APPstract RESULT: 2WeeklyAPPstract #18 19July-2August

Vectornator is really a nice tool on the mobile, VEEEEEERRRRRY inconvenient and awkward. It took me ages for one image – what I can do in Illustrator in half an hour.
To find out how it works is part of it. After the cat I knew at least how to do gradients. Now at the dog I even found a way to change the range … but it's all really complicated and you see nothing until you closed all the menus you have to go through to just change a colour of a tool. Well, at least I found I can also do a dog. In the darkest shades I've ever done. And because in the end it looks like a paperback cover I put the title in on my old phone that luckily runs still on iOS 10, because OVLA still works on 12, but because it doesn't appear in the list of privacy (same with glaze and so many other apps), you can't grant access to photos to save – though it easily picks from it. :angry::angry::angry:

Anyway here is the dog of my darkest hour:

View attachment 147633

On Xmax: Vectornator, on 6s+: OVLA
Have you tried Affinity Designer on iPad? Very much like illustrator. As yet it doesn’t have a photo-to-vector converter but I wouldn’t be surprised if that is combing soon. I also have the desktop version for Mac and I even did a commercial project (a town tourist map) using it instead of Illustrator. It’s was handy to be able to display a project from my Mac on my iPad for a client meeting. Although, the iPad version doesn’t have every feature that is on the desktop version.
One place it is different from Illustrator, in addition to the vector layers it also has photo layers so it is like Photoshop & Illustrator combined.

Annexed
20190728_130929-01.jpeg

Have you tried Affinity Designer on iPad? Very much like illustrator. As yet it doesn’t have a photo-to-vector converter but I wouldn’t be surprised if that is combing soon. I also have the desktop version for Mac and I even did a commercial project (a town tourist map) using it instead of Illustrator. It’s was handy to be able to display a project from my Mac on my iPad for a client meeting. Although, the iPad version doesn’t have every feature that is on the desktop version.
One place it is different from Illustrator, in addition to the vector layers it also has photo layers so it is like Photoshop & Illustrator combined.
Yes I do. The pity is that I always have my phone in my pocket, but not the pad. And I always wanted to start doing something with the Affinity apps, but I can't get me turning on the iPad. Wish I could use the blinking pencil on the phone. Would be a big help, but it's highly ignored by Apple. If I had met Steve jobs back then I would have told him that is is indeed a further step to chose to use finger AND/OR pencil. His customers might not all have piano player fingers and many women longer nails than his. It's at least as good to have the option as rounded corners. :angry:

Yes I do. The pity is that I always have my phone in my pocket, but not the pad. And I always wanted to start doing something with the Affinity apps, but I can't get me turning on the iPad. Wish I could use the blinking pencil on the phone. Would be a big help, but it's highly ignored by Apple. If I had met Steve jobs back then I would have told him that is is indeed a further step to chose to use finger AND/OR pencil. His customers might not all have piano player fingers and many women longer nails than his. It's at least as good to have the option as rounded corners. :angry:
I agree. I keep moving toward larger iPhones so I can see what I’m doing better, but it sure would be sweet to be able to edit with pointy pencil. They’re going to have to make a more compact one that can fit in my pocket, though.

Wonderful backdrop and any time I look at it I see other things. Nevertheless a title would be helpful. Just to give us an idea what you see. :)
Thanks!
Nowadays, I tend not to title my abstracts.... I don't want to *sway* anyone to see a certain thing.

Back
Top Bottom