rajesh

MobiStar
Real Name
Rajesh
Device
iPhone SE
Can anybody tell what exactly it is ?

BC6B0C38-8A25-448A-8236-9BDBA0726ED4.jpeg

This does make a good What’s-it? Part of the What’s-it? class is that the subject is something everyone would be familiar with, except the way it is photographed removed the clues that help us recognize what it is. If it isn’t something we would recognize then it doesn’t fit the What’s-it? criterion. If we saw more of it we might immediately recognize it.
It is made more difficult because I can’t find any one place that is in sharp focus so I can’t pick up any clues by looking more closely at it by zooming in. I’m also thinking that the appearance of roughness or texture on the spheres is actually reflections of other nearby spheres.
Another question is whether the perceived 3D modelling of the surface is real or a manipulation or 3D shaping effect.
It appears to be some sort of beaded material based on the regularity of the arrangement of the small spheres. It’s also possible that the appearance of spheres is an illusion and the things that look like spheres are actually out of focus highlights reflected off some shiny surface.
The way that the spheres stay in alignment even when the supporting surface is bent suggests some type of flexible fabric. Sometimes you see tiny glass spheres attached to material in reflective safety clothing - like the orange vest with a reflective “X” on front and back, as worn by school crosswalk guards or highway construction workers, or nighttime cyclists. I’m thinking if the glass beads were that small we would see more of the type of focus fall-off common in close-ups. So the beads are probably not quite that small.
My best guess is that it is a (perhaps dark) fabric with a beaded surface, like perhaps a ladies clutch purse, or fancy evening gown. The beads might actually be black but perhaps the colour has been removed from the photo.
Oh well. That’s the best I can come up with.

I have stared at this thing for hours, at home, at work, I’ve shown other people and asked what they think. I just don’t know. I just hope I don’t feel too silly when I find out what it is. I WILL find out, right? Right, Rajesh?
Yeah, I can’t figure it out either! :confused:

Texturing on something that's gripped or grips something.
Like those rubber mats you can put on your dashboard to hold your phone or the grip on a toolnor impliment.
It also reminds me of the grip on the bottom of footware.
Thank you so much for your comment

This does make a good What’s-it? Part of the What’s-it? class is that the subject is something everyone would be familiar with, except the way it is photographed removed the clues that help us recognize what it is. If it isn’t something we would recognize then it doesn’t fit the What’s-it? criterion. If we saw more of it we might immediately recognize it.
It is made more difficult because I can’t find any one place that is in sharp focus so I can’t pick up any clues by looking more closely at it by zooming in. I’m also thinking that the appearance of roughness or texture on the spheres is actually reflections of other nearby spheres.
Another question is whether the perceived 3D modelling of the surface is real or a manipulation or 3D shaping effect.
It appears to be some sort of beaded material based on the regularity of the arrangement of the small spheres. It’s also possible that the appearance of spheres is an illusion and the things that look like spheres are actually out of focus highlights reflected off some shiny surface.
The way that the spheres stay in alignment even when the supporting surface is bent suggests some type of flexible fabric. Sometimes you see tiny glass spheres attached to material in reflective safety clothing - like the orange vest with a reflective “X” on front and back, as worn by school crosswalk guards or highway construction workers, or nighttime cyclists. I’m thinking if the glass beads were that small we would see more of the type of focus fall-off common in close-ups. So the beads are probably not quite that small.
My best guess is that it is a (perhaps dark) fabric with a beaded surface, like perhaps a ladies clutch purse, or fancy evening gown. The beads might actually be black but perhaps the colour has been removed from the photo.
Oh well. That’s the best I can come up with.
Yes guessed it correctly Congratulations . It’s a design of ladies handbag . Actually it’s a flat design but I’ve made some curve. I used flashlight and photographed the same.

Yes guessed it correctly Congratulations . It’s a design of ladies handbag . Actually it’s a flat design but I’ve made some curve. I used flashlight and photographed the same.
You did a very nice job making an abstract from a regular object. Bonus points for the added lighting effects.

Well done FundyBrian ! I had the same thought as terse although it was clear the beads were too small.

Back
Top Bottom