A few things that caught my eye

The damned red weed. War of the worlds.
IMG_20231204_163947.jpg

Last edited:
!! Where did those colors come from? Is that a Hipsta combo?
I've heard you all mentioning hipsta, guessing it's an apple thing, so no it's not that :lmao: I've edited it using snapseed, using various white balance hues and several masks to achieve the blue sky and red weed, which were originally grey and green respectively. Snapseed can be a pretty remarkable tool, and best of all it's free!

I've heard you all mentioning hipsta, guessing it's an apple thing, so no it's not that :lmao: I've edited it using snapseed, using various white balance hues and several masks to achieve the blue sky and red weed, which were originally grey and green respectively. Snapseed can be a pretty remarkable tool, and best of all it's free!
Oops, you're right. I thought it was on Android, too, like Lightroom Mobile and Snapseed, but it's not.

Isn’t it! I keep on getting irritating prompts in Snapseed to try Google Photos and I want to say, ‘get lost, I love Snapseed’.

Winter Gardens. A monster of a building, the Victorians didn't do things by half. The ballroom is about 100m long and a fraction of the entire building which also includes several bars and restaurants, an exhibition centre, an opera house to name but a few.
View attachment 198612
Main foyer
View attachment 198613
Grand ballroom
View attachment 198614
One of the 8 chandeliers
View attachment 198615View attachment 198616
That kept a lot of people in work for a while. Wow.

Winter Gardens. A monster of a building, the Victorians didn't do things by half. The ballroom is about 100m long and a fraction of the entire building which also includes several bars and restaurants, an exhibition centre, an opera house to name but a few.
View attachment 198612
Main foyer
View attachment 198613
Grand ballroom
View attachment 198614
One of the 8 chandeliers
View attachment 198615View attachment 198616
Wow. Massive. Seeing the people for scale made me re-think the ballroom scenes in Pride & Prejudice (etc). Wonder what the acoustics were like.

Another day and night.
Fallen tree (2023 was just one big storm, in the UK, with a few sunny days thrown in for a giggle)
Again, night mode off for the Night pic, which handled the scene pretty well baring in mind the high ISO, fast shutter speed and very bright street light.
View attachment 199281
View attachment 199282
The night shot is impressive -- I can see some detail in the dark parts and yet the street light hasn't blown out everything around it. I don't shoot much at night, so if you've got the urge, I'd love to see a comparison of a night shot with and without night mode.

Back
Top Bottom