Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Yeah, its sort of a political statement,
C3A91A7D-271D-47D0-95F9-AE82580E331B.jpeg

This particular song is one of my least favorites, partly because I’m not really much of a Springsteen fan, but mostly because of it’s total misuse as a patriotic ballad alongside “America the Beautiful” on Independence Day. It is NOT a “celebrate the USA” song. It’s a ballad about how horribly the Viet Nam vets were treated when they returned home. Another in a long line of not so great American moments.

Sorry about that.

Edit: BTW, image of the Statue of Liberty from Pixabay. Infinite Painter has a “search“ option on it’s Insert Image tab.

Last edited:

Starzee

IOTM Winner - July 2020
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
This one also gave me trouble. First, I can’t match the album covers already posted but I’ve never heard of the band. And it made me think too much if you know what I mean. I went minimal.
027C73C1-1EFE-4FF6-9BC9-D83B15A34453.jpeg

rizole

IOTM Winner - June & August 2020 + April 2021
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Rizole
Device
Huawei
I used Unsplash and went with the stock photo option. Here's 3 variations for M is M.
Whoops, added pics to the wrong bit...See below. :rolleyes:

rizole

MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Rizole
Device
Huawei
Apologies for removing the iMages, please remember we are a Mobile Photography only site and posts should be made accordingly, thank you for your cooperation, Admin.

sinnerjohn

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
Which ones?
Well the one that says images must be taken by yourself on a mobile device? Not using images you find on Unsplash or other stock image sites.

I think this was the straw that broke the camel's back of the first attempt to do this 'challenge'. I can see the urge to use images that are not your own (albeit edited on a mobile) as the challenge is pretty hard to do otherwise. But if we start using stock images, it kind of goes against the MobiTog ethos.

Thoughts anyone?

JillyG

IOTM Winner - September 2020 & January 2021
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Well the one that says images must be taken by yourself on a mobile device? Not using images you find on Unsplash or other stock image sites.

I think this was the straw that broke the camel's back of the first attempt to do this 'challenge'. I can see the urge to use images that are not your own (albeit edited on a mobile) as the challenge is pretty hard to do otherwise. But if we start using stock images, it kind of goes against the MobiTog ethos.

Thoughts anyone?
Ahhhhh, it all comes flooding back in a wave.:rolleyes: I can see the appeal of using stock photos, but they’re not guaranteed to be from a mobile device, and I think that is the problem (well, one of them). I think I know what Admin would say if asked.:whistle:

rizole

MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Rizole
Device
Huawei

Fair point and I certainly don't want to make the challenge harder or less fun for anyone so I'll withdraw them from the challenge on that basis.

Thoughts anyone?

It's never occurred to me stock would be an issue. I've created pics here (many mobitogers have for that matter) that have no reference to any visual material taken in the real world with my own device ...there are whole apps you can create stuff from libraries of stock badges, stickers, filters, images and overlays and I've often pulled the odd random image of a search to incorporate into a pic.

Certainly the mobi-mantra of Taken with and processed on falls over on that first word - Taken - as many pics here are not taken but created, generated, montaged what have you. Much of the stuff here isn't realistically photography.

Not arguing to have my pics included here on the thread, like I said, lets keep it fun, just laying out some thoughts.

sinnerjohn

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
Fair point and I certainly don't want to make the challenge harder or less fun for anyone so I'll withdraw them from the challenge on that basis.

It's never occurred to me stock would be an issue. I've created pics here (many mobitogers have for that matter) that have no reference to any visual material taken in the real world with my own device ...there are whole apps you can create stuff from libraries of stock badges, stickers, filters, images and overlays and I've often pulled the odd random image of a search to incorporate into a pic.

Certainly the mobi-mantra of Taken with and processed on falls over on that first word - Taken - as many pics here are not taken but created, generated, montaged what have you. Much of the stuff here isn't realistically photography.

Not arguing to have my pics included here on the thread, like I said, lets keep it fun, just laying out some thoughts.
Well that's why I asked for thoughts on a wider scale really. I have no issue with what you've created at all, it was aimed at generating some conversations about the use of stock images, that were more than likely NOT taken on a mobile device.

We either keep the Mobi mantra or not, I have a feeling there are differing opinions amongst regulars?

Starzee

IOTM Winner - July 2020
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
On this thread?
My covers for Darkside of the Moon and Meat is Murder were both created in painting apps, using no photographs at all. Using images from stock photos isn’t mobile photography but more digital art, IMHO. Doing this challenge without stock images would be harder, but more challenging. My first idea for Springsteen was train of thought dissertation in alternating red, white and blue lettering, on my thinking on that song. Time consuming, perhaps bu it could have been done without the Statue of Liberty in a mushroom cloud. Bottom line is, rules or roolz made to be broken.

sinnerjohn

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
My covers for Darkside of the Moon and Meat is Murder were both created in painting apps, using no photographs at all. Using images from stock photos isn’t mobile photography but more digital art, IMHO. Doing this challenge without stock images would be harder, but more challenging. My first idea for Springsteen was train of thought dissertation in alternating red, white and blue lettering, on my thinking on that song. Time consuming, perhaps bu it could have been done without the Statue of Liberty in a mushroom cloud. Bottom line is, rules or roolz made to be broken.
WELL rizole, Starzee is staff and she's giving you the green light to break rules!! Go for it :lol:

zenjenny

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
Letters and spirits.
1. Also ‘good faith’ - act in good faith & assume others are also acting in good faith
2. Don’t post photos you’ve taken with your Hasselblad H4D. See 1.
3. Don’t waste time & energy debating the fine print. See 1.