• > UPDATE Thread < Thanks to all who've DONATED to help with MobiTog's costs, please consider a small regular monthly sum, now possible under the new Donate tab! (NB - If all active MobiMembers Donate just £1/$1 per month it will cover our costs and help with expenditure for updates/improvements) A BIG THANK YOU ALL for your continued generosity & support!
  • PLEASE READ THIS THREAD < Tap for linky - MobiTog still has a few minor updates/improvements to complete... :)

CLOSED Abstract-ify this: for @sinnerjohn!

zenjenny

MobiStaff
Site Staff
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus

9218EFFB-8E01-4C84-BE58-CE3EF2E62A9B.jpeg
28A30112-0BAB-4B9D-8655-7615C2196D04.jpeg

Abstract art is art that does not attempt to represent an accurate depiction of a visual reality but instead use shapes, colours, forms and gestural marks to achieve its effect (Tate)

2E5B2491-AA4B-4E75-B4CE-FF725C94DE8C.jpeg

Just for fun. And because She Who Must Be Obeyed suggested it. And because we will leave no stone unturned in our efforts to educate sinnerjohn John . . .

John is handing over an image for abstract-ification. That means you take his image and rework it into what you consider an abstract version. Any apps, any interpretation — you can do pretty much whatever you like to it, as long as John is able to detect in your version some passing resemblance somewhere to his original.

507E83AA-8CD9-4B16-9B30-FF0089FCCBDB.jpeg

Please give some information about your thinking and your editing/apping.

In a week or so, John will choose one abstract-ified version to enlarge and hang on his wall. Or maybe he’ll just pick his favourites and make some nice comments.

5D647F83-D6F7-4AF2-8EA2-84D0BA8DAB00.jpeg

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365

View attachment 113678 View attachment 113680

Abstract art is art that does not attempt to represent an accurate depiction of a visual reality but instead use shapes, colours, forms and gestural marks to achieve its effect (Tate)

Just for fun. And because She Who Must Be Obeyed suggested it. And because we will leave no stone unturned in our efforts to educate sinnerjohn John . . .

John is handing over an image for abstract-ification. That means you take his image and rework it into what you consider an abstract version. Any apps, any interpretation — you can do pretty much whatever you like to it, as long as John is able to detect in your version some passing resemblance somewhere to his original.

Please give some information about your thinking and your editing/apping.

In a week or so, John will choose one abstract-ified version to enlarge and hang on his wall. Or maybe he’ll just pick his favourites and make some nice comments.

:lol: Great idea - Abstractification! It’s not that the image needed improving, because, imho, it’s absolutely lovely as it is. But rather I wanted you, zenjenny Jen,to make one of your fabulous collages incorporating it. But now we all get a go, thanks to sinnerjohn John’s amazing generosity. Thank you John.:inlove:

zenjenny

MobiStaff
Site Staff
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
:lol: thanks to sinnerjohn John’s amazing generosity. Thank you John.:inlove:
I have to say I’m a bit concerned, Jilly — maybe he’s down the local, few sheets to the wind, feeling no pain, asitwere, and he’ll have forgotten tomorrow. He also liked an image in my 52 which is a wossname - what does he call them? Distorted women. You can see why I’m concerned :mobibabe:

rizole

In for it!
MobiSupporter
Device
Samsung
I have to say I’m a bit concerned, Jilly — maybe he’s down the local, few sheets to the wind, feeling no pain, asitwere, and he’ll have forgotten tomorrow. He also liked an image in my 52 which is a wossname - what does he call them? Distorted women. You can see why I’m concerned :mobibabe:
Yes I can. :mobibabe:
Should we call an iBulance?

Venomator

MobiAdmin
Admin
Site Staff
Real Name
Rog...
Device
iPhone X
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Abstractification... o_O

What a great idea, it may even catch on... :whistle:

Nice one John sinnerjohn and well done Jennifer zenjenny for facilitating in your usual inimitable stylee... :notworthy:

I can't download the pic. It keeps downloading as a htm file. I'll try John's original post.

Edit.... Yes that works.
Sorted now, I think Riz... :D

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
I really L:hearteyes:VE John’s original, and it was fun to mash up. I ran it through decim8, then took that into Diptic and used one of the funky shapes... adding different filters to each section. Then brought it into Pixlr for some texture and the geometric lines. It feels like a wild patchwork quilt to me...

C8A09AC2-3A18-42DC-B520-2DD013E174F6.jpeg

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Boxing bunnies from space
(is what you get when you mess John's image around in iColorama for a long time and then stumble upon the Mirror tool)

View attachment 113735
Agh! You beat me to it Ted. I was reading a magazine yesterday and saw a mirror image of something (can’t remember what) and I had a lightbulb moment. But I didn’t put it in the socket and turn it on quick enough (I know, that’s enough of that analogy).:lol: This is great. You’re lucky that you found your way out of iColorama. People get lost in there for years.

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I really L:hearteyes:VE John’s original, and it was fun to mash up. I ran it through decim8, then took that into Diptic and used one of the funky shapes... adding different filters to each section. Then brought it into Pixlr for some texture and the geometric lines. It feels like a wild patchwork quilt to me...

View attachment 113732
This is fab. Very 3D.:thumbs:

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Catherine’s use of Diptic reminded me that I had it.:thumbs:

667E7EB8-A351-4B30-AE15-6F333AB6D0E6.png

I went all 60s drug-fuelled psychedelia. I thought that might appeal to John.:lmao:
Diptic and iColorama

EDIT: Then I vaguely remembered some band or other (or it could have been a song:confused:) and thought “Album Cover”!:lol:

Last edited:

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Catherine’s use of Diptic reminded me that I had it.:thumbs:

View attachment 113745
I went all 60s drug-fuelled psychedelia. I thought that might appeal to John.:lmao:
Diptic and iColorama

EDIT: Then I vaguely remembered some band or other (or it could have been a song:confused:) and thought “Album Cover”!:lol:
Definitley song: originally by Jewel Akens, but also famous by Dean Martin :)