4:3 aspect ratio?

Good question ... I just popped some image dimensions from uncropped pics (front and rear cameras) of my 4s and 5s into a spreadsheet. I don't have an actual 5 to try.

They are all four thirds (which I didn't know about the front camera).

Interestingly the 5s has a shorter focal length than the 4s, so the pics are wider angle ... 30mm vs 35mm in SLR terms, so you'll notice a difference there.

... the 5s has a shorter focal length than the 4s, so the pics are wider angle ... 30mm vs 35mm in SLR terms, so you'll notice a difference there.

That random seeming comment, was reference to what Venomator said. You might look at the new phones and get more of wide screen (16:9) vibe because of the wider focal length.

Thanks so much @Venomator and @Darren@RI ! I've been testing too and I think 4:3 seems to be it (I'm on the 4 not the 5).

The whole issue came up because I was using AntiCrop to transform a square image to the standard size, so another app would accept it without adding a border for the non-standard part, if that makes sense. :)

Thanks so much @Venomator and @Darren@RI ! I've been testing too and I think 4:3 seems to be it (I'm on the 4 not the 5).

The whole issue came up because I was using AntiCrop to transform a square image to the standard size, so another app would accept it without adding a border for the non-standard part, if that makes sense. :)
@marmalademoon - Ah, then AR for 4 is correct at 4:3 Kate... :rog:

Back
Top Bottom