APPstract RESULT: 2WeeklyAPPstract #23 October

WHAT?????? :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

....and wow your diptych is beautiful!

Isn’t it?!? :inlove:

And in the previous APPstract thread I asked terse how he did the SandCam thing. As far as I’ve been able to follow his process so far, I think you move into Warrior 3 (virabhadrasana III), with the addition of phone camera balanced on the extended leg (unknown) and then, using one or more toes, swipe something in the app (Lord of the Dance: natarajasana) . . . . . . after which it all became a bit unclear bcs I fell over ([a particularly graceless rendition of] savasana :feet:).

Can you fill the gaps?

It's not very arty or appstract, but I love the slightly goofy smile FaceApp put on this mask.

33912257-13F4-47D6-B02B-3A778F2B5C67.jpeg

I don’t know, I’m pretty stumped on this one. Jen, it’s just way to intellectual. You have to let your hair down and be sympathetic to mere mortals like me. I feel like I have to go out and do some research and a thesis before I can get anything suitable. o_O:sleep:

I don’t know, I’m pretty stumped on this one. Jen, it’s just way to intellectual. You have to let your hair down and be sympathetic to mere mortals like me. I feel like I have to go out and do some research and a thesis before I can get anything suitable. o_O:sleep:
You ARE joking Ann? o_O You, of all people, who produce such fantastic collages! You’re overthinking it. Put two of your fabulous images that might or might not have a link together in Diptic and, presto! It’s us mere mortals that have to try and keep up.:D Throw loads of doubles at Jen and see if any stick.:thumbs:

You ARE joking Ann? o_O You, of all people, who produce such fantastic collages! You’re overthinking it. Put two of your fabulous images that might or might not have a link together in Diptic and, presto! It’s us mere mortals that have to try and keep up.:D Throw loads of doubles at Jen and see if any stick.:thumbs:
Maybe I am over thinking it but the brain cells just aren’t working on this one yet. Getting a juxtaposition is one thing but then making an abstract that remains clear is another. If I let my brain cogitate on it over a couple of days maybe something will come out of the tangle of neurons.

Intellectual? Did you see the Dr Seuss example? Or any of the egs I posted on Pinterest???
Two images linked by a similarity or a difference. sheesh. Give me and JillyG access to your cache for an hour and I’ll lay money we come up with 40 that everyone in the group will like.

And don’t listen to sinnerjohn - it’s his job to complain about everything. And he does it so well. Who else do you know who could find a problem in ‘two images that are either the same or different’ ??? :lmao:

Intellectual? Did you see the Dr Seuss example? Or any of the egs I posted on Pinterest???
Two images linked by a similarity or a difference. sheesh. Give me and JillyG access to your cache for an hour and I’ll lay money we come up with 40 that everyone in the group will like.

And don’t listen to sinnerjohn - it’s his job to complain about everything. And he does it so well. Who else do you know who could find a problem in ‘two images that are either the same or different’ ??? :lmao:
Look at Pinterest? You see, yes, RESEARCH. I did, I did. But I look at most of the entries here and I totally can’t see the juxtaposition.

So tell me JillyG , how is a book on medicine and medicine bottles in contrast? I see that as similar.

Look at Pinterest? You see, yes, RESEARCH. I did, I did. But I look at most of the entries here and I totally can’t see the juxtaposition.

So tell me JillyG , how is a book on medicine and medicine bottles in contrast? I see that as similar.

Juxtaposition highlights sameness and/or difference.

Two images, paired in a way that draws attention to either the similarities or the differences of the images. The same tree in opposite seasons, two halves of a married couple, two moments in time, same palette different picture. An image and a poem. Landscape, architecture, portraits. . .

Back
Top Bottom