B60FD930-ACCC-479E-9FA0-8783AF583C19.jpeg

Welcome to MobiTog’s
2Weekly APPstract Challenge
:)

Rules:
1. Interpret the theme however you choose
2. Using apps
3. Tell us something about your interpretation

TWO weeks: Friday to Friday (14 days, roughly)
Winner: judges next round and chooses theme (or no theme) for that round

Please see: Rules & Guidelines for MobiChallenges HERE

This week:

Judge: GroovyGouvy
THEME: Two Colours

Last edited by a moderator:
132C0E93-BAA9-47A3-BC4C-BC12FD77CDBD.jpeg

Mixerpiece Union and addLib S.

I love Mixerpiece, but it drives me nuts trying to manoeuvre and resize the pieces. And maybe it’s my screen (or my brain) but I’m constantly moving piece X when I want to move piece Y. Please tell me I’m not alone.

Anyway I got frustrated trying to construct a planned piece in Mixerpiece so I just filled the page with random selections. I ‘burned’ on a blue layer in Union and quite liked the contrasts that came up. addLib S (my current Diana) fragmented and posterised it a bit.

Last edited:
View attachment 145615

I love Mixerpiece, but it drives me nuts trying to manoeuvre and resize the pieces. And maybe it’s my screen (or my brain) but I’m constantly moving piece X when I want to move piece Y. Please tell me I’m not alone.

Anyway I got frustrated trying to construct a planned piece in Mixerpiece so I just filled the page with random selections. I ‘burned’ on a blue layer in Union and quite liked the contrasts that came up. addLib S (my current Diana) fragmented and posterised it a bit.

View attachment 145616
Gee, LOVE these pieces particularly the blue one!

You are not alone. I stopped using it because of its frustrating limitations... but you’ve overcome and gone beyond those limitations, creating amazing art! :notworthy:

This is FABULOUS!! :inlove: :notworthy:

View attachment 145615

View attachment 145616
Love them both - I’d have these on my walls!

View attachment 145614

SketchClub brushes in red black & white. Once through BeCasso oil #2 for a bit of density. (Am I right to think images straight out of a sketch app can look quite ‘flat’?
Hahhhaaaa! You were reading my mind!!! I just said: the new theme is “Two Colours”. Details see #13. I don’t know how much I have to explain, but this one counts in. :thumbs: :lol:

View attachment 145615

View attachment 145616
And this one counts, too. Wonderful blue. The full colour is out. :lol:

And so would this (all shades of purple and black)

8A282EE5-CA25-4223-989D-DAC5251B1CBC.jpeg

And that (all shades of the chosen pink with all shades of grey)

50923B31-BA49-4AF8-A26F-A6004F258A35.jpeg

Helpful might be an app like Color Accent. Abstractify first and then pic your colour. ;)

PS: this photo is so abstract in itself that there was no need change the picture, just the colour.

Last edited:
Okay, I was blind, but now I see. :) thank you.
Is the mix thing part of union now? When I checked, I found they have monthly fees or more. :fearscream:
Do this happen with updates?! I wish there would be buttons saying never actualise this or that app. Update all is just too convenient.
I’ve deleted Union, probably for that reason. I used Diana on this one. zenjenny Jen used Union, so she might be able to say.

Is the mix thing part of union now? When I checked, I found they have monthly fees or more. :fearscream:
Do this happen with updates?! I wish there would be buttons saying never actualise this or that app. Update all is just too convenient.
I don’t pay monthly fees for Union?? I did buy it sometime back. I can’t see that it doesn’t have all the editing options. I like it because if you mess around with the controls you get some surprising results - better than Diana because you can place layers where you want them and change the blend mode and lots more.

C6E89BF2-0194-4143-B60B-71A9E0B17164.jpeg

Union and I can’t remember the app I did the spiky lines in. Anybody recognise this?

I don’t pay monthly fees for Union?? I did buy it sometime back. I can’t see that it doesn’t have all the editing options. I like it because if you mess around with the controls you get some surprising results - better than Diana because you can place layers where you want them and change the blend mode and lots more.

View attachment 145667
Union and I can’t remember the app I did the spiky lines in. Anybody recognise this?
I went back to the App Store and reloaded Union again and when I opened it up it all came flooding back. I very rarely used it. I’ll have another look now you’ve both reminded me. :thumbs:

Mix thing ? Mixerpiece ? Separate app, iPad only. Pixite seems to have gone subscription on all their apps while I wasn’t looking. A$50/year for Union. Seems such a big leap from $5 for the app. I want to support good devs/apps . . . but . . . seems such a big leap. Why not $10 for the app and it expires after a year? Pigment has been subscription forever - I think A$14/week o_O

View attachment 145667
SketchClub or Procreate brush?

23487D34-9867-4007-A45F-D53960248138.jpeg

I’m ‘doing a series’ of addLib S edits from some of my favourite creations. I’ve got about five now in the Art Theory series, and soon as I can think of another two word name I’ll start another series :mobibabe: I feel terribly artistic, having series. Series series series. Rolls off the tongue. :mobibabe: :mobibabe:

I went back to the App Store and reloaded Union again and when I opened it up it all came flooding back. I very rarely used it. I’ll have another look now you’ve both reminded me. :thumbs:

Its really good for layering, but if I do I use Photoshop Mix instead. Maybe because of the subscription reason. If it’s paid before they should leave the subscriptions to those who didn’t. :( but I must have a closer look before I doom them. :)

Back
Top Bottom