A Rare View

AlyZen Moonshadow

MobiLurver
Mobi Veteran
I was going to say it never rains in Perth, WA, but it does now :p! This shot of sand dunes on the beach was taken on a sunny day in summer (that's Dec-May here, for you Northern Hemisphere folks), and App'd using mainly Filter Mania.

Hmmm, for some reason my image won't load? I loaded one OK on the Architecture page, but this one just won't show up on my thread, it just says 100% loaded, but the image isn't showing. :confused:

Hi AlyZen... Not sure what is happening. Could you try again now for us?

Here's "A Rare View"...hopefully!
iPhone 4 120511 144.JPG

YAY... we have success and "A Rare View" to view to boot... :thumbs:

Very nice AlyZen and a brilliantly taken and processed image that is packed full of vibrancy, colour and interest... love it... :D

Absolutely agree! Fantastic shot!

Care to share a bit about the appstory of the shot?

I used the original image as a guinea pig for testing out the App "Filter Mania". Only 2 filters were used - the rain bit and the colours. Afterwards, the processed image would have been put through Iris or Filterstorm to fine-tune, mainly brightness/contrast/sharpness. I prefer Iris, but in its present incarnation if crashes about three times a day and has to be uninstalled and reinstalled again, and that's when I use Filterstorm.

"Filter Mania" has some nice filters, though you can't control whether they clap on a filter or not. I can't remember if Rare View had a frame or not, if it did and I didn't like it, I would've simply cut it out using PhotoGene or Iris and then resized to 1600x1200 to fit mobile viewing. Speaking of sizes, I'm going to start a new thread on that...

Back
Top Bottom