AC (Album Cover) #6 Classic Rock RESULT

sinnerjohn

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
SIX? Yes SIX, some of you can remember this challenge, some of you newbie's won't. After a discussion with some fellow Mobi veterans it was decided it may be the time to bring this back.

The idea is re-create an Album Cover (see below) any way you see fit. So it may include straight photography, lettering, manipulation, creativity, painting etc.
Before we concentrated on some album covers where the artwork may (or may not have been) questionable, but this time I want you to have a crack at some fairly well known ones.

You can have a go at one of them or more, judging will be on each sleeve then an overall winner, rules below read them carefully.

There are two challenge-specific rules and they are that the original artist or artists should NOT appear on your cover and the image should be square. You can, however, put people, text, flora, fauna, aliens or anything else on it. Colour, black and white or a combo of both.
InFrame_1629295205862.jpg

The Smiths - Meat is Murder
Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
Pink Floyd - Dark side of the Moon
Bruce Springsteen - Born in the USA

Challenge will run till the 13th September so plenty of time to create......... GO!

Last edited:

WOTANICUS

Mobiobsessive & IOTM WInner - September 2021
Reaction score
Real Name
Bill
Device
iPhone 12 Mini
32CE0A4F-3877-4E5A-A38F-C0779DBE4063.jpeg

Taking a cue from Morrissey's intent to have a stab at carnivores, but also trying to retain the DIY 'paste up' effect of the original. Photoshop, Superimpose, Snapseed, Pixlr and a quick jump to Photo Editor on Android for the phot inversion.

Have to say I spooked the mother in law when I fished out all the kitchen knives and laid them on the table to photograph them!:smilingimp:

Last edited:

Starzee

IOTM Winner - July 2020
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Since the last time I used SuperImpose X there was an update. Nothing fancy, but it was easier to get around. This image was one in my archives there, repurposed for this. Thanks again to zenjenny Jen for the image of the lady.
SuperImpose X, Procreate
5409B94C-2829-4482-B7AC-EDF5C3075C0B.jpeg

ImageArt

IOTM Winner - February 2021
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365
View attachment 170376

Taking inspiration from the original themes that informed the concept album - time, mental illness, greed etc.
Snapseed, Pixlr, Lightroom
Fantastic start. I‘ve never been good at this challenge. Can’t seem to come up with something original and appropriate.

JillyG

IOTM Winner - September 2020 & January 2021
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I love everything so far. :hearteyes:I’m a bit intimidated to be honest, but I’m going to have a go when we get home (tomorrow).

sinnerjohn

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
I think we should have a bonus Stones album cover in tribute to Charlie Watts
I think 4 is enough this time. Maybe AC#7 can be a Stones special. I've listened to the Stones all of my adult life and even my childhood background music was the Stones due to elder brothers. The golden age for me being very late 60's early to mid 70's. I've been lucky enough to see them live on a number of occasions, twice on one tour. I, like a lot of people believed that a band like the Stones were immortal, sadly not :(

WOTANICUS

Mobiobsessive & IOTM WInner - September 2021
Reaction score
Real Name
Bill
Device
iPhone 12 Mini
I think 4 is enough this time. Maybe AC#7 can be a Stones special. I've listened to the Stones all of my adult life and even my childhood background music was the Stones due to elder brothers. The golden age for me being very late 60's early to mid 70's. I've been lucky enough to see them live on a number of occasions, twice on one tour. I, like a lot of people believed that a band like the Stones were immortal, sadly not :(
Some of the record covers can't be improved upon anyway, as iconic as their music. I'm surprised that Charlie was the first to go, as he always struck me as being the most youthful!

sinnerjohn

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
Some of the record covers can't be improved upon anyway, as iconic as their music. I'm surprised that Charlie was the first to go, as he always struck me as being the most youthful!
Yes, for me tinkering with the album covers would be sacrilege :eek:

Maybe Emotional Rescue is a bit iffy or some of the older 60's ones that just show the band. But anything from Beggars Banquet onward I'd say are off limits as far as I'm concerned.