APPstract RESULT: 2WeeklyAPPstract #11

Shifting [night] tides

6AD77D30-213A-4581-B089-C85249355FBD.jpeg

A re-work of a very old image from an Instagram [used to be daily] challenge. App-something . . . Oh dear, I used to do it every day.

32BDF30E-133C-46BE-BED5-78FF4908178F.jpeg

Red Harvest
(apologies to Dashiell Hammett)
FotoDa provided a start, then Leonardo for a buncha layering, masking, and blending, next ACDSee to play with lighting, and finally iColorama for some styles to try to make it look like all one piece.

View attachment 144230

Red Harvest
(apologies to Dashiell Hammett)
FotoDa provided a start, then Leonardo for a buncha layering, masking, and blending, next ACDSee to play with lighting, and finally iColorama for some styles to try to make it look like all one piece.

I think he’d see it as a compliment — and imho it absolutely looks like one piece. Brilliant :notworthy:

I don’t know how it is in other corners of the world: over here things slow right down over the Easter break. It’s like ‘after this the year starts in earnest’. Plus 75% of the population heads ‘down south’ to ‘get away from it all’. So dscheff I am closing this 2week’s thread, but if you are getting away from it all, please take your own good time picking your favourite ‘Night Shift’ APPstracts :)

I don’t know how it is in other corners of the world: over here things slow right down over the Easter break. It’s like ‘after this the year starts in earnest’. Plus 75% of the population heads ‘down south’ to ‘get away from it all’. So dscheff I am closing this 2week’s thread, but if you are getting away from it all, please take your own good time picking your favourite ‘Night Shift’ APPstracts :)
We are headed to Mexico in the morning. I will have WiFi so will be able to connect Tonight we are going to see Hamlet at our Shakespeare Tavern in Atlanta. Busy life lol

OK. Finally got time to go through these and pick out what I think best represents the "Night Shift" Theme.

My first choice goes to Zenjenny for Shifting [night] tides: This image reminds me of a dream I had right down to the color and mood. The solitary figure with the shadow gives this image a spatial feel, almost like a mirage one sees :)

My second choice goes to JillyG for Nightshift: This is a deliciously spooky image of what looks like a man about to give birth. O like the texture of this image and what look like blue eyes. In fact the more I stare at this the more I seem to find :thumbs:

My third choice goes to RoseCat's "Indiana Jones": This is almost like being in a kaleidoscope. I can well imagine everything turning or shifting to create new patterns :thumbs:

Kudos to all the other entries. I'm always amazed at the quality and creativity of this group. Well done everyone and thank you all for your patience :):inlove:

OK. Finally got time to go through these and pick out what I think best represents the "Night Shift" Theme.

My first choice goes to Zenjenny for Shifting [night] tides: This image reminds me of a dream I had right down to the color and mood. The solitary figure with the shadow gives this image a spatial feel, almost like a mirage one sees :)

My second choice goes to JillyG for Nightshift: This is a deliciously spooky image of what looks like a man about to give birth. O like the texture of this image and what look like blue eyes. In fact the more I stare at this the more I seem to find :thumbs:

My third choice goes to RoseCat's "Indiana Jones": This is almost like being in a kaleidoscope. I can well imagine everything turning or shifting to create new patterns :thumbs:

Kudos to all the other entries. I'm always amazed at the quality and creativity of this group. Well done everyone and thank you all for your patience :):inlove:
Great job Jeffrey. Well done Jen - that is a beautiful beautiful image. Thank you for my second. I’m delighted to be the jam in a Jen and Catherine sandwich. Nice one Catherine too.:thumbs: So Jen gets to choose what we attempt next.

dscheff Jeffrey you know you are one of my main MobiTog inspirations (the abstract work: I don’t even think about the stunning still life flowers etc) and any praise from you has be giggling like a schoolgirl and tossing back my pigtailsfor a week :inlove:

So thank you :notworthy: *toss* *giggle*
And what JillyG said re Catherine’s image — Except, at the risk of re-igniting the scone/biscuit debate, them yankees prob don’t know what jam is. For the longest time (decades) I wondered why Americans put blancmange on peanut butter :barf:

For the longest time (decades) I wondered why Americans put blancmange on peanut butter
None of us know what blancmange is, but some of us put jelly on peanut butter. All of us know what jam is and in or on what it is to be put (unless it is "jam for adults" -- AKA chutney -- in which case the list is different).

I’m delighted to be the jam in a Jen and Catherine sandwich.
And what @JillyG said re Catherine’s image — Except, at the risk of re-igniting the scone/biscuit debate, them yankees prob don’t know what jam is. For the longest time (decades) I wondered why Americans put blancmange on peanut butter :barf:
:lol: :thumbs: :lol:
Well, I prefer jam over jelly. :mobibabe:

Congrats zenjenny Jen! Beautiful piece and a deserving win. :inlove: And a “Whoohoo!!” to you, Jilly. dscheff Jeffrey, I’m so happy you liked my image and honored to be in such esteemed company.

Back
Top Bottom