APPstract RESULT: 2WeeklyAPPstract Fabricated Faces

And the Winner is...
Let’s see, there are 7 entries, quite a manageable number I thought. Why is this so hard? This was quite an ambitious project. I had not thought about it at the start but it is another project that relies on some degree of intentionality. You are starting out to make a face out of something, out of bits, stuff you would find in your camera roll or around the house.
Every image shows great imagination and inspiration, and a good sense of humour. A mouth made from a sound hole on an instrument, or from a banana, Jilly’s mushroom gills for eyelashes!, recycled plastic, eye’s made from bass clefs, etc. Every image was very well done and each very unique to it’s maker. I’m glad to see people had fun with this.

A big round of applause to all!
But somebody needs to carry the next round forward so I have to pick an image.
5ADDC44F-F5B6-4F26-8E0D-0D78CF0583A3.png

#1 goes to dscheff for his assemblage of strange bits that has nice 3D depth as well as leaps in space in how the background seems at once close as if this head was found packed in a wooden box and yet around the old cabin it becomes a sunset sky. There a bit of friend or foe to the manic expression.

33917D6E-74AB-4F51-AF9D-ED5AA8FB8285.jpeg

#2 is so close to 1 that it shows the inadequacy of numbers. How about 1.05? Now really, a dead goldfish for ears? A Hippogriff for legs? And starting out with a Forever heart for a head. Some sense of humour Jilly has. Very nice dimensionality to the whole piece. The additional rendering on top of the assemblage brings some unity and makes it that much harder to identify the individual bits. Fascinating background, too.

So there we have it. Now it’s up to Jeffrey to pick a new theme for the next round of APPstract.
What fun this challenge is!

And the Winner is...
Let’s see, there are 7 entries, quite a manageable number I thought. Why is this so hard? This was quite an ambitious project. I had not thought about it at the start but it is another project that relies on some degree of intentionality. You are starting out to make a face out of something, out of bits, stuff you would find in your camera roll or around the house.
Every image shows great imagination and inspiration, and a good sense of humour. A mouth made from a sound hole on an instrument, or from a banana, Jilly’s mushroom gills for eyelashes!, recycled plastic, eye’s made from bass clefs, etc. Every image was very well done and each very unique to it’s maker. I’m glad to see people had fun with this.

View attachment 143999
#1 goes to dscheff for his assemblage of strange bits that has nice 3D depth as well as leaps in space in how the background seems at once close as if this head was found packed in a wooden box and yet around the old cabin it becomes a sunset sky. There a bit of friend or foe to the manic expression.

View attachment 144000
#2 is so close to 1 that it shows the inadequacy of numbers. How about 1.05? Now really, a dead goldfish for ears? A Hippogriff for legs? And starting out with a Forever heart for a head. Some sense of humour Jilly has. Very nice dimensionality to the whole piece. The additional rendering on top of the assemblage brings some unity and makes it that much harder to identify the individual bits. Fascinating background, too.

So there we have it. Now it’s up to Jeffrey to pick a new theme for the next round of APPstract.

Congrats Jeffrey & Jilly for artistry at every level :notworthy::hearteyes::thumbs:

I’m remain in awe/love of Mobi people’s versatility: the willingness & capacity to do gorgeous knock-your-socks-off ‘straight’ photography one minute and the next minute make fabricated faces out of dead goldfish, diseased organs and Mig welders, if you don’t mind.

One of my writing profs used to say ‘show me a wall papered with rejection slips from every literary genre and you can call yourself a writer’. I’m sure if I could think fast enough there’d be an incisive parallel for . . .um, something :oops:

Another FABulous face!!! And this has Jeffrey’s trademark weird&creepy (which I love).

What Cat said. Love your flowers & stuff, Jeffrey - but you do weird & creepy like no one ! :)

And the Winner is...

View attachment 143999

View attachment 144000

Why thank you, kind sir Brian, for my very close ... er ... second. :D dscheff Jeffrey’s winner was indeed that - I wouldn’t want to come across this being on a dark night, but it certainly is inventive. It’s actually quite difficult to cobble together something that looks like a “being” just from bits in the camera roll, so I think everyone who tried it should get a big virtual hug. Well done Jeffrey. Whatcha got for us?

something that looks like a “being” just from bits in the camera roll, so I think everyone who tried it should get a big virtual hug. Well done Jeffrey. Whatcha got for us?

I’m guessing hoping guessing it will be weird :)

While Jeffrey plumbs the depths, #11 is up & running here - please feel free to warm up with some random appstracts— maybe a rizole -like squiggle?

And the Winner is...

View attachment 143999

View attachment 144000

Thank you Brian! The critique is, in my opinion, better than the image :) Actually. I’m at a loss for words. So thank you very much for your choice and kind words. Congratulations to Jill and everyone else who submitted pieces.

Theme for this week is NIGHT SHIFT. There. That should stir things up ;)o_O

Thank you Brian! The critique is, in my opinion, better than the image :) Actually. I’m at a loss for words. So thank you very much for your choice and kind words. Congratulations to Jill and everyone else who submitted pieces.

Are you on one by any chance. :lmao:

V

Night Shift by APPstract — love it ! :lmao: Scuse me while I go scratch my head for a bit :)

And the Winner is...

View attachment 143999

View attachment 144000

Great critique Brian... and great choices... loved both of these creepy-adorable creatures. Congrats Jeffrey and Jilly!

This was such a fun and unique theme! I was awed by all the massive amounts of creative juices flooding this thread.

I’m remain in awe/love of Mobi people’s versatility: the willingness & capacity to do gorgeous knock-your-socks-off ‘straight’ photography one minute and the next minute make fabricated faces out of dead goldfish, diseased organs and Mig welders, if you don’t mind.
Abso-freakin-lutely. I couldn’t have said it better myself.

Back
Top Bottom