto, the black disappeared. It does change the colour of the subject too (the marigold was orange). Back into iColorama (Style>Auto) and removed a bit of that with the Brush Mask. Then Effects>Blend to add an image of masks from our visit to Harry Potter World (not called that but ...).

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I wrote to the Stackables developer and this was his reply:

Unfortunately, Stackables is no longer being supported and we've
recently removed it from the App Store due to numerous compatibility
issues with iOS 12.

Thanks for understanding.

Stackables Team

Gutted. I can’t believe they don’t see the worth in keeping it going. :(

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I wrote to the Stackables developer and this was his reply:

Unfortunately, Stackables is no longer being supported and we've
recently removed it from the App Store due to numerous compatibility
issues with iOS 12.

Thanks for understanding.

Stackables Team

Gutted. I can’t believe they don’t see the worth in keeping it going. :(
“Stackables Team”!!!! The janitor who’s turning off the lights more like! As you say, such a shame because there’s really nothing like it. :(

FundyBrian

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
FundyBrian a version of this NatGeo piece on kukeri dancers turned up on my FB feed. Well-trained little academic that I am, I went to the source and was quite fascinated - such a history! And those silk/hair costumes! Apologies if you already have it.
I could not get the link to work. What is this?
I’ll be back soon. Busy with work at the moment.

zenjenny

MobiStaff
Site Staff
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
FundyBrian a version of this NatGeo piece on kukeri dancers turned up on my FB feed. Well-trained little academic that I am, I went to the source and was quite fascinated - such a history! And those silk/hair costumes! Apologies if you already have it.
I could not get the link to work. What is this?
I’ll be back soon. Busy with work at the moment.
Um, it’s a National Geographic article on kukeri dancers.

I have it in my mind that you are interested in kukeri dancers?

Well if you aren’t, somebody must be.

:feet:

Right?

Btw link works fine for me, but here it is longhand: https://www.nationalgeographic.com/travel/destinations/europe/bulgaria/kukeri-survakari-unesco-intangible-cultural-heritage-photos/

In case anyone is interested :mobibabe: