MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
but the final image is made using a phone or tablet. Providing nobody just nicks a stock photo from Google and plonks some letting on it, I feel we should allow a little 'creative freedom' with these sort of challenges.
I followed a FB digital art group for a while. A frequent form of referencing: “from the internet”.

deepop

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
David
Device
iPhone Xs
My 365
My MobiTog 365
So I'll award a winner for each Album then an overall winner.

For Pink Floyd's DSOTM WOTANICUS
13262c69-a361-446b-9818-f5135a4654e3-jpeg.170376

Straight out of the gate with a very interesting take on Floyd's classic dip into madness and all things dark.
HM to lkbside who's very well executed design could have also been a winner.

Born in the USA - deepop
20d99c6a-9941-4010-a014-00c61c6d5c3f-jpeg.170677

Great image, definitely a photo! Summing up the faded glory of the title song's theme.
HM to WOTANICUS with a very stylish Bruce cover.

Rumours - zenjenny
96e7fde9-6fbc-4ea3-9c04-72efef394038-jpeg.170492

Love this, reminded me of a Winne the Pooh illustration for some reason (I have a weakness for WTP)
HM to deepop with an almost photoshoot b/w Rumours cover.

tbc
Thanks John for the Boss spot. Kudos to WOTANICUS and JillyG and supreme accolades to zenjenny.

Starzee

IOTM Winner - July 2020
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Why yes, I've done that. :lmao: I once posted one of sinnerjohn's images thinking it was my own. (I don't remember why I had downloaded it to my Camera Roll, but it'd been there long enough that I'd forgotten it wasn't mine. Then when I saw it again, I thought "Hey, that looks pretty good!"
I am soooo afraid of doing that!!!! I down load the photos to post on Instagram and try to remember to delete them right away. Sometimes I forget. :oops:

zenjenny

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
I am soooo afraid of doing that!!!! I down load the photos to post on Instagram and try to remember to delete them right away. Sometimes I forget. :oops:
Or you’re doing the tap . . . tap . . . tap random thing on FotoDa and up pops half of a particularly fetching portrait / landscape / macro that — oh, of course, when I downloaded 30 odd photos to make a collage for IoTM last month, or the month before :oops::lol:

JillyG

IOTM Winner - September 2020 & January 2021
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Overall winner - zenjenny for Rumours
96e7fde9-6fbc-4ea3-9c04-72efef394038-jpeg.170492

What initially seems like a very simple illustration kept me coming back. What is the figure doing in the long grass? Is he hiding, or waiting for someone? Is his hat disguising him? Is that a newspaper he's holding? Is it symbolic? I'll be carrying a rolled up newspaper when you see me?

Thankfully homosexuality is now widely excepted in the western world (still outlawed in some Middle Eastern countries) but when I was growing up in the 60's, it was still illegal in the UK. Not till 1967 was it officially legalised. Something that always astounds me, as if being born one way or another is something that can be legal or not.
The illustration made me think of people hiding or arranging secret rendezvous, or is it it just Rumours? Well done zenjenny.

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

Now the difficult part. I've not mentioned rizole even though he put in some great editions. As I've mentioned already, its a very difficult challenge to do without resorting to stock images in one way or another. Also not having photoshop available makes it even harder.

I think it was worth resurrecting the challenge, if only to see if it CAN be done on mobile using mobile photos/mobile illustrations.
Again it was partially successful with some great images, some I didn't even have room to mention.

Do we want it to become a regular feature? I'm personally not sure, I didn't take part even though I instigated it. But I'm happy to set it up again if Jen picks some album covers and is happy to judge next time around.
But maybe we need some definite rules around this that are ADMIN backed?

Thoughts anyone?
Yay! Well done zenjenny Jen. That’s such a lovely little image. I particularly love the typeface - that’s just the cherry on the cake.