Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
C4F58CFB-C4A2-4694-9E01-F64C399EF32E.jpeg

Welcome to MobiTog’s 2Weekly APPstract Challenge :)

Rules: 1. Interpret the theme however you choose. 2. Use apps. 3. Tell us something about your interpretation

TWO WEEKS OR MAYBE MORE/LESS: Friday to Friday. Or maybe Saturday. Or Sunday. (14 days, roughly unless the theme judge changes his/her mind..
Winner: judges next round and chooses theme (or no theme) for that round

Please see: Rules & Guidelines for MobiChallenges HERE

This week:
Judge: zenjenny Jen

Theme: DIPTYCHS aka JUXTAPOSITION ! ! !

Last edited by a moderator:
zenjenny Jen, do we you have a theme you’d like us to work on?:)

Jilly, I would dearly love to see lots and lots of different types of diptychs ! ! !

And since no one has asked :mobibabe: here are some random links to the imo fascinating sacred and secular history of the diptych: art-ish, Wiki, NYT, Brittanica, art, Dr Seuss.

The type of diptych I have in mind is about (one of my favourite-est words) J U X T A P O S I T I O N.

Two images, paired in a way that draws attention to either the similarities or the differences of the images. The same tree in opposite seasons, two halves of a married couple, two moments in time, same palette different picture. An image and a poem. Landscape, architecture, portraits,

I like best the diptychs that make the viewer think a bit to discover the theme or effect of the juxtapositioning. But then I overthink everything :oops: o_O :alien:

PS: I’ve put some fairly random egs on a Pinterest board. Because I like putting things on Pinterest boards.

Jilly, I would dearly love to see lots and lots of different types of diptychs ! ! !

And since no one has asked :mobibabe: here are some random links to the imo fascinating sacred and secular history of the diptych: art-ish, Wiki, NYT, Brittanica, art, Dr Seuss.

The type of diptych I have in mind is about (one of my favourite-est words) J U X T A P O S I T I O N.

Two images, paired in a way that draws attention to either the similarities or the differences of the images. The same tree in opposite seasons, two halves of a married couple, two moments in time, same palette different picture. An image and a poem. Landscape, architecture, portraits,

I like best the diptychs that make the viewer think a bit to discover the theme or effect of the juxtapositioning. But then I overthink everything :oops: o_O :alien:

PS: I’ve put some fairly random egs on a Pinterest board. Because I like putting things on Pinterest boards.
This is not so abstract then?

This is not so abstract then?

As abstract as you want it to be, John :thumbs: (And there are several million examples in the multitudes of links I’ve posted).

Btw, à propos nothing: have you seen Picasso’s famous bull lithographs? I’d be interested to hear iyo at which lithograph the image becomes ‘abstract’.

A83E1515-FC31-416C-9B61-A98831513CAF.jpeg

As abstract as you want it to be, John :thumbs: (And there are several million examples in the multitudes of links I’ve posted).

Btw, à propos nothing: have you seen Picasso’s famous bull lithographs? I’d be interested to hear iyo at which lithograph the image becomes ‘abstract’.

View attachment 150096
the bottom right is pretty abstract :rolleyes:
still the problem of how to make a diptych though?

still the problem of how to make a diptych though
Does android have the app Diptic? Or search your App Store... any app that allows 2 images to be next to each other.

Diptic is a bit annoying as you need to upload 2 images to the 4-square option, save it, then crop out the bottom squares. But it works.

2DFC2F95-00BE-4A83-907D-CE8C65895948.jpeg

Love it. :thumbs:

Does android have the app Diptic? Or search your App Store... any app that allows 2 images to be next to each other.

Diptic is a bit annoying as you need to upload 2 images to the 4-square option, save it, then crop out the bottom squares. But it works.

View attachment 150101
If you select the two-image layout just to the right of the four-image one you have circled, you can then choose Aspect and adjust the aspect ratio of the two images so that they don't have to be tall and thin. If you push the slider to the right, you can get two square images side by side that way.

7FB91AA6-CACB-4512-8A3B-D1E250AF6304.jpeg

If you select the two-image layout just to the right of the four-image one you have circled, you can then choose Aspect and adjust the aspect ratio of the two images so that they don't have to be tall and thin. If you push the slider to the right, you can get two square images side by side that way.

View attachment 150105

The simultaneous repetition and difference of colour and texture there makes for a nice diptych :inlove:

but.....but....... you're advising me to purchase an app that doesn't work properly :zip:

Diptic works perfectly, you grouch - Cat is saying if you want to hack its as-described function it’s ‘a bit annoying’ by which I assume she means time-consuming.

I also like AutoCollage, which will join any number of images in random (conservative) configurations.

Sorrow

94CC3A99-AA45-4915-85FF-6459F8CF5E86.jpeg

From a FotoDa image, different bits cropped (SnapSeed) and overlayed (Union), paired in AutoCollage.

I saw both sorrow and a beautiful compassion in this image - harder than I thought to isolate the two parts in ways that offered that sorrow/compassion theme, and I’m not fully satisfied with the result.

And, Ithought I’d done a 16:9 and a 5:4 crop . . . Uh, maybe I did but I didn’t allow for the fit/fill option in AutoCollage. I’ll be back :thumbs:

‘Original’ (ie the FotoDa DE I used):

AF283B86-1FD5-467C-B7EB-06F172F16615.jpeg

View attachment 150105
WHAT?????? :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

....and wow your diptych is beautiful!

Sorrow

View attachment 150108

From a FotoDa image, different bits cropped (SnapSeed) and overlayed (Union), paired in AutoCollage.

I saw both sorrow and a beautiful compassion in this image - harder than I thought to isolate the two parts in ways that offered that sorrow/compassion theme, and I’m not fully satisfied with the result.

And, Ithought I’d done a 16:9 and a 5:4 crop . . . Uh, maybe I did but I didn’t allow for the fit/fill option in AutoCollage. I’ll be back :thumbs:

‘Original’ (ie the FotoDa DE I used):

View attachment 150109
Beautiful.... ❤️

Back
Top Bottom