APPstract RESULT: 2WEEKLY APPSTRACT #15 8 June

15 minute challenge:

27B6E17E-F3C4-4790-9A84-19E86C72D08B.jpeg

iColorama

4AA41328-F0F1-4750-A3AE-04E924523A13.jpeg
(the light at night is horrible in my apartment for photographing so I grabbed something from my camera roll)

I looked at Pixlr earlier actually. It seems to be just filters and adjustments, nothing very sophisticated. In some respects Prisma is better.
You can mask the filters which is really useful for abstracts because you can just use bits if you don’t want the entire filter applied.

My appstracts are where I feel my way through. Knowing the capabilities of different apps and how they help me achieve a look is how I can work so rapidly, feeling my way through. I took an image of some knickknacks my wife has out. I did some initial toning in iColorama.

View attachment 146446

How do I “abstract” it now? Well, Form>Deforms has a number of presets that warp the image.

View attachment 146447

Still too regular. I like to use Sort to smear an image. When I first apply Sort, it’s still too busy. I know that Blur will result in a smoother smear in Sort, so I apply Blur, but I Mask it out in one stroke towards the bottom. Then, when I aaply Sort to the whole image, i’ve Got a good smear across the whole image, except for the unblurred stroke.

View attachment 146448

From there it’s just a matter of cropping and adding some texture. It’s taken me longer to write about it than to feel my way through it.
As much as I mess with iColorama, I still miss some of the nuances that you understand so well. Thanks for the mini workflow tute.

Overedited??? Is there such a thing in the Weekly Appstract Challenge? I don’t think so! Fabulous.

You tell him, Jilly. Over-edited? The very thought!

And on that note, with deepop ’s beautiful monstrosity looming in the background, #15 and Starzee ’s other-world theme draws to a close. Thank you to all who contributed images, comments and/or congenial thoughts. Time for Starzee to choose her favourite/s. Until then, #16 is ready for your wildest excesses here :inlove:

I really love this challenge and missed not posting something, but it gave me a chance to immerse myself in your amazing work. Yes, I mean amazing.

I also think that every image ever posted in the Appstract challenge is otherworldly. Is everything abstract? Don’t know, don’t care. Are they appstract? I am certain, with out a doubt, that every one is stracted by an app. So, there you have it.

Now on the winners. Very difficult (as is every challenge in Mobitog, ever) but this is what I’ve come up with.

Third place goes to zenjenny with Prison/er of Ice. I just love it.
CA2C68D9-2817-43C2-9FA0-B7E81E618E42.png

I wish I could have a tie for first, but that would complicate the whole judgey thing for the next challenge. So, after several changes of heart, I’m awarding second place to sinnerjohn for Buddha. Again, I just love it. Maybe it’s the colors. I seem to be going for oranges a lot, lately.
58FD8487-C754-4342-81A6-8F40AB1B7502.png

And in first, deepop with his forgotten Starry Night I. Very otherworldly and the reason it’s first in my mind is precisely what Jilly said.
614A3487-0F2B-4056-9C85-F67800D8079E.png

Just for a moment, as I scrolled through, this looked to me like the head, shoulders and part of the back of a man. Nurse! My medications wearing off!:confused:

No, you don’t need meds. Or maybe we both do. I see another world with the weight of the world on it’s shoulders. Nicely done.

In a most honorable mention is rizole with Horror. I think it’s just an incredible shot for a cell phone,
703E122E-4A7D-476A-AA20-3838F997D8F1.png

Well done Starzee Star! I know it must have been hard to narrow it down with so many amazing images in this thread! :notworthy: Super congrats deepop David!! :inlove:

Big love to zenjenny Jen and sinnerjohn John... fab work!

I give a hearty high five to HM rizole....
(even though that damnable creature is now once again seared into my brain... o_O although....it’s face does have a certain cuteness to it, if one just pretends it’s something other than a magnified louse.)

I give a hearty high five to HM @rizole....
(even though that damnable creature is now once again seared into my brain... o_O although....it’s face does have a certain cuteness to it, if one just pretends it’s something other than a magnified louse.)

I'm sure it's mother loved it.....
Anyone besides me been scratching their head for 2 weeks?

I really love this challenge and missed not posting something, but it gave me a chance to immerse myself in your amazing work. Yes, I mean amazing.

I also think that every image ever posted in the Appstract challenge is otherworldly. Is everything abstract? Don’t know, don’t care. Are they appstract? I am certain, with out a doubt, that every one is stracted by an app. So, there you have it.

Now on the winners. Very difficult (as is every challenge in Mobitog, ever) but this is what I’ve come up with.

Third place goes to zenjenny with Prison/er of Ice. I just love it.
View attachment 146541

I wish I could have a tie for first, but that would complicate the whole judgey thing for the next challenge. So, after several changes of heart, I’m awarding second place to sinnerjohn for Buddha. Again, I just love it. Maybe it’s the colors. I seem to be going for oranges a lot, lately.
View attachment 146542

And in first, deepop with his forgotten Starry Night I. Very otherworldly and the reason it’s first in my mind is precisely what Jilly said.
View attachment 146543

No, you don’t need meds. Or maybe we both do. I see another world with the weight of the world on it’s shoulders. Nicely done.

In a most honorable mention is rizole with Horror. I think it’s just an incredible shot for a cell phone,
View attachment 146544

Well done Star. I absolutely agree with your judging, although anyone of those could have come first and I would still have agreed. :D Great work from everyone again. :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom