Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Hello again, it’s been a while.
We’ve had a bit of a hectic start to 2022 - an unscheduled house move (we rent) which was very stressful, then my daughter broke her arm at school. And just as she got the cast off her arm, she got chickenpox.

So we’re just starting to get back to ‘normal’ and I am trying to make some time to make images.

I took this one this afternoon in our garden, it’s had a bit of an edit in Snapseed.

View attachment 179857
Sheesh! What a start to the year. And I agree, the POV is stunning.

Alpaca

MobiStarlet
Reaction score
Real Name
Helen
Device
IPhone XR
I’ve been playing around with this image for a while now. I made the first edit a few weeks ago, and then picked it up again this evening to do a bit more. I think I prefer the first version, although I think it needs ‘something’ in the background.
8D4A805C-7BB9-43A6-9838-7CD21ACA1C30.png
21816B1C-3460-41D0-9487-1CB46F7E1BA3.png

Last edited by a moderator:

terse

IOTM Winner - May, Nov 20; Jun, Jul, Dec 21;
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
I’ve been playing around with this image for a while now. I made the first edit a few weeks ago, and then picked it up again this evening to do a bit more. I think I prefer the first version, although I think it needs ‘something’ in the background.
I think so, too, something to go with those lovely soft brushstroke feathers, but something that will fade into the background to leave the flamingo in front. Maybe something from Mextures or DistressedFX if you have those?

zenjenny

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
I’ve been playing around with this image for a while now. I made the first edit a few weeks ago, and then picked it up again this evening to do a bit more. I think I prefer the first version, although I think it needs ‘something’ in the background.View attachment 180031View attachment 180032
Hope you don’t mind, Helen, I’ve taken the liberty of posting full size versions of your images — all the better for our members to view and offer their wise words :)

Alpaca

MobiStarlet
Reaction score
Real Name
Helen
Device
IPhone XR
I think so, too, something to go with those lovely soft brushstroke feathers, but something that will fade into the background to leave the flamingo in front. Maybe something from Mextures or DistressedFX if you have those?
Yes, I will have a look. I was thinking of some 'paint splatters' (not a technical term :D) as well, as I think it would go with the brush strokes. Need to swot up on iColorama for that one though.

Alpaca

MobiStarlet
Reaction score
Real Name
Helen
Device
IPhone XR
Hope you don’t mind, Helen, I’ve taken the liberty of posting full size versions of your images — all the better for our members to view and offer their wise words :)
Not at all. I was posting from my tablet last night and when I saw the full size option was 18MB, I panicked and resized. :D

JillyG

IOTM Winner - Sep 20 + Jan & Nov 21
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I’ve been playing around with this image for a while now. I made the first edit a few weeks ago, and then picked it up again this evening to do a bit more. I think I prefer the first version, although I think it needs ‘something’ in the background.View attachment 180031View attachment 180032
I don’t think it needs anything, other than perhaps some light striking the head and shoulder of the flamingo - easily done in iColorama. It’s wonderful.

Alpaca

MobiStarlet
Reaction score
Real Name
Helen
Device
IPhone XR
I have been trying to get some bluebell shots and finally found somewhere with more than one (which wasn’t on a grass verge or in someone’s garden). This was taken with Slow Shutter, and cropped in Snapseed to remove a random light area which was distracting.

589E152E-757D-44C7-8F93-337EC37F82E3.jpeg

Alpaca

MobiStarlet
Reaction score
Real Name
Helen
Device
IPhone XR
And I’ve been playing around with wombo. I managed to get one image without the frame and title but can’t remember how now.
This is the daisy in my garden.
4D0C486E-0400-4227-8B28-F1F002E7BC88.jpeg

And this is the flamingo.

4C15CDD8-0F0F-4296-9BB9-B7059DF841B9.jpeg