Ad blocking on mobile devices

That would depend on the browser you're using. I'll take a wild guess at you still using Safari as that's what Apple gave you :D
I certainly wouldn't pay for an ad-blocker like the one in your link, there are many free ones available for regular browsers.

rizole will be along shortly with a gazzillion privacy tips ;)

Any wisdom on blocking ads on mobile devices?
I’ve been seeing a lot of pop-up advertising :alien: for this one
What if anything do you use? With what if any success ?
Ublock origin is my preferred blocker but not available for safari I believe.
https://getadblock.com/en/ does work on safari. I suggest it not because I use it myself but its the only extention allowed to be installed at my work and, knowing our network manager, that suggests it's a good enough adblocker with no privacy concerns.

rizole will be along shortly with a gazzillion privacy tips ;)
*Sniffs sniffily* :appsir:

I'm stuck with Edge at work and the powers that be have blocked all add-ons, doh.
I've managed to find ways around company IT policy for a couple of decades and largely run any damn software I saw fit, on the qt of course. Our current network manager has locked everything down now on security grounds and I can't find any work arounds to it. Irritating for me but fair play to him, he's good at his job. Protects the company but hasn't forgotten about employees quality of life at work regarding ads. I'd rather be limited by someone who knows their stuff than a pointy haired boss.

Here’s an article from the Wirecutter, the NY Times consumer website. They don’t recommend anything for Safari, if that’s what you use. However there are a lot of options for Firefox, a privacy oriented browser.

Here’s an article from the Wirecutter, the NY Times consumer website. They don’t recommend anything for Safari, if that’s what you use. However there are a lot of options for Firefox, a privacy oriented browser.
Firefox...check.
Ublock Origin...check.
Privacy Badger...check.
Password manager...check.
Multi account containers...check.

*Installs Clear URLs and Decentraleyes.*

Back
Top Bottom