E1A7A1F3-0F29-4177-8AC3-DBF57B311646.png

Welcome to MobiTog’s
2Weekly APPstract Challenge
:)

Rules:
Interpret the theme however you choose
2. Using apps
3. Tell us something about your interpretation

TWO weeks: Friday to Friday (14 days, roughly)
Winner: judges next round and chooses theme (or no theme) for that round

Please see: Rules & Guidelines for MobiChallenges HERE

This week:
Judge: dscheff Jeffrey
Theme: NIGHT SHIFT

Last edited by a moderator:
5BB529EF-52F5-4D77-95A2-3A9DEEDE8334.jpeg

Sadly missing Dubble app, I’ve been playing a bit with FotoDa, Starzee ’s suggestion. It selects from a nominated album (bonus) and seems to burn the blend a bit (?) So far most of my results go in my ‘backgrounds’ or ‘couple more steps’ folders.

Even though I back up my photos regularly, I feel the need to keep [at least 9k of] them easily available. So some go back to my first iPad. With FotoDa’s particular way of blending, I often have no idea which two images it has picked. (Unlike Dubble and Diana, say, you don’t see the singles and can’t change the random pick).

Last edited:
View attachment 143986

View attachment 143987

Sadly missing Dubble app, I’ve been playing a bit with FotoDa, Starzee ’s suggestion. It selects from a nominated album (bonus) and seems to burn the blend a bit (?) So far most of my results go in my ‘backgrounds’ or ‘couple more steps’ folders.

Even though I back up my photos regularly, I feel the need to keep [at least 9k of] them easily available. So some go back to my first iPad. With FotoDa’s particular way of blending, I often have no idea which two images it has picked. (Unlike Dubble and Diana, say, you don’t see the singles and can’t change the random pick).
I really study the blends I like to try to figure out the qualities of the images and why they work. As, you say, sometimes lm not sure which image they are. I have force myself to be super picky, otherwise I’d have thousands.

Here’s a random squiggle for your amusement, while we wait.

29AF6EC6-63F0-4D20-A196-48D828C70388.jpeg

Our resident psychologist will be analysing the results and making suggestions for your recovery.:lol:

Messing around in IC. Starting a new U3A course for 4 lovely ladies on arting up your photos (men not interest :)) so trying out some stuff. If you are looking for some interesting tutorials try http://creatingbeyondthelayers.blogspot.com/search/label/Mobile Art Mondays. This was as a result of trying out one of them using the Tensor option in IC. Much more to this option than I realised!

Also I was looking for some cheap options and I found that Sketchbook is now free and I’m quite impressed with it. Not too difficult although I’m disappointed that it doesn’t seem to have masking which most of them don’t.

40C352C7-BF60-4982-B097-A54A09298FF0.jpeg

Messing around in IC. Starting a new U3A course for 4 lovely ladies on arting up your photos (men not interest :)) so trying out some stuff. If you are looking for some interesting tutorials try http://creatingbeyondthelayers.blogspot.com/search/label/Mobile Art Mondays. This was as a result of trying out one of them using the Tensor option in IC. Much more to this option than I realised!

Also I was looking for some cheap options and I found that Sketchbook is now free and I’m quite impressed with it. Not too difficult although I’m disappointed that it doesn’t seem to have masking which most of them don’t.

View attachment 144064
It’s a beaut. Just lovely.

The tutorial that came up first (the sunflower) was interesting for several reasons. I’m surprised it took the her a few weeks to produce the final result and, if I was a complete novice, I wouldn’t be able to follow the tute and produce her final result. Where she says “I used Superimpose to create colored overlays using my image and black and white overlays” for instance, or where she layers in Procreate - neither of these are explained nor are they easy. Just as well your class has got you.:notworthy:

View attachment 144064
This is beautiful! Nice find with the tutorials and thanks for sharing. I see my spring break next week will be busy!

Back
Top Bottom