APPstract RESULT: 2Weekly APPstract #12

Ted’s rosebud
CB26B486-68BD-4CA8-A423-137412BA9D55.jpeg

Jen’s ranculus ranunculi. Actually maybe it was a poppy.

DB453D40-80EF-4653-9203-66CD4E4EB55C.jpeg

Last edited:
There's still somebody there because the same guy also puts out ProCam 6 and Filmmaker Pro, both of which are updated regularly.
That’s why I emailed him because he was keeping the others going and not Stackables. I’m thinking the apps you mentioned is where he is making His money so he has decided to stick with these.

Um, it’s a National Geographic article on kukeri dancers.

I have it in my mind that you are interested in kukeri dancers?

Well if you aren’t, somebody must be.

:feet:

Right?

Btw link works fine for me, but here it is longhand: https://www.nationalgeographic.com/...i-unesco-intangible-cultural-heritage-photos/

In case anyone is interested :mobibabe:
Well, it IS interesting, but previously unknown to me. Although, looking at some of the costumes I can see where the Sasquatch comes from. It’s odd, though, that considering they are dancers there isn’t some video showing them in motion. Lots of amazing costumes, but all stationary.

Possibly Kokopelli is what you were remembering? That is something I mentioned before.

You folks have flowers in bloom? We still have some snow that has not left yet. Getting warmer, though. Migratory birds are coming back, or passing through. Here’s one way you can tell it isn’t warm yet, there’s still no bugs.

On a short walk on the beach yesterday I was wearing my down-filled jacket and glad to have it. The wind is still very cold even thought the sun feels warmer. I’m still making fires in the wood stove at night to keep the chill off.

I wrote to the Stackables developer and this was his reply:

Unfortunately, Stackables is no longer being supported and we've
recently removed it from the App Store due to numerous compatibility
issues with iOS 12.

Thanks for understanding.

Stackables Team

Gutted. I can’t believe they don’t see the worth in keeping it going. :(

I’m guessing the ‘numerous compatibility issues’ were deal-breakers. Especially if everyone in the world who wanted it already had a copy, that’s a lot of effort out for not much return.

Which reminds me. When Pigment first came out, I asked Eugene @ Pixite about their sudden move from $4.99 (say) for the other Pixite apps to the waaaay out there (as I saw it) monthly subscriptions they set for Pigment just over Au$14/month and Au$100/year. So easily twenty times the approx purchase price of their other wonderful apps.

I asked if there were a middle ground — effectively require your customers to re-purchase the app every year. A ‘subscription’ of even $10 yearly from the number of diehard users they have would surely keep them in old and new customers.

Apparently there’s not. And because I still don’t get it it’s probably just as well I never went into app development. Or horse trading.

Well, it IS interesting, but previously unknown to me. Although, looking at some of the costumes I can see where the Sasquatch comes from. It’s odd, though, that considering they are dancers there isn’t some video showing them in motion. Lots of amazing costumes, but all stationary.

Possibly Kokopelli is what you were remembering? That is something I mentioned before.

There are miles of footage of them dancing. You have strange WiFi o_O or you missed the > play button :)

And okay, Kokopelli. Different thang :mobibabe:

That’s why I emailed him because he was keeping the others going and not Stackables. I’m thinking the apps you mentioned is where he is making His money so he has decided to stick with these.
Yes, I suspect you're right. Also, the mention of compatibility issues makes me think maybe the code for Stackables was getting old and would have required a serious rewrite to be fit for iOS 12 and beyond.

Why thank you! :) I'd forgotten about that one and never really followed up that particular line. So many things to work on...
You’re most welcome, my dear. Though I should make it clear thatI don’t go around stealing just anyone’s images :mobibabe:

Sorry not to have been around much since Easter - I’ve been very unwell, nothing terminal, but I’ve been off my feet and quite miserable. My lovely GP says another week in bed and I’ll be fine.

