A few things that caught my eye

Playing with snapseed. I posted this photo in the colour challenge but to give you and idea of what the original photo looked like and what I did to achieve it, I'll add the others here as well.

It was a multi step process. First off I applied the Morning filter that added a golden colour to the photo, which was great for the sandy beach. I then used a lot of white balance temperature shifts + colour tinting and applied that in a mask for the top part of the photo so not to alter the colour of the beach. I did do another where I masked out the island and left it in monochrome with the sky and sea blue (as it is now) which gave it yet another dimension. To finish off I raised the shadows of the island and I think I added ambience to the photo to give it more pop and structure.

IMG_20221017_121550-01.jpeg

IMG_20221017_121550-01-01.jpeg

IMG_20221017_121550 - Copy.jpg

Playing with snapseed. I posted this photo in the colour challenge but to give you and idea of what the original photo looked like and what I did to achieve it, I'll add the others here as well.

It was a multi step process. First off I applied the Morning filter that added a golden colour to the photo, which was great for the sandy beach. I then used a lot of white balance temperature shifts + colour tinting and applied that in a mask for the top part of the photo so not to alter the colour of the beach. I did do another where I masked out the island and left it in monochrome with the sky and sea blue (as it is now) which gave it yet another dimension. To finish off I raised the shadows of the island and I think I added ambience to the photo to give it more pop and structure.

View attachment 200564

View attachment 200565

View attachment 200566
Fabulous edit- thanks for stepping it through. It’s always interesting to see people’s process (including the imagining :thumbs:)

Back
Top Bottom