MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Jeffrey
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
I Just installed the 341 update on my 8+. When I opened Hipstamatic the first time it let me take a picture. Then, as it was saving it closed immediately. When I try to open it again Hipstamatic closes and the orientation of my home screen changes. I restarted my iPhone twice, reset the Print Queue, and caches, and sacrificed Bob the singing fish to the technology gods. Oh. I wrote to Hipstamatic and pointed this out to their techies.

Anyone else experienced this?

I Just installed the 341 update on my 8+. When I opened Hipstamatic the first time it let me take a picture. Then, as it was saving it closed immediately. When I try to open it again Hipstamatic closes and the orientation of my home screen changes. I restarted my iPhone twice, reset the Print Queue, and caches, and sacrificed Bob the singing fish to the technology gods. Oh. I wrote to Hipstamatic and pointed this out to their techies.

Anyone else experienced this?

Yes, just today when I first tried 341. On my iPhone 7 Plus. I had iOS 11.2.6 at first and wondered if that was the problem so I updated to 11.3. But I also bought the Fisheye lens pack before I first tried 341. It usually crashes right away on launch. Sometimes I can coax it to open the second time. Then it seems ok, I can look around and change combos, but as soon as I take a picture it crashes before saving the image. If I’m able to get it open again I can check the Hipstamatic edit location and it shows no new pictures. I sent them an email, too. I tried restarting my iPhone etc. Crash, crash, crash.
It doesn’t work anymore on my iPad Pro, either. Before 341 it was ok on both.
Doesn’t seem that it was very well tested before being released.

Yes, just today when I first tried 341. On my iPhone 7 Plus. I had iOS 11.2.6 at first and wondered if that was the problem so I updated to 11.3. But I also bought the Fisheye lens pack before I first tried 341. It usually crashes right away on launch. Sometimes I can coax it to open the second time. Then it seems ok, I can look around and change combos, but as soon as I take a picture it crashes before saving the image. If I’m able to get it open again I can check the Hipstamatic edit location and it shows no new pictures. I sent them an email, too. I tried restarting my iPhone etc. Crash, crash, crash.
It doesn’t work anymore on my iPad Pro, either. Before 341 it was ok on both.
Doesn’t seem that it was very well tested before being released.
Exactly! I wrote to Hipstamatic. They asked me to send them the crash report, which I did yesterday, and hope to hear back about. I will post the results :)
The crash report can be found here:
Settings> Privacy> Analytics > Analytics Data> Data

I got an email, too, just 1 day after I sent one to them. They didn’t have any suggestions how to fix the problem as yet but gave instructions how to find the crash reports and send them one. I also mentioned Kmenglee’s suggestion about shutting off RAW saving and how that stopped the crashing.

Hipstamatic LLC replied:

Hello John,

Thanks for your email.

We have received several similar reports over the last couple of days. I’ve forwarded all of those reports directly to our developer. He’s aware of these crash bugs and is already investigating.

He hopes to have these issues fixed and the new update to Hipstamatic tested and released as quickly as possible.

I apologize for the inconvenience in the meantime.

Cheers,
Allan
So there you have it, a very quick response but no real answer!

Hipstamatic LLC replied:

Hello John,

Thanks for your email.

We have received several similar reports over the last couple of days. I’ve forwarded all of those reports directly to our developer. He’s aware of these crash bugs and is already investigating.

He hopes to have these issues fixed and the new update to Hipstamatic tested and released as quickly as possible.

I apologize for the inconvenience in the meantime.

Cheers,
Allan
So there you have it, a very quick response but no real answer!

Yes a similar letter. Except mine didn’t say they were aware of the problem and it asked me to send a crash report.

Need to shut off the raw saving images in setting than you can shoot with no problem
Brilliant, thanks Lee, sorted the crashing Ten out perfectly... :thumbs:

Weirdly I do often like Fisheye results... :D

97BEFE86-6EF6-4CEC-9B64-344C2B9E446F.jpeg

The Fisheye pack points out a problem in Hipstamatic - that you can’t preview your results. In many cases, being able to interact with the preview can make a very big difference in the effectiveness of the outcome. But in most cases the overall framing of the image remains the same, it’s just the placement of unseen image artifacts that is unknown. With the Fisheye, you know that the framing of the image will dramatically different than what you see. There is even more luck involved, or even less likelihood that the image will be well composed. It would make such a difference if Hipstamatic got the live preview working again.

Does this fix the problem?

I just tried it out now, a limited duration test. I opened the app and went into settings to turn RAW capture on again and then made a few photos. No crashing. It saved to photos OK.
Then I closed the app and relaunched it and made another photo. Everything seems fine. Previously it crashed at every turn so it was pretty obvious.

Back
Top Bottom