APPstract RESULT: 2WeeklyAPPstract Fabricated Faces

Meet Chantelle Chanterelle, ready to go out dancing.
View attachment 143737
Finding a nice red Virginia Creeper leaf for the lips was a lucky stoke, although it still needed some shading to give a better 3D shape. The eyes are single sections from a blackberry. They even had the dark spot on them, every one of the sections had the spot which I think might have been caused by my shadow. The ears are one of those multi-zoned something or other fungi. The drop ear rings are ice drips from the pictures I made in winter over the semi-frozen frozen brook. They start out as icicles hanging from a low branch over the water but as the water splashes up against the icicles they start growing, eventually becoming bell shaped. I think finding something for the nose was most difficult. Another mushroom top. One of those tiny ones on skinny stems. The lovely hairdo is courtesy of a nice patch of moss. And the frilly evening gown is a bunch of bracket fungi. Affinity.
Haha!!!!!! Too cute!!!

Thank you! I was having fun with this one.
I’ve been thinking... since I have a welder, and a bunch of junk metal... I should weld together some weird creatures along the lines of recycled junk metal sculpture. The garbage truck won’t take the junk metal so if it was made into something maybe I could sell it.
Great idea. And I think you should sell prints/cards of these faces you made here too.

Egg-static

8FF4A69E-1529-4412-9A96-CF9CBBA65D3C.jpeg

SuperimposeX and iColorama

Welding isn’t that hard to learn. A couple of evening classes would you teach you the basics. The techniques are easy enough. But getting good at it takes some practice. Fortunately, if your welds are lumpy they can be tidied up with some grinding. Practice makes for smoother welds.

I just took apart a Honda Civic transmission so I have some more bits to play with, lots of gears, etc.

My DH says he is a patient man and enjoys my ‘wilder creative side’ but ‘jen plus welder’ is a bridge too far. He is worried I’ll set the neighbourhood alight.

Egg-static

View attachment 143817

SuperimposeX and iColorama

wonderfully . . . What’s that word that means like kitsch only better ? Whimsy?

Which element got you started? (I’m guessing the eyes - although I can imagine you staring fixedly at an egg, muttering ..) :lmao:

I love the teapot (?) ears and the cauliflower (?) hair :D :notworthy:

Great idea. And I think you should sell prints/cards of these faces you made here too.

I think MobiTog should set up an Etsy Store. (I think this has been suggested before).

wonderfully . . . What’s that word that means like kitsch only better ? Whimsy?

Which element got you started? (I’m guessing the eyes - although I can imagine you staring fixedly at an egg, muttering ..) :lmao:

I love the teapot (?) ears and the cauliflower (?) hair :D:notworthy:

I think MobiTog should set up an Etsy Store. (I think this has been suggested before).
Funnily enough I did start with muttering about an egg, but it was an alabaster egg that formed the head. :D The “hair” is an elderflower flower.

Walken Through The Neighborhood
View attachment 143955
Found things: except for the eyeballs. They come naturally. The mask is made out of papier-mâché. It was right next to a doll that someone’s grandma had made and would have ensured a lifetime of screaming nightmares. Eye of newt, ear of dog, cabin in the woods...

Well that was worth waiting for — and no doubt will ensure a whole ‘nother lifetime of screaming nightmares for someone....... Those eyes seem to follow you around the room :D Cabin & flower are a nice touch :notworthy:

Well that was worth waiting for — and no doubt will ensure a whole ‘nother lifetime of screaming nightmares for someone....... Those eyes seem to follow you around the room :D Cabin & flower are a nice touch :notworthy:
Thank you Jen! I have the photography equivalent of writer’s block at the moment. I stare at my camera roll and a digital canvas hoping that something will jump out and, you know, be something. I am happy about this though :):p:cool:

View attachment 143955
Found things: except for the eyeballs. They come naturally. The mask is made out of papier-mâché. It was right next to a doll that someone’s grandma had made and would have ensured a lifetime of screaming nightmares. Eye of newt, ear of dog, cabin in the woods...
About the eyes. You realize I hope that any real eyes are verboten in this particular contest. Every part must be something other than from a real face.

View attachment 143955
You guys are all slaying me.... :notworthy: Another FABulous face!!! And this has Jeffrey’s trademark weird&creepy (which I love).

Thank you Jen! I have the photography equivalent of writer’s block at the moment. I stare at my camera roll and a digital canvas hoping that something will jump out and, you know, be something. I am happy about this though :):p:cool:

Jeffrey if it helps to change channels - or just for a ‘timeout’ on the adult seriousness of it all, I have created an Art Games page on Pinterest. If you look back on the last few APPstract challenges, you’ll see some fun themes and some cool interpretations inspired (at least in part) by some of the games. My own favourite was Starzee ’s ‘steal an artist’s method’ :lol:

I look to kid art for art therapy sessions (straight line, afaic). I’m looking for a project I caught out of the corner of my eye recently in which the different parts of different flowers were grouped together on the table with sheets of cardboard and pots of glue. A little pile of leaves, different petals, stems, other bits.... and the kids chose random bits to create their own flowers. Flower collage. Cool as.

I’d like to see you raid the bin after one of the two of you have been on one of your function design blitz :hearteyes:

About the eyes. You realize I hope that any real eyes are verboten in this particular contest. Every part must be something other than from a real face.
Well knock me down with a snow beast 45SBM commercial electric start 2-stage gas snow blower. :cool: I didn’t realize that. Those eyes are not mine though so I guessed it would be cool. Attached is a new, and improved, version. If it’s ok, or even possible, I can swap out the original post..
edit: I need to read more. My bad :oops:
961A8C69-B427-44BA-962A-FF92D9F4405E.png

Jeffrey if it helps to change channels - or just for a ‘timeout’ on the adult seriousness of it all, I have created an Art Games page on Pinterest. If you look back on the last few APPstract challenges, you’ll see some fun themes and some cool interpretations inspired (at least in part) by some of the games. My own favourite was Starzee ’s ‘steal an artist’s method’ :lol:

I look to kid art for art therapy sessions (straight line, afaic). I’m looking for a project I caught out of the corner of my eye recently in which the different parts of different flowers were grouped together on the table with sheets of cardboard and pots of glue. A little pile of leaves, different petals, stems, other bits.... and the kids chose random bits to create their own flowers. Flower collage. Cool as.

I’d like to see you raid the bin after one of the two of you have been on one of your function design blitz :hearteyes:
Thank you Jen! I followed your Pinterest thread :D It looks like it will be really useful :thumbs: I guess something like this happens to everyone once in a while. It seems of late I have the attention span of a sheet of toilet paper. So if things get too complex I tend to drift off. My work at work is a constant barrage of input: equipment doing funny things, software not doing funny things, and users with itchy mouse fingers one click away from a Hollywood-style catastrophe. Never a dull moment o_O The downside is not seeing the things I used to see, or so it appears to me, and remembering to take my phone out of my pocket after the fact. Ugh.
You have given me some great ideas, and pointed me in a good direction, to go forth and be creative :inlove: I love MobiTog. It should come in capsule form ;)

Well knock me down with a snow beast 45SBM commercial electric start 2-stage gas snow blower. :cool: I didn’t realize that. Those eyes are not mine though so I guessed it would be cool. Attached is a new, and improved, version. If it’s ok, or even possible, I can swap out the original post..
View attachment 143973
I think this is so much better than the first one because you’ve changed the eyes. Love it.

View attachment 143973
That works well. The real eyes sort of stuck out in the first version because they were too real. These ones fit.

View attachment 143973

Jeffrey I tried to replace your first image with this one, but it appears stuck in thumbnail mode. I’m sure FundyBrian will know what to do to have a good look at it during his considerations

WHICH START NOW !

Whenever you’re ready, Brian :thumbs: Thank you for another creative out-of-the-box refresh-the-right-brain exercise :notworthy: :)

Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Meantime, 2WeeklyAPPstract #11 is here .

And I hope we see GroovyGouvy this time! I was imagining her wild & wonderful fabricated faces - so sad not to see them :( (Gouvy, would you like us to write a note for your boss saying your services are required here?)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom