APPstract RESULT: 2Weekly APPstract #16 Jun 21-July 5

:lol: !! I was going to comment on that exact sentence but then decided :zip:.
I’m just saying that rocks are not living breathing beings. A “Life Force”, like that possessed by a living breathing being, is not the same having the ability to hold some sort of energy. We know from dowsing that if a person picks up a random stone on the beach and holds it for some time, and then puts it back down, that an experienced dowser can locate that particular stone on the beach. Some sort of energy is temporarily held by the stone. Likewise, striking a stone in a particular way can make make it “sing” in a way that a dowser can find it.

Took a while and I still could go on transforming, but I’m now at a point I really like it:

Hausse & Baise (also known as Bull & Bear)

View attachment 146856

Started with a scribble with ballpoint pen on paper, Adobe Capture, Vectornator (all the drawing and I coloured it in complimentary orange and blue), BeCasso, Pastello – and then I had to reduce the size to 50% to get it uploaded (BigPhoto). o_O:zip::confused:
A scribble, you say??!! :hearteyes:

I disagree... I believe everything is made of energy, including stones, crystals, etc.
Yes, I can agree with that. Everything has atoms with electrons etc. that are whizzing around all the time. And the atoms form a matrix unique to the material. But I think things that are alive have a different level of energy. Something extra that “solid” matter doesn’t have. I put “solid” in quotation marks because we know that at a great enough scale you can drive a proverbial truck through the spaces between the atoms.

I remember carrying my daughter’s cat back home after it was hit by a car. It was perfect in every way. Not a mark on it. Except it lacked the life force. I had the feeling it would take a breath any moment and wake up. But it didn’t. I sat with that beautiful little white cat for a long time pondering the matter of life and death.

So what is that force that things have that are “alive”? What is different when it is gone? All of the molecules and atoms are still there. But all of the life support systems have shut down. Where did that energy go?

Round And Cornered

6FE109E2-E1CD-4928-BD75-3D9629357090.jpeg

Bricks (app)

A scribble, you say??!! :hearteyes:
I hear you. I wonder what would happen if we asked her to do ‘a proper drawing’ :eek:

Probably an even longer term to wait. :D
I always start with scribbles to get a feeling for the format (horizontal/vertical/square) that fits what I want it on and the I lightly draw lines, make those thicker I think they’re right and mostly end up with an outline. Only if I have no picture to start with.
In this case I even took a used paper to doodle on and this was the result I was sure I can work with.

E35FDEA3-4168-4658-98B2-ECFE232E0974.jpeg

Just the size of a palm and everything else works digitally. ;)

Time to close our ‘Opposites’ thread, and have deepop pick his favourites. Thanks to all who contributed with images, ‘I wouldn’t have thought of that’ interpretations of ‘opposites’, comments, ponderings on the nature of life, the universe and everything. There’s something for everyone on MobiTog :mobibabe:

When you’re ready, David :)

There was one image that kept me looking at it again and again and agin was Starzee untitled piece
850B1431-775E-414F-8CE1-801E2898A1EA.jpeg

It starts with opposite colors that makes you stop and stare, and continues giving joy with so much more - coming/going, entrance/exit, circle/square,black/white, up/down and probably a few others that I'm missing.Superb!
No runners up this week because I throughly enjoyed everyone's interpretation of the theme. Thank you to all for sharing them.

There wa one Easter egg found face that I couldn't unsee once I noticed it. Jen's Auto Collage produced green Cookie Monster with hipster blue shades and a white soul patch. Unforgettable!
1617B508-A6F4-4FD2-8674-36B16332DD2C.jpeg

There was one image that kept me looking at it again and again and agin was Starzee untitled piece
View attachment 146994
It starts with opposite colors that makes you stop and stare, and continues giving joy with so much more - coming/going, entrance/exit, circle/square,black/white, up/down and probably a few others that I'm missing.Superb!
No runners up this week because I throughly enjoyed everyone's interpretation of the theme. Thank you to all for sharing them.

There wa one Easter egg found face that I couldn't unsee once I noticed it. Jen's Auto Collage produced green Cookie Monster with hipster blue shades and a white soul patch. Unforgettable!

Thank you David and congrats Starzee :hearteyes: :hearteyes: :hearteyes: Clever and beautiful - appstracts don’t get much better than that :notworthy: We are so happy to have your ‘zero talented’ proverbial here :inlove:

Thank you David for pointing out the soul-patched Cookie Monster in my image. I hadn’t noticed him myself, but I had seen a fish, and a man shaking his fist at the gods. I’ll be sure to introduce them (this kind of art is a bit like having a visual multiple personality disorder*.

What have you got for your fellow fruitloops this week, Starzee ?

*Now, for those interested, more politely named Dissociative Identity Disorder :mobibabe:

View attachment 146994

View attachment 146995
Wasn’t Star’s image just marvellous and a perfect fit for the theme. Well done Star. And Jen’s is just amazing - I can see a little fat mouse in a jacket with a blue collar in the first box and, just to the right of that box, part of a contented face. I’m sure, if you turned it around, you’d see something different every time.

View attachment 146994

View attachment 146995
Thank you David and congrats Starzee :hearteyes: :hearteyes: :hearteyes: Clever and beautiful - appstracts don’t get much better than that :notworthy: We are so happy to have your ‘zero talented’ proverbial here :inlove:

Thank you David for pointing out the soul-patched Cookie Monster in my image. I hadn’t noticed him myself, but I had seen a fish, and a man shaking his fist at the gods. I’ll be sure to introduce them (this kind of art is a bit like having a visual multiple personality disorder*.

What have you got for your fellow fruitloops this week, Starzee ?

*Now, for those interested, more politely named Dissociative Identity Disorder :mobibabe:
Wasn’t Star’s image just marvellous and a perfect fit for the theme. Well done Star. And Jen’s is just amazing - I can see a little fat mouse in a jacket with a blue collar in the first box and, just to the right of that box, part of a contented face. I’m sure, if you turned it around, you’d see something different every time.
Congratulations, Starzee, your image is splendid! Well deserved.
In Jen's Cookie Monster, I see a smiling frog and sometimes a crab. :lol:
Thanks for judging, deepop, I know what you mean, I felt the same. :)
Thank you, everyone! I will figure out a theme as soon as I find a Cookie Monster, a fat mouse, contented face, a smiling frog, a fish, man shaking his fist and a possible crab in @zenjenny’s piece. It may be next week :lmao:

Thank you, everyone! I will figure out a theme as soon as I find a Cookie Monster, a fat mouse, contented face, a smiling frog, a fish, man shaking his fist and a possible crab in @zenjenny’s piece. It may be next week :lmao:

Well get your skates on, Star — you know what it’s like here. If you wait another hour you’ll have forty more sightings to confirm :lmao:

View attachment 146994

View attachment 146995
Great choices David... :thumbs: Congrats Starzee !! I just love your piece... High Five zenjenny Jen! And like David, now that I see Cool Cookie Monster, I can't unsee him. :confused::cool:

I'm waiting with bated breath! ;) :D

Back
Top Bottom