APPstract RESULT: 2WeeklyAbstractChallenge #19 2-16 August

View attachment 148339

Amorphous color from SandCam with some help from TouchRetouch.

Warning: Even if you buy the $1.99 upgrade, it still only saves at 1032x750. Hasn't been updated in 3 years, but still runs on an iPhone Xs with iOS 12.4. Same developer as Fluxu and Bluristic.
Wow ~Ted. I LOVE this!:notworthy: It’s almost Japanese - like a beautiful laquered panel.

So I caved and got FotoDa... :whistle: I love that it randomly grabs images from my camera roll. It’s very addicting to just keep tapping to see what it comes up with - kind of like Decim8 but much better results.
I agree about the Decim8 part. I haven’t messed with it since I got FotoDa.

A FotoDa special followed by Glaze

AD3E749C-E2FF-492F-9D30-E0AA0B2562E7.jpeg

Ann, do you use Glaze on iOS 12? How did you convince it to save? Is that only MY problem? Or do you use it on iOS 11 or even lower?
I have absolutely no problem saving from Glaze with either my iPad Pro on 12 or iPad Mini on 10 but I seem to remember that I did at one point and can't remember whether I managed to do something to rectify it or whether it just came right. I just loaded Glaze onto my iPhone and have your problem. There was a thread somewhere where we had a long discussion about it. Don't know whether something came out of that. The others might know.

As always, this was super hard! I had three ties for first place :rolleyes::feet: ... but after much deliberation, Starzee 's emerged triumphant. The colors are absolutely delicious, and I love how they flow into each other - it has a liquid feel to it, like an oil painting that I would frame and hang. Congrats Star!!! :inlove:

starzee.jpeg

Tied for second are terse Ted's "Neon streets in the rain" and zenjenny Jen's "Maybe: and then again, maybe not" - beautiful colors and 'moods'. Gives all kinds of feels looking at them.

neon streets in the rain.jpeg

jen.jpeg

Third place to GroovyGouvy Gouvy's "Kitten in the gummy world". There's something about the blurry (and amorphous!) background set behind that sharp gray shape... it feels organic.
Gouvy.jpeg

HMs: ImageArt Ann's "Brain Cells or The Return of the Beast" and zenjenny Jen's "Bertel Bee rests after a long day in the pollen".

Images that are not quite my idea of *amorphous*, but that I love for their uniqueness/creativity: deepop David's "Volcano" & "Ganesh ascending the stairway to heaven"; Breconrambler Hans' "One can’t but help noticing totally A morphless politics everywhere in our present time"; zenjenny Jen's "Owl people can see that which others cannot" & "She walks in [amorphous] beauty, like the night".

As always, this was super hard! I had three ties for first place :rolleyes::feet: ... but after much deliberation, Starzee 's emerged triumphant. The colors are absolutely delicious, and I love how they flow into each other - it has a liquid feel to it, like an oil painting that I would frame and hang. Congrats Star!!! :inlove:

View attachment 148453

Tied for second are terse Ted's "Neon streets in the rain" and zenjenny Jen's "Maybe: and then again, maybe not" - beautiful colors and 'moods'. Gives all kinds of feels looking at them.

View attachment 148454

View attachment 148455

Third place to GroovyGouvy Gouvy's "Kitten in the gummy world". There's something about the blurry (and amorphous!) background set behind that sharp gray shape... it feels organic.
View attachment 148456

HMs: ImageArt Ann's "Brain Cells or The Return of the Beast" and zenjenny Jen's "Bertel Bee rests after a long day in the pollen".

Images that are not quite my idea of *amorphous*, but that I love for their uniqueness/creativity: deepop David's "Volcano" & "Ganesh ascending the stairway to heaven"; Breconrambler Hans' "One can’t but help noticing totally A morphless politics everywhere in our present time"; zenjenny Jen's "Owl people can see that which others cannot" & "She walks in [amorphous] beauty, like the night".
Yay, well done Starzee Star. Congrats to terse Ted, zenjenny Jen, GroovyGouvy Gouvy and the HMs and The Others. :lol: It was such fun to see them all and I just wish I could have participated more. That darn caravan!!

Thank you for closing #19 and opening #20, RoseCat, while I am away enjoying the wind and the wild seas of the southern Indian Ocean.

Thanks, too, for an unusual theme, which had us variously searching Google and the App Store (The FotoDa devs thank you, too :)) and for your wrap up — I really get the ‘amorphous’ thing now :thumbs:

And congrats Starzee ! Also terse & me! And GroovyGouvy! And ImageArt, Breconrambler & deepop !

What do you have in store for us, Starzee?

Well, thank you! I’m honored. I feel like a bit of a fraud, though. That work was largely FotoDa images that I recombined and blended. They started out as blue. Who knew the difference blend mode would turn into a variety of colors?

Congrats to terse, zenjenny, GroovyGouvy, ImageArt, Breconrambler and deepop! I’ll give it some thought and get back to you guys!

Last edited:
Well, thank you! I’m honored. I feel like a bit of a fraud, though. That work was largely FotoDa images that I recombined and blended. They started out as blue. Who knew the difference blend mode would turn into a variety of colors?

Congrats to terse, zenjenny, GroovyGouvy, ImageArt, Breconrambler and deepop! I’ll give it some thought and get back to you guys!
Congratulations to the winner/s and everyone participating. It was much fun showing my stuff amongst the wonderful creations of you really talented guys.

View attachment 148453

View attachment 148454

View attachment 148455

View attachment 148456

Well done, Star! Yes, gorgeous colours. And congrats all over winners and HMs.

Back
Top Bottom