APPstract RESULT: 2WeeklyAPPstract #17 7-21 July

Well-spotted!

But I was wrong! Because ImageArt Ann mentioned OverCam I remembered the same dev did the ScanCamera, which is a Slit Cam. I just tried it scanning my desk, shoved the image through Spektrel Art, Superphoto and PS Fix and – tadaa – The Alien Dance was born. :) So i indeed posted another picture before closing. :lol:

37C0B161-C8AA-462B-AB24-8802277E76C7.jpeg

Well, zenjenny nailed me on IG and asked why I’m not posting abstracts here...so here I am, attempting to post a few of my abstracts here - I don’t do well with change so the new-&-improved site has thrown me a bit...I hope I’m in the right spot...
View attachment 147371
This is a grassy dip filled with rain water. I know I ran it through Snapseed and Decim8...I think there was another app, but I forget the name(s).
And another..
.View attachment 147373
This one went through percolator.
Glad you found this space!! :hearteyes:

*raises hand*

Cat, do you remember how ATC’s started? Artist Trading Cards? I’m imagining a slightly larger version: MobiTog Trading Cards :hearteyecat:

There are Artist Trading Cards?! Not im my country – or are we talking DIY?
MTTC? How do you think they would look like? An MT frame and different … images? Members? ???
Anyway it sounds interesting. :)

Thank you all who participated in #17, whether by comment, chat or image :notworthy: :inlove: :)
Welcome Ryn S (finally :rolleyes:) - very glad to have you here :thumbs:
FundyBrian thanks for update and hope your router-ed finger is soon back in APPstract action!
ValeriGail we live in hope! :mobibabe:

Starzee thought ‘no theme’ would make her judging easier, so no doubt she will be back with her favourite/s in two shakes of an, er, what was that thing?

And #18 awaits a starting image here !

There are Artist Trading Cards?! Not im my country – or are we talking DIY?
MTTC? How do you think they would look like? An MT frame and different … images? Members? ???
Anyway it sounds interesting. :)
Just google it. It's usually a group of artists who are into the same sort of art. So all fabric or all mixed media. Mostly in the US.

First let me say, zenjenny Jen, I didn’t think not having a theme would make judging easier, I thought it would make thinking of a theme easier. :D Judging is not easy, ever. This week is not exception. I came up with a three way tie and that was painful. After reviewing these a couple of thousand times, I’m posting the results before I change my mind again.

In first is sinnerjohn The Upside Down (say, that would have been a good theme!) I love the negative space minimalist-ness of it. Very nice work.
F0299FF7-9FF2-4712-A666-83A8B4C5C239.png

In second is ImageArt Ronda Spain. Very impressionistic, but I see umbrellas and a cityscape. I just love it.
CA6D7938-CEB7-4926-B9E0-B246B37B38AC.png

Third is zenjenny Lady. What’s not to love? Minimalist, conservation of color .... :hearteyes: !
0A13F223-6260-4A0F-B682-3AC511A9D150.png

And a huge shout out to Ryn S!! Welcome and don’t stop posting!!

First let me say, zenjenny Jen, I didn’t think not having a theme would make judging easier, I thought it would make thinking of a theme easier. :D Judging is not easy, ever. This week is not exception. I came up with a three way tie and that was painful. After reviewing these a couple of thousand times, I’m posting the results before I change my mind again.

In first is sinnerjohn The Upside Down (say, that would have been a good theme!) I love the negative space minimalist-ness of it. Very nice work.
View attachment 147444
In second is ImageArt Ronda Spain. Very impressionistic, but I see umbrellas and a cityscape. I just love it.
View attachment 147445
Third is zenjenny Lady. What’s not to love? Minimalist, conservation of color .... :hearteyes: !
View attachment 147446

Ooh, I say - that’s something John can put on his photography resumé! Well done John, that’s a beautiful image, whatever genre you put it in. Big appstract hugs to ImageArt Ann and zenjenny Jen - both lovely images and so different. Yes, welcome Ryn S - let’s see more of you here please. :thumbs:

View attachment 147444
View attachment 147445
View attachment 147446

Well done, Star. And good work, O’ Abstract Artist sinnerjohn John!! Well deserved... your piece is sublime.

High fives ImageArt Ann and zenjenny Jen!

This trio of winners could easily be in a *legit* art show (not saying this isn’t legit, but you know what I’m saying :mobibabe: )

Ohhhh thank you Star, I really don't deserve it :oops:
placed above Ann and Jen....... maybe I don't need that iPhone after all ;)
Always an interesting corner of MobiTog, one that embarrassingly doesn't often have my images. Maybe I'll become a regular Abbstracist now!
Well done all :thumbs:

placed above Ann and Jen....... maybe I don't need that iPhone after all ;)

Congrats, John - that’s a beautiful piece and I am well pleased for my image to be third to its first.

(And to ImageArt Ann’s second :hearteyecat:)

Maybe I'll become a regular Abbstracist now!

:thumbs: (We knew we’d eventually win you over to the dark arts :) )

Back
Top Bottom