APPstract RESULT: 2Weekly APPstract Challenge #13

Studies in (posterised) dots I and II

525BBA3A-C807-43E6-9DB0-8D0B3135C3E6.jpeg

Last edited:
Your nose is always welcome, John. Also your thoughts & opinions on things artistic.

I must admit, I’ve never quite nailed down an understanding of your definition of ‘abstract’. Or how you decide what is and what isn’t. With posterising, is it ‘not abstract’ because the image is just a bit simplified? The lines /details smoothed out? (Is that what you mean by ‘just another edit for a straight image’?)

ImageArt Ann your thoughts?
So what I mean is create your abstract and then apply a comic/Posterized look. I have to admit that a couple of mine weren’t particularly abstract.

Perhaps this is a better example:

7EE99F1E-5CBB-42F3-9DE3-CD236621FA35.jpeg

View attachment 145285

I don’t get the comic/posterised arm of abstracting. I’m learning something here from seeing what seems to work and what doesn’t, but I’m a bit lost when it comes to choosing images that will work well with this kind of processing. But hey, I’m willing to make myself look silly in the name of art :D So this one is the late beloved Miss Missy, companion to our RoseCat. If anyone can remember the name of the app I’d be most appreciative. I like what it does, but it has a very limited repertoire.
This is perfect.

And now something completely different:
Amongst the birds

Percolator, Clip2Comic

View attachment 145504

Percolator and clip2comic is an interesting effect. I’ve tried layering percolate-ed images to soften the circles, but never to make them more sharp and . . . posterised :lmao:

I knew Ann’s theme would be right up your alley, Gouvy :)

Percolator and clip2comic is an interesting effect. I’ve tried layering percolate-ed images to soften the circles, but never to make them more sharp and . . . posterised :lmao:

I knew Ann’s theme would be right up your alley, Gouvy :)

Yes, she relit the fire. :D
Just at breakfast. Took this shot while waiting for the coffee. Played with it and ended up with 10 variations I like.
And the very best are in the next two posts.

Back
Top Bottom