APPstract RESULT: 2Weekly APPstract Challenge #13

MyZeil mall

Hipsta, Pulp, combined in Photoshop Mix

D34984BA-45EB-449D-A17B-F478B8EEB0A0.jpeg

The new staircase was taken with Hipsta and thrown through Clip2Comic

View attachment 145496
And there was a wooden staircase with an intesting door. Taken with Hipsta. Did an edit with ArtCard and then played with it in Clip2Comic

Made it spooky by blowing up and squeezing down

View attachment 145498

And did nothing but “abstract”

View attachment 145497

And I love both. :D
I just realised that it seems I really have a nutty affinity to staircases.
Here’s another. Pop Dot Comic

View attachment 145501
Youngsters on a step in a street
Pop Dot Comic

View attachment 145503
And now something completely different:
Amongst the birds

Percolator, Clip2Comic

View attachment 145504
Great to see you back, Gouvs! Always love seeing the world through your eyes.

The breakfast invitation
2 results with Artoon:

Very close to the original

View attachment 145514

And very poppy

View attachment 145515

Guess which one I used for the next post. :lol:
And then took (of course!) the poppy one into PopDotComic and played with its still amazing possibilities and have three favourites:

View attachment 145517

View attachment 145516

View attachment 145519
This is a great minimalist composition... love all these.

Thank you to everyone who participated in #13 :) :thumbs: :hearteyecat: ImageArt Ann’s theme of posterising and cartoon-ising attracted a range of different and interesting contributions.

Bonus this week we had a brief philosophical interlude (courtesy sinnerjohn ) on whether or not posterising counted as ‘abstract’ or ‘just one more edit on a straight photograph’. John’s comments and rizole ’s here made me think about how much the rise and rise of digital image editing tech has complicated the already complex debates about what abstract art is. Or isn’t.

Luckily GroovyGouvy returned to us with a new (?) obsession about staircases which put everything back in perspective. Or something.

So thank you, Ann, for an interesting theme — and when you’re ready, let us know who is to be responsible for our artistic education for the next two weeks ! :D

Perhaps a difficult theme for abstract so I apologise for that but if nothing else I discovered all the toon apps out there!

My favourite image and the winner was this one by Gouvy. Cartoon for sure and also an abstract feel.

View attachment 145617
Great choice Ann. :thumbs: Well done GroovyGouvy Gouvy - all of your images were just great!

Perhaps a difficult theme for abstract so I apologise for that but if nothing else I discovered all the toon apps out there!

My favourite image and the winner was this one by Gouvy. Cartoon for sure and also an abstract feel.

View attachment 145617
Yay GroovyGouvy !! :D I thought it was an interesting theme, getting me/us out of our comfort zones.

I should have a look what we already had. Then I thought doing it again is always nice. :D The theme in mind is Pop Art, but I must admit it’s so close to this one that I rather keep it for maybe. Oh, I know!
I do something we might not have had before (hopefully): Two colours is all it needs. Black& white with red jumping out or any other colour combination and all shades. But abstractify!

Back
Top Bottom