• > UPDATE Thread < Thanks to all who've DONATED to help with MobiTog's costs, please consider a small regular monthly sum, now possible under the new Donate tab! (NB - If all active MobiMembers Donate just £1/$1 per month it will cover our costs and help with expenditure for updates/improvements) A BIG THANK YOU ALL for your continued generosity & support!
  • PLEASE READ THIS THREAD < Tap for linky - MobiTog still has a few minor updates/improvements to complete... :)

CLOSED Abstractify-this! For @Lynne.Peterson

zenjenny

MobiStaff
Site Staff
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
View attachment 113678 View attachment 113680

Abstract art is art that does not attempt to represent an accurate depiction of a visual reality but instead use shapes, colours, forms and gestural marks to achieve its effect (Tate)

John has selected the beautiful image below for
group abstract-ification.

77F0A89D-B41A-407D-95D2-39BF1CCF4953.jpeg

And Lynne.Peterson has foolishly graciously agreed to let MobiTog’s most creative geniuses loose on it!

That means you rework Lynne’s image into what you consider an abstract version. Any apps, any interpretation — you can do pretty much whatever you like to it, as long as Lynne can detect in your version some passing resemblance somewhere to her original.

Please give some information about your thinking and your editing/apping.

This is not a competition: No Judging, no winners.
After a week or so, Lynne will give some feedback before sidling up to some other poor unsuspecting sod another lucky Member and selecting his/her image for the next
ABSTRACT-IF-ICATION

Last edited:

zenjenny

MobiStaff
Site Staff
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
F5C4AA57-91D9-4ABE-8083-D1BA2DC074EB.jpeg

SnapSeed to crop, lower saturation and heighten contrasts. Repix and Pixlr for selective blurring and filters, Formulas for three overlays at low volume and frame. Union throughout for blending & masking.

4B1DFD33-7BC0-4A70-A1D5-09AEE1BA86E3.jpeg

Edit: such a dark image - does it work better with a lighter frame?

zenjenny

MobiStaff
Site Staff
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
Peter Max effect
Mirrored in MRRW, once through Imaengine, then into iColorama
View attachment 114218
I like the vector/icolorama mix: with the mirroring and the soft palette makes a very pretty picture. And, even though I love the mermaid tail in the centre bottom, I’d still like to see a 4x3 ish crop to see how losing the green space affects the image.

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
View attachment 114225

SnapSeed to crop, lower saturation and heighten contrasts. Repix and Pixlr for selective blurring and filters, Formulas for three overlays at low volume and frame. Union throughout for blending & masking.

View attachment 114226

Edit: such a dark image - does it work better with a lighter frame?
When I saw this I didn’t realise what thread they were in and thought that it was the top half of a cat’s head. Wonderful.