APPstract RESULT: 2WeeklyAPPstract #11

Also I was looking for some cheap options and I found that Sketchbook is now free and I’m quite impressed with it. Not too difficult although I’m disappointed that it doesn’t seem to have masking

Does it have the option (as SketchClub does) of using the various brushes as ‘erasers’ ?

Thank you for sharing the tute — and your creation :notworthy:

And ‘what Jilly said’ about your lucky students. If they like app-stracting, pls recruit them!

Well, I presumed, because he’s so brightly coloured, that he was a he. But as the creator, of course you have the final say.:lol:
I did not have the sexual orientation of fishes in mind when I made it. I thought teal would be sufficiently gender neutral as to not expose a bias one way or the other and to lend a somewhat tropical look. I would really prefer that the fish decides on its own. Besides, it seems in a great many fishes the sexes look alike.

It’s a beaut. Just lovely.

The tutorial that came up first (the sunflower) was interesting for several reasons. I’m surprised it took the her a few weeks to produce the final result and, if I was a complete novice, I wouldn’t be able to follow the tute and produce her final result. Where she says “I used Superimpose to create colored overlays using my image and black and white overlays” for instance, or where she layers in Procreate - neither of these are explained nor are they easy. Just as well your class has got you.:notworthy:
Yes, I do agree that some of them are certainly not for beginners but I think the sunflower one is particularly obscure.

Does it have the option (as SketchClub does) of using the various brushes as ‘erasers’ ?

Thank you for sharing the tute — and your creation :notworthy:

And ‘what Jilly said’ about your lucky students. If they like app-stracting, pls recruit them!
It has two eraser brushes which you can configure - one is hard and the other soft. I did the class yesterday and the students picked it up pretty well. What did make it difficult was that 2 students were using their iPhones and the menus were hidden. I sort of knew I should have experimented with the iPhone version before the class but time stood in the way. The good news is that next week they will all be bringing their iPads, thank goodness!

I would have liked to use SketchClub and three of the students have it because it went free a little while back but the fourth student seems to have a strange aversion to putting new apps on her iPad and she didn’t download two of the apps that went free when I emailed them all. Can’t relate to that :lol:.

It has two eraser brushes which you can configure - one is hard and the other soft. I did the class yesterday and the students picked it up pretty well. What did make it difficult was that 2 students were using their iPhones and the menus were hidden. I sort of knew I should have experimented with the iPhone version before the class but time stood in the way. The good news is that next week they will all be bringing their iPads, thank goodness!

I would have liked to use SketchClub and three of the students have it because it went free a little while back but the fourth student seems to have a strange aversion to putting new apps on her iPad and she didn’t download two of the apps that went free when I emailed them all. Can’t relate to that :lol:.
Me neither! NOT download a potentially cool app? Especially if it’s free?????

IColorama, Procreate, SuperImposeX, Brushstroke, you know the usual suspects......Oh yeah, Decosketch.
13487CA1-CA51-4530-A0C5-13D3F91D46E0.png

IColorama, Procreate, SuperImposeX, Brushstroke, you know the usual suspects......Oh yeah, Decosketch.View attachment 144120
And I love this. Don’t think I’m bonkers, but when I saw it I thought what a beautiful duvet cover it would make. The pillowcases would include the birds. And the sheets would be either the very dark bluey purple or the light purple. I can see it now. :rolleyes:

And I love this. Don’t think I’m bonkers, but when I saw it I thought what a beautiful duvet cover it would make. The pillowcases would include the birds. And the sheets would be either the very dark bluey purple or the light purple. I can see it now. :rolleyes:
Not bonkers at all... I think that’s a fab idea.

Messing around in IC. Starting a new U3A course for 4 lovely ladies on arting up your photos (men not interest :)) so trying out some stuff. If you are looking for some interesting tutorials try http://creatingbeyondthelayers.blogspot.com/search/label/Mobile Art Mondays. This was as a result of trying out one of them using the Tensor option in IC. Much more to this option than I realised!

Also I was looking for some cheap options and I found that Sketchbook is now free and I’m quite impressed with it. Not too difficult although I’m disappointed that it doesn’t seem to have masking which most of them don’t.

View attachment 144064
Just a-mazing Ann. :inlove: :notworthy:

I like that! I’m always trying to figure out how to use my images in sewing. I’m taking a class this summer on transferring images to free form matching embroidery.

I like that! I’m always trying to figure out how to use my images in sewing. I’m taking a class this summer on transferring images to free form matching embroidery.

Jees, y’all know how to make a girl feel inadequate. Rug-hooking, free-basing prayer flags, mittens and bonnets and blankets, teaching iColorama [using iColorama :notworthy:] making your own cheese and elderberry wine, probably age your own balsamic vinegar as well, photography, collage, Dorodango, quilt your own pasta — and now Star is going to stitch her own images into lace handkerchiefs. Sigh. I’m going home.

Jees, y’all know how to make a girl feel inadequate. Rug-hooking, free-basing prayer flags, mittens and bonnets and blankets, teaching iColorama [using iColorama :notworthy:] making your own cheese and elderberry wine, probably age your own balsamic vinegar as well, photography, collage, Dorodango, quilt your own pasta — and now Star is going to stitch her own images into lace handkerchiefs. Sigh. I’m going home.
:lmao: Who told you about my own balsamic vinegar-making?

Back
Top Bottom