APPstract RESULT: 2WeeklyAPPstract #23 October

Bird Bath

254E0B59-2B89-4CD0-B77C-A82EC9370C8B.jpeg

Diptic, iColorama

I’m besotted with the, er, bottom image? Is any part of this whole discernible as a specific image from your cache? (Ie that you could/would share with me? :inlove:)
Okay, I’ve spent an hour or so looking through my 8,000 images and I can’t find one that could be the bottom part.
I thought it was this one.
C746027E-4EA2-4894-B87F-283A52425E03.jpeg

Or this one
E763E325-D53D-4FA6-904A-6567FA8D13A7.jpeg

Not only can I not figure out which were combined, I didn’t fine anything with a bold gold border. The only thing I recognize is the latch in the middle.
06C71420-9667-4BF9-869A-9A787863379A.jpeg

However I did find a ladybug.
7979C590-60AC-40EF-AE3C-808DF170AEE2.jpeg

Sorry if I’m not in compliance the proper diptych protocol. I’m not good at the fine print. I’ll try to buckle down and fly straight.

Okay, I’ve spent an hour or so looking through my 8,000 images and I can’t find one that could be the bottom part.
I thought it was this one.
View attachment 150296
Or this one
View attachment 150297
Not only can I not figure out which were combined, I didn’t fine anything with a bold gold border. The only thing I recognize is the latch in the middle.
View attachment 150298
However I did find a ladybug.
View attachment 150299

Sorry if I’m not in compliance the proper diptych protocol. I’m not good at the fine print. I’ll try to buckle down and fly straight.
The first image is surely the Fellowship descend into Moria ?

Does this fit?

Juxtaposition of the same dock one month apart during the severe drought here in 2011. Not sure if it qualifies as a Diptic though. I’ll leave it up to y’all to decide. Hmmm now I’m thinking it’s probably not very abstract either.

1F966E24-163F-4189-8C95-662D85B22BAB.jpeg

Again, it’s an older piece. Like, one of my original blendings.

Love is like a butterfly

View attachment 150301

IColorama, FotoDa, Procreate

perfect! It sure is - black and bottomless as Nietzche’s abyss one minute: colourful, geometric, smudgy and ‘what am I supposed to be, again?’ the next. And all the while the promises of (and maps for) beautiful patterns.

Our Jilly, you are a philosopher and no mistake!

perfect! It sure is - black and bottomless as Nietzche’s abyss one minute: colourful, geometric, smudgy and ‘what am I supposed to be, again?’ the next. And all the while the promises of (and maps for) beautiful patterns.

Our Jilly, you are a philosopher and no mistake!
:notworthy:

Well damnit. I’m still trying to wrangle a diptych that realises my vision. And when did we start paying attention to days and dates. I mean, apart from all the other MobiTog challenges of course :oops:
And anyway I thought we still had a week.
Also I’m in a different time zone.
And some parts of my country have started Daylight Saving Time. So it’s easy to lose a week here and there.

Hmph.

Well. talk about serendipity. I have discovered in the Roolz some fine print acknowledging that the APPstract challenge exists outside linear time. It has to do with gravity and entanglement and units of time as yet unmeasured.

However the relevant point here is that two weeks can take as long or as little as the current judge prefers.

And the serendipities (there are two :mobibabe:) are 1) that I have to drive a long way today for clinical supervision and 2) that I’m the current judge!
BDE6BEDC-4872-47AD-BA4D-B2C1B20736D0.jpeg

Altogether wonderful news, bcs I think the diptych theme is just warming up, John has barely complained (nor has he explained the relationship of the two elements of his cryptic diptych (geddit?), some people (with whom I will have a private chat) have not yet contributed or have just barely teased us with their contributions), we’re starting to see more interpretations of the ‘diptych’ theme — and I still haven't created one that matches my vision.

Daylight Saving, Roolz, quantum time... have I missed anything.. Oh. and i would rather deal with ‘why isn’t this challenge closed yet’ than ‘why isn’t this challenge judged yet’. Especially since today I’m driving through the last (bcs nearly bushfire ready hot summer) of our gorgeous forest greenery and spring forest wildflowers !

D63DFA99-C861-4B4D-976F-D70C3FDE48D0.jpeg

so, onward! More diptychs — and forests and wildflowers. What could be better :inlove::):thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom