• > STAY HOME & STAY SAFE! Dear MobiMembers - We are all aware of the current and serious situation the World is facing right now! We will not repeat what is already said, save to say we hope you will all heed the warnings, stay safe, look after yourselves and others and remain well. As much as we are able, let's all help each other to stay sane in our social distancing/isolation and face this thing down. Much love 'n hugs, Rog, Matt and all your MobiStaff... x x <

RESULT 2WeeklyAPPstract #14

zenjenny

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
B60FD930-ACCC-479E-9FA0-8783AF583C19.jpeg

Welcome to MobiTog’s
2Weekly APPstract Challenge
:)

Rules:
1. Interpret the theme however you choose
2. Using apps
3. Tell us something about your interpretation

TWO weeks: Friday to Friday (14 days, roughly)
Winner: judges next round and chooses theme (or no theme) for that round

Please see: Rules & Guidelines for MobiChallenges HERE

This week:

Judge: GroovyGouvy
THEME: Two Colours

Last edited:

zenjenny

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
506AF6EE-D366-4BCD-B8CF-4D6F54B5EC63.jpeg

SketchClub brushes in red black & white. Once through BeCasso oil #2 for a bit of density. (Am I right to think images straight out of a sketch app can look quite ‘flat’?

Last edited:

zenjenny

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
132C0E93-BAA9-47A3-BC4C-BC12FD77CDBD.jpeg

Mixerpiece Union and addLib S.

I love Mixerpiece, but it drives me nuts trying to manoeuvre and resize the pieces. And maybe it’s my screen (or my brain) but I’m constantly moving piece X when I want to move piece Y. Please tell me I’m not alone.

Anyway I got frustrated trying to construct a planned piece in Mixerpiece so I just filled the page with random selections. I ‘burned’ on a blue layer in Union and quite liked the contrasts that came up. addLib S (my current Diana) fragmented and posterised it a bit.

Last edited:

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365
View attachment 145615

I love Mixerpiece, but it drives me nuts trying to manoeuvre and resize the pieces. And maybe it’s my screen (or my brain) but I’m constantly moving piece X when I want to move piece Y. Please tell me I’m not alone.

Anyway I got frustrated trying to construct a planned piece in Mixerpiece so I just filled the page with random selections. I ‘burned’ on a blue layer in Union and quite liked the contrasts that came up. addLib S (my current Diana) fragmented and posterised it a bit.

View attachment 145616
Gee, LOVE these pieces particularly the blue one!

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
You are not alone. I stopped using it because of its frustrating limitations... but you’ve overcome and gone beyond those limitations, creating amazing art! :notworthy:

This is FABULOUS!! :inlove: :notworthy:

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
View attachment 145615

View attachment 145616
Love them both - I’d have these on my walls!

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
View attachment 145614

SketchClub brushes in red black & white. Once through BeCasso oil #2 for a bit of density. (Am I right to think images straight out of a sketch app can look quite ‘flat’?
Hahhhaaaa! You were reading my mind!!! I just said: the new theme is “Two Colours”. Details see #13. I don’t know how much I have to explain, but this one counts in. :thumbs: :lol:

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
View attachment 145615

View attachment 145616
And this one counts, too. Wonderful blue. The full colour is out. :lol:

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
And so would this (all shades of purple and black)

8A282EE5-CA25-4223-989D-DAC5251B1CBC.jpeg

And that (all shades of the chosen pink with all shades of grey)

50923B31-BA49-4AF8-A26F-A6004F258A35.jpeg

Helpful might be an app like Color Accent. Abstractify first and then pic your colour. ;)

PS: this photo is so abstract in itself that there was no need change the picture, just the colour.

Last edited:

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Okay, I was blind, but now I see. :) thank you.
Is the mix thing part of union now? When I checked, I found they have monthly fees or more. :fearscream:
Do this happen with updates?! I wish there would be buttons saying never actualise this or that app. Update all is just too convenient.

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Is the mix thing part of union now? When I checked, I found they have monthly fees or more. :fearscream:
Do this happen with updates?! I wish there would be buttons saying never actualise this or that app. Update all is just too convenient.
I’ve deleted Union, probably for that reason. I used Diana on this one. zenjenny Jen used Union, so she might be able to say.

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I don’t pay monthly fees for Union?? I did buy it sometime back. I can’t see that it doesn’t have all the editing options. I like it because if you mess around with the controls you get some surprising results - better than Diana because you can place layers where you want them and change the blend mode and lots more.

C6E89BF2-0194-4143-B60B-71A9E0B17164.jpeg

Union and I can’t remember the app I did the spiky lines in. Anybody recognise this?

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I don’t pay monthly fees for Union?? I did buy it sometime back. I can’t see that it doesn’t have all the editing options. I like it because if you mess around with the controls you get some surprising results - better than Diana because you can place layers where you want them and change the blend mode and lots more.

View attachment 145667
Union and I can’t remember the app I did the spiky lines in. Anybody recognise this?
I went back to the App Store and reloaded Union again and when I opened it up it all came flooding back. I very rarely used it. I’ll have another look now you’ve both reminded me. :thumbs:

zenjenny

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus

Mix thing ? Mixerpiece ? Separate app, iPad only. Pixite seems to have gone subscription on all their apps while I wasn’t looking. A$50/year for Union. Seems such a big leap from $5 for the app. I want to support good devs/apps . . . but . . . seems such a big leap. Why not $10 for the app and it expires after a year? Pigment has been subscription forever - I think A$14/week o_O

zenjenny

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus

View attachment 145667
SketchClub or Procreate brush?

zenjenny

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
23487D34-9867-4007-A45F-D53960248138.jpeg

I’m ‘doing a series’ of addLib S edits from some of my favourite creations. I’ve got about five now in the Art Theory series, and soon as I can think of another two word name I’ll start another series :mobibabe: I feel terribly artistic, having series. Series series series. Rolls off the tongue. :mobibabe: :mobibabe:

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I went back to the App Store and reloaded Union again and when I opened it up it all came flooding back. I very rarely used it. I’ll have another look now you’ve both reminded me. :thumbs:
Its really good for layering, but if I do I use Photoshop Mix instead. Maybe because of the subscription reason. If it’s paid before they should leave the subscriptions to those who didn’t. :( but I must have a closer look before I doom them. :)