APPstract RESULT: 2WeeklyAPPstract #23 October

Imaginary in the Stephen Hawking sense.
PRIO-Watch-Stephen-Hawking-appearance-on-the-The-Simpsons-01.jpeg

Well I tried, but I'm afraid I’m too close to Board exams to maintain coherent thoughts about anything much (including Board exams, which is a bit of a worry :alien: ) All the diptychs I imagined ready to flow onto the page iPad we’re just playing with me.

And I should have listened to our JillyG (who btw is always right, damnit) and closed the thread when she suggested I close the thread. Although the extension did allow for Starzee ’s and rizole ‘s magnificent contributions.

so *cough* I now *cough* declare Jilly right I mean this thread closed, and call on myself to choose my favourites. In my own good time of course.

and I think I might change the Roolz again to allow the judging person to close the thread whenever s/he feels like it. Now that would be abstract.

4BFD82FB-03AE-4A24-BD8A-4202195AE089.jpeg

My pick for first is terse Ted’s ‘Angels fear’ because the twinned image does every single thing i had in mind with ‘juxtaposition‘. The diptych foregrounds similarities & differences of theme, colour, pattern, shape, form and content. Bonus points for literary title. For me, a title is an additional layer of possible meaning - an additional invitation to ‘look again’ at the image. Clever and beautiful :notworthy:

Equal seconds are Starzee (you’re on fire, girl) and JillyG (also shows no sign of slowing down her creative evolution) for every single contribution they made. Seriously. I don’t know what yr on, Star, but I want some. Every. Single. Image.

Jilly, your very clever walking piece, your bird/birdbath piece, your butterfly piece — textbook exemplars of various elements of the form.

A gorgeous third to David for his gloriously vibrant, beautifully artfully-edited buildings.

HMs to rizole for his rizole-ness, John for his John-ness.

and thanks everyone for humouring me (I still want to create those diptychs :))

View attachment 151039

My pick for first is terse Ted’s ‘Angels fear’ because the twinned image does every single thing i had in mind with ‘juxtaposition‘. The diptych foregrounds similarities & differences of theme, colour, pattern, shape, form and content. Bonus points for literary title. For me, a title is an additional layer of possible meaning - an additional invitation to ‘look again’ at the image. Clever and beautiful :notworthy:

Equal seconds are Starzee (you’re on fire, girl) and JillyG (also shows no sign of slowing down her creative evolution) for every single contribution they made. Seriously. I don’t know what yr on, Star, but I want some. Every. Single. Image.

Jilly, your very clever walking piece, your bird/birdbath piece, your butterfly piece — textbook exemplars of various elements of the form.

A gorgeous third to @deepop David for his gloriously vibrant, beautifully artfully-edited buildings.

Congratulations terse Ted - that‘s a gorgeous diptych. There’s a hint of mystery and intrigue, and vague menace with the fortune teller and the Exit sign. Super. I’m am thrilled and honoured to be side-by-side with Starzee Star on the podium in second. All of Star’s diptychs were wonderful. High fives to deepop David for his third place - I love your images of buildings in whatever guise. Hugs to rizole Rizole and sinnerjohn John for being themselves. :lol: We all appreciate that!

Yay, Ted. I loved your Faces and Heron diptychs as well. Jilly, the walking piece gave me an out of body experience. Star, you the abstract queen, with or without FotoDa. Thanks, Jen, for the third place.

View attachment 151039

A gorgeous third to David for his gloriously vibrant, beautifully artfully-edited buildings.

Thank you for the second shared with the most talented JillyG !

Back
Top Bottom