So why do [most of us] only have weeks in bed when we’re not we’ll enough to enjoy them???
Sending lots of hugs! :inlove: Maybe you can pretend you’re still unwell when you’re better and get some more *relaxing* time out of the ordeal. :feet:

With props to the strange & wonderful Edna St Vincent Millay

F4C9D1CE-4ADF-4F4D-8A30-D5912A9E7699.jpeg

Probably my favourite form of collage art - making a piece entirely either from one repeated fragment or from fragments of a theme***. Edit: this one is made entirely of flowers from Old collages (incl. Dubbles, May its soul rest in peace) a few photos, SketchClub brushes, and of course the terse rosebud. I figured the feather was allowed because Spring. Sigh. Does anyone else have the experience of forgetting why you started a sentence before you get to the end of it?

(Y’all know there’s a Southern Hemisphere, right? And it’s Autumn, just past Samhain, here :mobibabe:)

Last edited:
With props to the strange & wonderful Edna St Vincent Millay

View attachment 145039

Probably my favourite form of collage art - making a piece entirely either from one repeated fragment or from fragments of a theme. Old collages (incl. Dubbles, May its soul rest in peace) a few photos, SketchClub brushes, and of course the terse rosebud. I figured the feather was allowed because Spring.

(Y’all know there’s a Southern Hemisphere, right? And it’s Autumn, just past Samhain, here :mobibabe:)
This is gorgeous.... :inlove:

...waiting for your Autumn themed collage. :sneaky:

I’m guessing the ‘numerous compatibility issues’ were deal-breakers. Especially if everyone in the world who wanted it already had a copy, that’s a lot of effort out for not much return.

Which reminds me. When Pigment first came out, I asked Eugene @ Pixite about their sudden move from $4.99 (say) for the other Pixite apps to the waaaay out there (as I saw it) monthly subscriptions they set for Pigment just over Au$14/month and Au$100/year. So easily twenty times the approx purchase price of their other wonderful apps.

I asked if there were a middle ground — effectively require your customers to re-purchase the app every year. A ‘subscription’ of even $10 yearly from the number of diehard users they have would surely keep them in old and new customers.

Apparently there’s not. And because I still don’t get it it’s probably just as well I never went into app development. Or horse trading.

There are miles of footage of them dancing. You have strange WiFi o_O or you missed the > play button :)

And okay, Kokopelli. Different thang :mobibabe:
No, I didn’t see anything that looked like video to play. No arrow play icons. Nothing that looked video-shaped.
Since upgrading our internet I have noticed a much higher rate of times it says it could not find that website or server or whatever. Sometimes if I insist and try the same link over and over it suddenly finds it. The odd thing is that it doesn’t seem to “try” first and after trying say it could not be found. Instead it is instant. Practically the same second I tap the link it says it could not be found. Underachieving.

Thank you everyone who contributed images and/or comments to this fledgling APPstract challenge :inlove: :notworthy: :thumbs:.

I’ve decided on a mission: to raise awareness of the therapeutic benefits of the play of art. That or world peace: whichever comes first.

This may be a small challenge today, but expect to see it listed on the stock exchange in the not-too-distant future :mobibabe:

And on that note I now declare #12 closed, #13 open and await word on [checks] my own favourites :D

8DA7B518-E819-4523-98C1-C3F5A1C76408.jpeg

‘Abstract Flowers’ leaves a lot of room for scope. I loved every single image posted this week, and mostly for different reasons. Jilly’s minimalist marigold really spoke to me, and David’s uber-minimalist untitled blue image. Star’s burning bush. Ted’s rosebud (I know I posted it, but Ted made it :)). Although I spent most of the two weeks in bed with some horrible viral bug, I loved making my own contributions.

Cat didn’t post an image, but if she had I would’ve loved it. Which reminds me, what’s a girl got to do to get the Empress of Abstract ValeriGail to post here?? And GroovyGouvy ?? Sheesh.

Anyway my favourite this week is ImageArt Ann’s untitled Repix, iColorama, PaintCan creation. As soon as I saw it I loved the delicacy and simplicity of the composition and palette. But when I looked more closely at an enlarged version I saw all this wondrous depth and detail of line and texture. Still waters run deep.

Look forward to hearing what Ann has in store for us for #13 :D

Back
Top Bottom