A MobiTog Collective Fairytale Book - Notes

Gorgeous!! :inlove: I could see this in a children's fairytale book...
Your comment and the post of John sinnerjohn in MC#26: "on a ferry in Italy", give me the idea to propose a collective work at distance, making a fairytale book illustrated with images of us, Mobipeeps. Gouvy GroovyGouvy and maybe others with expertise in the field can do the editorial work. Rog Venomator can help us to assure the quality (and also coordinate some kind of peer-review)... An so on. Mobitog has a lot of talented people and not just in the field of photography and/or Digital Photo Art, as you defined it.
This will take some time, maybe a year, but if we wish and propose... we can!
It can be the first product of a digital publication Mobitog series.
I hope Ms. Google has helped me explain this idea :):cool:

Last edited:
Your comment and the post of John sinnerjohn in MC#26: "on a ferry in Italy", give me the idea to propose a collective work at distance, making a fairytale book illustrated with images of us, Mobipeeps. Gouvy GroovyGouvy and maybe others with expertise in the field can do the editorial work. Rog Venomator can help us to assure the quality (and also coordinate some kind of peer-review)... An so on. Mobitog has a lot of talented people and not just in the field of photography and/or Digital Photo Art, as you defined it.

Thank you for this fascinating idea, Rodolfo. A MobiTog collective fairytale book? With illustrations from our different adventures ? :) I think we must hear more of this proposal!

And what do other Mobi-people think?

Thank you for this fascinating idea, Rodolfo. A MobiTog collective fairytale book? With illustrations from our different adventures ? :) I think we must hear more of this proposal!

Please consider this as a very first draw idea. If Mobi-people like it, then we all together can build it in detail.
Comments? RoseCat sinnerjohn FotoLumos JillyG GroovyGouvy ImageArt terse deepop mwolfer rizole MsDee lisamjw Darren@RI BoBo Delta MotownLarry FundyBrian Starzee Lzed vixenscry Jasongag Tomliw dscheff Venomator

Last edited:
Oh!!!! What a fabulous idea!! As Jen said, it's a fascinating and intriguing prospect... And I know it would be amazing.

Thanks a lot Jen, John, Catherine and Jilly to join the iniative!
Jilly, the basic idea is to realize a MobiTog collective fairytale book. The history, characters... and all the details of it, including the way to do it or methodology of the process and guidelines, will be defined in collective, with all the Mobi-people that want to participate in this adventure :)
I going to try to work this weekend some preliminary ideas and share those next week. It will be wonderful if all of you can give to the iniative a little time and share too some ideas next week :rolleyes:
I hope more Mobi-people gradually go joining the initiative :cool:

There is a lot information on fairy tales in the Web. This is just a few from a very quickly search:
http://writeshop.com/genres-how-to-write-a-fairy-tale/
http://m.wikihow.com/Write-Fairy-Tales
http://www.missliterati.com/blog/five-tips-to-writing-a-modern-fairytale
http://writeforkids.org/2015/10/writing-the-modern-fairy-tale-use-a-twist/

Mobipeeps that do not have time to join as part of the workgroup doing creative labor, can contribute with diverse notes, information and recommendations - from the proper experience or searching the web - related the different issues involved or components of the process of creation of the book. One of this issue is precisely "how to write a fairy tale".
One important thing - I think - is know/research if exist another similar experience as we propose.

Before I quote most answers here, I'd rather just answer. [emoji16]
I love the idea! But before we start with it we have a lot to consider at first:
The idea is a collateral children's book. That's fine. [emoji4]
Now there are many ways and we have to get many people with different styles to get into one boat.
As far as I understand what's written here, it should be a book with one story.
Guys, beware: this means we'd climb Mount Everest before we tried a hill and with no experience.
It would be far easier to start with a book of short stories instead. If we would do it the way EoS happened when the wrecking yard was involved it can't be a book right away. But it was taking up what is there, continue it and move it to the next. And the story is what the next will put into it. So it can totally change. And that is totally okay! But the more it will move on the more details can be overseen, that could or should be part of the story. But it could work.
Also possible: we develop a kind of body for it before. That means the story in short points as chapters, the whole thing is layed out before and every one writes one chapter. Even though they had be done one AFTER another, too, because there might be new sidekicks involved that may come handy in another chapter. The possibilities are endless. [emoji4]
I know there was a children's book when I was young "das Geheimnis der orangefarbenen Katze" ("the secret of the orange coloured cat"), which was done by (I hope I remember that right, it's loooooooong ago) 12 different authors and they did it the EoS-way. So it is possible, but a task.
And where come the illustrations, collages or photographs in? Will they lead the way and the description follows or done after the story?
There is much more to say, but I'm tired, so I need to cut a long story short:
Can't we try the hill before the mountain? Just to see how it feels, how we emphasise with each other and the thing? Means: let's try a book of short stories first, each one who joined just one. No character charts and stuff, just a short story. And that could be done after a picture/illustration/painting, 1 image inspires one story. That way we can see each handles a story, the words, ideas. And we would have a book in nearly no time. (Will still need a lot of time, but at first there are no discussions.) all we have to have are some images to choose from. From absurd to hiliarious, but with a lot of details. So the artist can even have a story in mind and builds the picture and the writer takes whatever he/she sees to build and tell the story.
Could be thrilling. [emoji4]
And I wonder if even this small step will be possible without meetings and phone calls. I'm sure the conversations, explanations, questions, hints, ideas … here will fill 50 books easily before we have one. [emoji1] But surprise me, I'm open to everything. And sure I'm in – though I doubt my English is good enough to write a book or story, but I'll try. [emoji106]

I love the idea! But before we start with it we have a lot to consider at first:
Now there are many ways and we have to get many people with different styles to get into one boat.
Guys, beware: this means we'd climb Mount Everest before we tried a hill and with no experience.
It would be far easier to start with a book of short stories instead. If we would do it the way EoS happened when the wrecking yard was involved it can't be a book right away. But it was taking up what is there, continue it and move it to the next. And the story is what the next will put into it. So it can totally change. And that is totally okay! But the more it will move on the more details can be overseen, that could or should be part of the story. But it could work.
Also possible: we develop a kind of body for it before. That means the story in short points as chapters, the whole thing is layed out before and every one writes one chapter. Even though they had be done one AFTER another, too, because there might be new sidekicks involved that may come handy in another chapter. The possibilities are endless. [emoji4]
I know there was a children's book when I was young "das Geheimnis der orangefarbenen Katze" ("the secret of the orange coloured cat"), which was done by (I hope I remember that right, it's loooooooong ago) 12 different authors and they did it the EoS-way. So it is possible, but a task.
And where come the illustrations, collages or photographs in? Will they lead the way and the description follows or done after the story?
Can't we try the hill before the mountain? Just to see how it feels, how we emphasise with each other and the thing? Means: let's try a book of short stories first, each one who joined just one. No character charts and stuff, just a short story. And that could be done after a picture/illustration/painting, 1 image inspires one story. That way we can see each handles a story, the words, ideas. And we would have a book in nearly no time. (Will still need a lot of time, but at first there are no discussions.) all we have to have are some images to choose from. From absurd to hiliarious, but with a lot of details. So the artist can even have a story in mind and builds the picture and the writer takes whatever he/she sees to build and tell the story.
And I wonder if even this small step will be possible without meetings and phone calls. I'm sure the conversations, explanations, questions, hints, ideas … here will fill 50 books easily before we have one. [emoji1] But surprise me, I'm open to everything. And sure I'm in – though I doubt my English is good enough to write a book or story, but I'll try. [emoji106]
Sounds like we are into Ransom Riggs territory, although our photos will be donated instead of found ?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miss_Peregrine's_Home_for_Peculiar_Children
We need a villain ! ! ! :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Followed by Hollow City and then The Library of Souls.
Hola a todas/os,

Few minutes ago I arrived to an hostal in Chontales, a rural territory of Nicaragua and I am going to areas where do not have Internet service. I'll be back to Managua, Monday, and I'll continue the communication. The present notes are very interesting. Please excuse me if I do not make a comment and go ahead with the ideas and alternatives feasibles to start and proceed.

I am so glad that the process of the iniatitive has started and with such enthusiasm!!! :):thumbs::cool:

Last edited:
Welcome aboard Gouvy!
It is very important to count with you, your expertise and artistic sensibility.
Thanks a lot :thumbs::cool:

Please consider this as a very first draw idea. If Mobi-people like it, then we all together can build it in detail.
Comments? RoseCat sinnerjohn FotoLumos JillyG GroovyGouvy ImageArt terse deepop mwolfer rizole MsDee lisamjw Darren@RI BoBo Delta MotownLarry FundyBrian Starzee Lzed vixenscry Jasongag Tomliw dscheff Venomator
I'm in... I"ve done this kind of activity in a text based format - but using images really puts a different spin on it...sounds like a fun project...:thumbs:

I'm in... I"ve done this kind of activity in a text based format - but using images really puts a different spin on it...sounds like a fun project...:thumbs:
It's a little late here and I'm a so tired but not enough to not afford to write and express my joy. I think not mistaken in saying that everyone in this workgroup are very pleased that you participate in this adventure. And even more knowing you already have experience in the literary part, which is obviously crucial.
You start to bring us to success! Many thanks and welcome aboard! :):cool:

[...]

Kinda typical German - analytic - approach :lol:;) :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: and I have to say, I had the exact same thought but wouldn't be able to express it in English like GG* did :thumbs:

Thx 4 that :)
Having visited the Comic exibition at the Schirn (http://www.schirn.de/en/exhibitions/2016/pioneers_of_the_comic_strip/
... my favourite was the "Little Nemo" section. And so, to start with a one page "strip" instead of a whole book makes absolutely sense to me.

http://www.comicstriplibrary.org/browse/results?title=2

PS. Something to listen to before you start reading a Little Nemo episode ;)

* have to nickname you GeeGee from now on :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom