APPstract RESULT: 2WeeklyAbstractChallenge #20 16-30 August

View attachment 148541

This recently discovered cave painting, here restored to its original colors, is known informally as "Sisyphus in the Afternoon" and is thought to be the progenitor of the Greek myth. The late film director Eric Rohmer was reportedly planning a film based on the painting at the time of his death.

Flower photo -> BeCasso -> AdLib S -> BeCasso -> iColorama -> ACDSee Pro

C362C167-1ADC-4D24-9BE3-326433B69FE0.jpeg

This reminds me of an app I miss. It was one of my first apps, when the AppStore had about ten items on the shelves, and it disappeared with one of the early major updates. GroovyGouvy would remember — was it Substrate? Really nice lines and curves, and I think lightly textured sand building up with the lines.... Sigh. I’ve not seen anything like it since.
Hmmm, my oldest is actually Popsicolor. But nice lines and curves??? Was it colour or just like sketch? You are not talking about Etch A Sketch, do you? That was pre-phone. :)

GroovyGouvy i found a pic — it was ‘substrate’. Have you seen it before ?
View attachment 148575

Just checked PopArt. Unfortunately the only Filter it was only worth keeping it for me is GONE!!! Such a shame! Haven’t used it for a long time and you can do so much more now, but the good filter (think it was called pencil or scribble) is gone. Found a pic I once used it on:

80B1BF54-02E1-400E-8322-C39947E1995C.jpeg

Just checked PopArt. Unfortunately the only Filter it was only worth keeping it for me is GONE!!! Such a shame! Haven’t used it for a long time and you can do so much more now, but the good filter (think it was called pencil or scribble) is gone. Found a pic I once used it on:

View attachment 148578

So sad - such a nice app.. Why wouldn’t another dev replicate it? It had good reviews :(

Leaving your mark.
View attachment 148546
aramaC

And now, are you paying attention? The new vector autotrace in Vectornator X. Yes, the first app to make autotrace on iOS. I’ve just done a quick conversion here but you can imagine the implications for you abstractifiers.

View attachment 148545
I would go so far as to say that ImaEngine was the first app to do autotrace on iOS. You could edit the trace within the app and transfer it to a vector app for further changes.

Back
Top Bottom