Alpaca’s Allsorts

Hello again, it’s been a while.
We’ve had a bit of a hectic start to 2022 - an unscheduled house move (we rent) which was very stressful, then my daughter broke her arm at school. And just as she got the cast off her arm, she got chickenpox.

So we’re just starting to get back to ‘normal’ and I am trying to make some time to make images.

I took this one this afternoon in our garden, it’s had a bit of an edit in Snapseed.

View attachment 179857
Sheesh! What a start to the year. And I agree, the POV is stunning.

I’ve been playing around with this image for a while now. I made the first edit a few weeks ago, and then picked it up again this evening to do a bit more. I think I prefer the first version, although I think it needs ‘something’ in the background.
8D4A805C-7BB9-43A6-9838-7CD21ACA1C30.png
21816B1C-3460-41D0-9487-1CB46F7E1BA3.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve been playing around with this image for a while now. I made the first edit a few weeks ago, and then picked it up again this evening to do a bit more. I think I prefer the first version, although I think it needs ‘something’ in the background.
I think so, too, something to go with those lovely soft brushstroke feathers, but something that will fade into the background to leave the flamingo in front. Maybe something from Mextures or DistressedFX if you have those?

I’ve been playing around with this image for a while now. I made the first edit a few weeks ago, and then picked it up again this evening to do a bit more. I think I prefer the first version, although I think it needs ‘something’ in the background.View attachment 180031View attachment 180032
Hope you don’t mind, Helen, I’ve taken the liberty of posting full size versions of your images — all the better for our members to view and offer their wise words :)

I think so, too, something to go with those lovely soft brushstroke feathers, but something that will fade into the background to leave the flamingo in front. Maybe something from Mextures or DistressedFX if you have those?
Yes, I will have a look. I was thinking of some 'paint splatters' (not a technical term :D) as well, as I think it would go with the brush strokes. Need to swot up on iColorama for that one though.

Hope you don’t mind, Helen, I’ve taken the liberty of posting full size versions of your images — all the better for our members to view and offer their wise words :)
Not at all. I was posting from my tablet last night and when I saw the full size option was 18MB, I panicked and resized. :D

I’ve been playing around with this image for a while now. I made the first edit a few weeks ago, and then picked it up again this evening to do a bit more. I think I prefer the first version, although I think it needs ‘something’ in the background.View attachment 180031View attachment 180032
I don’t think it needs anything, other than perhaps some light striking the head and shoulder of the flamingo - easily done in iColorama. It’s wonderful.

I have been trying to get some bluebell shots and finally found somewhere with more than one (which wasn’t on a grass verge or in someone’s garden). This was taken with Slow Shutter, and cropped in Snapseed to remove a random light area which was distracting.

589E152E-757D-44C7-8F93-337EC37F82E3.jpeg

I’m pleased with how this one turned out, considering the subject was spinning round and waving the bubble wand wildly.

I narrowly avoided getting bubble mixture all over my phone at one point.

Snapseed for cropping and small tweak to exposure.

38DAF130-40D1-49B8-BC4D-DEE9F06F4C73.jpeg

I’m pleased with how this one turned out, considering the subject was spinning round and waving the bubble wand wildly.

View attachment 183179
Gorgeous action pic!

View attachment 183179
Lovely, I have a similar image of my granddaughter that actually won a colour challenge way back.

Wow, it really has been too long.

I have been taking photos, but I haven’t been able to do much editing as my IPad seems to be struggling to keep battery charge. I prefer to use a tablet, although I’m sure I could do some creative stuff on my phone.

Anyway, I was just harvesting some Nigella seeds (one of my favourite flowers) and wondering how to show off the dried seed pods.

I took a couple of photos because I think they’re really beautiful.

Edited in Snapseed.

F62100BA-2A00-498D-9111-C81A0DFE5599.jpeg

Wow, it really has been too long.

I have been taking photos, but I haven’t been able to do much editing as my IPad seems to be struggling to keep battery charge. I prefer to use a tablet, although I’m sure I could do some creative stuff on my phone.

Anyway, I was just harvesting some Nigella seeds (one of my favourite flowers) and wondering how to show off the dried seed pods.

I took a couple of photos because I think they’re really beautiful.

Edited in Snapseed.

View attachment 197201
Welcome back! And very nice image for your return.

I almost always edit on my iPad -- the phone screen is just too small for me, and I miss things that then show up on a larger screen.

Welcome back! And very nice image for your return.

I almost always edit on my iPad -- the phone screen is just too small for me, and I miss things that then show up on a larger screen.
What Ted said. Even though I have large phone I still have trouble making edits.

Back
Top Bottom